Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:12 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
After the left nominates a loon like Elizabeth Warren or Hillary 2.0 Kamala Harris or plastic man Martin O'Malley, they will jump back on the Trump train
Indeed.
If the democrats think they have the next election in the bag, they might just be in for a huge surprise. Same if they think that they can basically just double down on their stance and type of candidate. Clinton should have showed them that her unlike-ability was not something many could overlook.
I do think that there are Trump voters who most likely think that with Trump they got more than they bargained for but again the democrats should not take anything for granted.
Say what you will but the last election was a message for them.

On top of that when was the last time a party did NOT have their candidate in place for 2 terms.

I think we will have to suffer Trump a little while longer yet. I just hope the GOP can continue to govern around his childish madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
ok fine,

impeach Trump, have him step down, and put Pence as president with someone like Ted Cruz as VP

that sound good?
I never thought I would say this, because I think Pence is a perv, and Cruz straight out gives me the creeps, but at this point, bring on President Pence.

I've had enough of the Trump Administration.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:24 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,906,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That doesn't pass the smell test. Even a Gov. is abandoning the democrats for the GOP and so are others.
Trump is delivering on his promises and only being stopped by a dysfunctional congress with lower approval ratings.
What about it doesn't pass the smell test? He is below 50% approval in Ohio. It's not that surprising to find that his support has dropped since November, especially with Independents/fence-sitter voters. This is not a unique perspective or anecdote. Most of the people I reference were either moderate/slightly right-leaning Democrats, Independents, or moderate Republicans.

I won't pretend it's a representative sample of the entire country, or anything - but I do think it is certainly tapping into a real feeling that people have - they are losing confidence in this President.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:24 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Bentlebee hears silence - how very zen.
I was wondering how he could hear silent people.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
After the left nominates a loon like Elizabeth Warren or Hillary 2.0 Kamala Harris or plastic man Martin O'Malley, they will jump back on the Trump train

He won Ohio pretty decisively. It will be extremely hard for it to go back. Probably need another Obama which the left doesn't really have
Very possible. Although I don't see Trump lasting - I think either he'll be primaried out, or will resign (I don't think he'll stick around to get impeached, if it ever goes down that path).

Stranger things have certainly happened.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What about it doesn't pass the smell test? He is below 50% approval in Ohio. It's not that surprising to find that his support has dropped since November, especially with Independents/fence-sitter voters. This is not a unique perspective or anecdote. Most of the people I reference were either moderate/slightly right-leaning Democrats, Independents, or moderate Republicans.

I won't pretend it's a representative sample of the entire country, or anything - but I do think it is certainly tapping into a real feeling that people have - they are losing confidence in this President.

His approval rating has been low ever since he was running

Approval ratings mean crap. What matters Is results. Hello even Bill Clinton didn't have great approval ratings during reelection

But if approval ratings are enough to nominate some crap candidate again because you think you got it in the bag then be my guest

Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
His approval rating has been low ever since he was running
It was low, but it has taken a steady downturn. We're not talking a few percentage points, we're talking double digit drops.

Quote:
Approval ratings mean crap. What matters Is results. Hello even Bill Clinton didn't have great approval ratings during reelection
It depends - they can certainly matter to other people in his party in Congress. If he becomes unpopular enough for Republicans in Congress to feel threatened for re-election, he will lose their support. Once that happens, a president has little chance of pushing an agenda.

Quote:
But if approval ratings are enough to nominate some crap candidate again because you think you got it in the bag then be my guest
I'm not saying anything about the next election - just talking about the current state of things. See my reply above.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:45 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,036 times
And yet the majority of Americans voted for Hillary, yet she lost. So technically, we live under a dictatorship of the minority in this country.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
If Trump supporters are hearing more silence, wouldn't that mean either there are less of them, or most are zoned out or asleep? Alternative logic.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
President: Republican
Senate: Republican
House: Republican
Supreme Court: Conservative (Trump could make up to three picks)
State Legislature: majority Republican
Governorships: 34 of 50 Republican

Dems: worst shape since the 1920s and face an unfavorable 2018 Senate map.

but say it is just a "kool aid cult" as much as you want
Republicans: Cannot get a damned thing through Congress, despite all this control.

Sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies