Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No answers?

Do the ends justify the means?
What's there to answer? You just invoked Godwin's Law with that nonsense. You lose---big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:08 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey Captain Can't Read, when someone cites that Hillary failed to woo them back...and that her opponent if you've forgotten was Trump most people understand that the implication is of course Trump wooed the public.

Lastly, why end with the childish "I know you are but what am I rebuttal" in your last sentence? I'm not even a Trump voter let alone supporter and my tolerance for this level of discourse is at an end.

I've cleaned up my rebuttal to be considerably nicer in responding than what you deserved.
Within the last couple of days, I added (to another person's criticism of Obama) Obama's 'if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan' and 'if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor' lines. Captain Can't Read ( LOL) must have assumed (can't shake that Us vs. Them mentality, I guess) that if I dared be critical of Obama, then I must be a Trump supporter and voter (I'm neither)....as he replied to me......'if you like NO plan, then you can keep *YOUR New York City Con-man' (* = I capitalized 'your'). I tried to reply that day, but that thread had been locked.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:12 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Trump isn't an embarrassment he is a disgrace to the Oval Office.

He has diminished the Presidency and the nation.

It will take years to rebuild American prestige around the world.

I would recommend a sweeping fumigation of the WH once Trump leaves.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Republicans and Democrats, must agree that this president is hurting our country. Do we just have to sit back and accept his foolishness? Or is it possible to impeach him?
If enough Dems are voted in at the midterms--he'll be impeached.

If Mueller turns up enough shady stuff before that, even the GOP will have a difficult time ignoring that--especially with the guy's approvals in the low 30s--loyalty will fizzle.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump isn't an embarrassment he is a disgrace to the Oval Office.

He has diminished the Presidency and the nation.

It will take years to rebuild American prestige around the world.

I would recommend a sweeping fumigation of the WH once Trump leaves.
I disagree. He is more respected by world leaders that the American Apologist, Obama who hated his own country, and it showed. Trump, at least is feared by our enemies, especially Russia.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:20 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Republicans and Democrats, must agree that this president is hurting our country. Do we just have to sit back and accept his foolishness? Or is it possible to impeach him?
Unless they can find something to impeach him on, we're stuck with him. He's only in office because he won the electoral vote. How he won that without winning the popular vote is something to look at. If the majority of voters did not want him as President, but the electors did, something's not right.

As for embarrassment, I will say this. The embarrassment is there, but there is more. I consider him a horrible man. I can always say "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him". By that, I can disassociate myself from him.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:09 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Unless they can find something to impeach him on, we're stuck with him. He's only in office because he won the electoral vote. How he won that without winning the popular vote is something to look at. If the majority of voters did not want him as President, but the electors did, something's not right.

As for embarrassment, I will say this. The embarrassment is there, but there is more. I consider him a horrible man. I can always say "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him". By that, I can disassociate myself from him.
Why should it be "something to look at"? Just because you don't like that Hillary didn't win?

It isn't the first time that someone won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote and was elected president:

https://www.benzinga.com/general/edu...e-popular-vote

Old 08-03-2017, 06:14 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

While I did not vote for TRump, it's like saying that the Raiders beat the Broncos by having a higher score but that it's not fair because the Broncos had more yards.

When the rules state electoral votes, that's what people compete for.

We don't know what the result would have been had they (or prior presidential races) focused on total votes instead of electoral votes....it would change a number of key dynamics.

Basically, if the raiders had been told that total yards would win the game they'd likely behave differently.

IDK if that would mean they'd end up beating the Broncos under the criteria but to claim the Broncos would have won assuming no adjustment by the opposition is fallacious.

Kudos on many of your other comments.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:21 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This.

Hillary Rodham Clinton is like a blood-sucking leech.

President Donald J Trump is the complete opposite of that. I could care less what the Fake Stream Media says the rest of the world says about America.
Hey buddy, Trump sucks...hate to break it to you but he's doing the same broken promise crap that the others did and is largely ineffectual.

The only reason his popularity has fallen though is that he's just not the polished liar that other presidents have been.

The D vs. R tribalism is just sad to watch.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I disagree. He is more respected by world leaders that the American Apologist, Obama who hated his own country, and it showed. Trump, at least is feared by our enemies, especially Russia.

This post reads like it is from the Onion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies