Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yeah - - the circumstance is that one person protected herself and another person freaked out and murdered someone. All of these people being law-abiding citizens - - until they weren't anymore.

Dumbest and lamest excuse ever....

You're not a drunk driver, until you get caught...

You're not a rapist, until you get caught....

You're not a car thief, until you get caught...

You're not a wife beater, until you get caught....

Shall I go on with the stupidity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 AM

817 posts, read 752,528 times
Everyone should be armed. Crime would be nonexistent.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:46 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The woman's home is in west Houston (near Katy) a nice middle class suburban area. I looked for more info & watched 2 of the Houston TV news reports. The video showed that the woman appeared to be a normal (active/"with it") 60 y/o white woman.

She was robbed by two men. One was shot and killed, the other ran off. The ONLY description given on any website or on the two TV reports (that I saw) was that the dead guy was indeed dead (no other description given).

& what about the description of the guy that ran off??

The other suspect got away by jumping a fence. It's not clear if he was wounded. Deputies are searching the neighborhood for him. The victim said he appeared to be around 20 years old, was wearing dark clothing and his red underwear was showing.

So, if I was a neighbor who lived 2 blocks away....I should be on the lookout for some 18-23 y/o kid, height and weight unknown, race unknown......but wearing red underwear.

I suspect Granny gave a little bit more detailed description (especially if she was able to identify his red underwear showing at the top of his baggy pants).

Old 08-02-2017, 10:49 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
I am a progressive, but I totally support her actions. If these thugs break into people's home, they should be shot. No sense clogging the criminal justice system with scumbags. See, some progressives have common sense too.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
The woman's home is in west Houston (near Katy) a nice middle class suburban area. I looked for more info & watched 2 of the Houston TV news reports. The video showed that the woman appeared to be a normal (active/"with it") 60 y/o white woman.

She was robbed by two men. One was shot and killed, the other ran off. The ONLY description given on any website or on the two TV reports (that I saw) was that the dead guy was indeed dead (no other description given).

& what about the description of the guy that ran off??

The other suspect got away by jumping a fence. It's not clear if he was wounded. Deputies are searching the neighborhood for him. The victim said he appeared to be around 20 years old, was wearing dark clothing and his red underwear was showing.

So, if I was a neighbor who lived 2 blocks away....I should be on the lookout for some 18-23 y/o kid, height and weight unknown, race unknown......but wearing red underwear.

I suspect Granny gave a little bit more detailed description (especially if she was able to identify his red underwear showing at the top of his baggy pants).
But...we should know by the description about red underwear showing.....

Old 08-02-2017, 10:51 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I am a progressive, but I totally support her actions. If these thugs break into people's home, they should be shot. No sense clogging the criminal justice system with scumbags. See, some progressives have common sense too.

Good for you! I live in a nice area, but not too far away three men broke into an elderly couples house, and nearly beat them to death for a few dollars. It was very sad. Usually just the sight of a gun makes these cowards run.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:55 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Wrong House, MF**
** My Friend

Old 08-02-2017, 12:17 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Good for you! I live in a nice area, but not too far away three men broke into an elderly couples house, and nearly beat them to death for a few dollars. It was very sad. Usually just the sight of a gun makes these cowards run.
And these incidents usually don't get reported to the police since there are no shots fired. So a lot of defensive uses of firearms are not included in the statistics.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:29 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And these incidents usually don't get reported to the police since there are no shots fired. So a lot of defensive uses of firearms are not included in the statistics.

That's very true. I will say this, I am seeing more "good guy with a gun" stories at least in the alternative media, more, and more, and even some in the mainstream media. It used to be you could only read about it in the NRA's "American Riflemen" each month.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:29 PM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Good for her.
You should every right to protect your safety, life and home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies