Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:59 AM

77,015 posts, read 47,410,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Jim Acosta makes racist statement.
I will crown you the PC Queen of the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:26 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Aw, chuckles...

When you're upset, things become so emotional that simple stuff gets complicated.

Acosta then repeated his original question about whether immigrants would have to speak English before coming to the U.S., asking “Are we just going to bring in people from Great Britain and Australia?”

Rather than addressing the question, Miller called Acosta’s comments offensive. “I am shocked at your statement, that you think only people from Great Britain and Australia would know English,” he said.

Stephen Miller Calls Jim Acosta ‘Ignorant and Foolish’ [VIDEO] | Variety

No need to get all flustered like that poindexter guy Miller did yesterday.

What a creep.

Yeah... not seeing how Acosta was so terrible for asking a pretty basic question.

Miller was deflecting. Miller wasn't actually "shocked."

He also used it as an excuse to refer to Acosta as "ignorant" and "foolish" and to look all high and mighty while doing it.

He's a turd.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,497,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He also used it as an excuse to refer to Acosta as "ignorant" and "foolish" and to look all high and mighty while doing it.

He's a turd.
He was just stating the obvious.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:31 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
Quote:
Yeah... not seeing how Acosta was so terrible for asking a pretty basic question.

Miller was deflecting. Miller wasn't actually "shocked."

He's a turd.

The right is just catching on to what the left has been doing for years...take a few words, blow them completely out of proportion and run with it....no matter if its true or not......sorry if you don't like the lefts tactics used against the left...

Old 08-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I love those who use words like Hitler and white nationalist to describe people who have policies that don't fit their ideology. I love them because right off the bat they've told the world who they are.

I guess they've never seen people from countries all over the globe speaking English. In fact, hasn't that been a complaint we've heard from certain people? How dumb we are in our own country when others around the globe can not only master their own language but speak English, as well?

Sorry, but your accusations hold no water. I know you'd like to bring in more people who can't speak the language and then demand they receive assistance because they cannot find work here, but we have enough problems and we don't need any more people added to your slave count.
Of course we've heard people from other countries speak English. We're not a bunch of rubes.

Let me ask you this...

When some dude from coal country in West Virginia who has never left a 25 mile radius of his hometown hears "must speak English" do you think that this person is all like "Excellent! This means all the lovely, educated people from China, India, and the Middle East should have no problem getting into the US." Or do you think he's thinking... "Yeah... keep all those Muslims and brown folks out!"

Let's not pretend that people with very little exposure to people from anywhere other than Mexico are truly thinking anything other than "this'll keep out the Mexicans so they'll quit taking OUR JOBS and all those terrorists who keep blowing things up!"

Do you think they REMOTELY assume someone from England or Australia wouldn't be welcome or allowed?

The job of the news media is to break things down for everyone listening. Picking places so common as the UK and Australia, where we know that the natives who were born there speak English, was LOGICAL.

It wasn't some "sign" that Acosta is discriminating against all of India. I'm sure a man of his intelligence and experience is well aware that plenty of people from MANY countries do indeed speak fluent English.

This whole "Acosta did a BAD THING!" smear by Miller is disingenuous at best. It's gaslighting, at worst.

How is that not painfully obvious?

The man cannot even act well enough to be convincing.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Miller is a white nationalist scumbag."

'Those that cast the insult are usually the one GUILTY of that insult", as they say.
Ahh... an insult from the "he who smelt it, dealt it" lexicon.

I expect more from you, QE.

Miller is legitimately a white nationalist. Since I'm the mother of mixed-race kids, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

But, thanks for playing.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:35 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,844,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Acosta knew what he was doing. Leftist do this constantly. They try to paint the administration or conservatives as racist. And then get them to deny it. Being anti-Anglo/white biased is racist too.
They don't need to try very hard the administration and many of the vocal conservatives are on this topic are doing a good job at appearing racist on their own merit.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Me proving you wrong does not mean I'm upset....you making stupid cartoons, means that you are upset...

Someone is flustered, not me...I'm laughing at you...
Do you really think you're getting over on folks, man?

That's rich.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Ugh, can't rep you anymore.
Cannot rep you either, but I'm floored that people cannot see through such a weak performance. I've seen better in elementary school plays.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:38 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,453,724 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this...

When some dude from coal country in West Virginia who has never left a 25 mile radius of his hometown hears "must speak English" do you think that this person is all like "Excellent! This means all the lovely, educated people from China, India, and the Middle East should have no problem getting into the US." Or do you think he's thinking... "Yeah... keep all those Muslims and brown folks out!".....
Hmm. Why don't you tell us what you think? i.e. You attempt to stereotype millions of people who you have never met, seen or had dealings with. You are absolutely guilty of that which you accuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies