Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. It's not.

It may be prejudiced here in the USA, but it's not racist.

The white people in this country hold a majority of the social and political power. You cannot exhibit racism toward the "ruling class" in a given country.

Besides, I doubt many of the posters here are anti-white.

They're just not anti-everyone else enough to appease the white supremacist crowd.
You are conflating classism and racism. Mass immigration doesn't harm the "ruling class" it disproportionately harms and affects the non-ruling class. Poor, unattractive, foreign gibberish speaking, foreign clothing wearing along with every other non-white, non-western person isn't flooding the "ruling class" communities and altering them demographically, socio-politically, economically and in every way possible under the sun.

Are whites not entitled to rule the countries they founded, built and populated? Is that something only non-whites are privileged to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:23 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
It is true that people from English speaking countries will have an edge, including UK, Australia, Nigeria, Singapore...

Old 08-07-2017, 09:17 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Worth reposting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Watch: He assumes English speakers are limited to England/Australia. Doesn't know that India is the #2 English speaking nation.
https://youtu.be/H-J4FvxtD9I

Just goes to show how uninformed CNN is.
"Now, I know CNN and its senior white house correspondent, John Acosta, have become Trump's whipping boys, and I am sorry about that. But my god! John Acosta asked a question, made a statement, attacked the merit based immigration proposal by stating it's a departure from former immigration "policy." Acosta believes that Emma Lazarus's poem "your huddled masses yearning to be free ...send these, the homeless tempest-tost [tossed] to me ..." is the basis of the U.S. immigration system.

This would be like saying that Robert Frost's poem about "two roads diverged in a yellow wood' and choosing the one less traveled is the basis of the signage regulations for the interstate highway system.

BANANAS!"

Old 08-07-2017, 09:22 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
So what's wrong with requiring immigrants speak English. Give it your best shot. I'm really curious why you're against it.
Everyone that comes here should be allowed to speak their native language. It's pure bigotry to want them to speak English

Old 08-07-2017, 09:34 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Everyone that comes here should be allowed to speak their native language. It's pure bigotry to want them to speak English
No one is asking people not to speak their native language.

Just learn some English.

I spend 2 months a year in Japan and learned basic Japanese. I don't live here and it isn't required... It just makes sense!

Old 08-08-2017, 01:26 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Ignorance on both sides of the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Most of Africa, speak English as their first language.

It was awesome to hear him say, "you would have to be a complete idiot."
English is most spoken, as it is the language of business. However, I'm not sure it is spoken as the first language of most Africans. Each ethnic groups has a primary non-western language, seemingly spoken at home in most cases. Most Africans I know speak 3-4 languages, including English or another European language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies