Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:09 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You chose to focus on one paragraph from the article, yet the message conveyed in the article is one of positive change by President Trump in his hiring of the General.

Negative spin. It's what liberals do best.
The message of the paragraph conveyed to me that General Kelly is a man who sees a problem and wants to fix it. A General's job is all about fixing problems; everything about the military is dedicated to addressing problems and keeping order.

So its no surprise to me than Kelly would take on a job like his, even if he anticipated a lot of work and trouble lay within it. That's exactly the kind of job Generals do every day. They bring order to chaos and peace to conflict.

I think conservatives want both in the White House just as much as liberals. Mitch McConnell would, for sure, along with Paul Ryan and a bunch of others. The nation needs a Cabinet with discipline, common dedication to a clear agenda of jobs to be accomplished, and one that is orderly, so as to get things done.

What we have now is a romper room. I sincerely hope Kelly succeeds in his mission. It seems to be the only mission that is clear. But despite my best wishes, I believe he will fail because his boss wants him to fail. Discipline always starts at the top first, and there is none at the top. The boss likes it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 04:16 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Blah,blah,blah...denial. Blah, blah, blah...attack the source. Blah, blah, blah...ad hominem attack. Blah, blah,blah...diversion.

Kelly is there to root out the "leakers", to keep the skeletons in the closet!
Well, that's what Trump thinks he's there for.

Others think he's there to bring this chaos to some sort of order. We all wish him the best.

Trump is paranoid and with good reason.

How long before he gets suspicious of Kelly remains to be seen.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Blah,blah,blah...denial. Blah, blah, blah...attack the source. Blah, blah, blah...ad hominem attack. Blah, blah,blah...diversion.

Kelly is there to root out the "leakers", to keep the skeletons in the closet!
Stopping the leaks was Trump's idea of a job description. Kelly may see his job description differently.

When there is nothing important to leak, there are no leaks of consequence.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...aff-trump.html

"In his six months as Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly often described the White House as one of the most dysfunctional organizations he had ever seen, complained to colleagues and allies about its meddling, incompetence and recklessness, and was once so angry he briefly considered quitting."
Apparently, Kelly "wants to closely monitor the information the president consumes, quickly counter dubious news stories with verified facts,"

What a fine idea.

Now, if only Fox News would do its part and stop flogging dubious news stories.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:

"In his six months as Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly often described the White House as one of the most dysfunctional organizations he had ever seen, complained to colleagues and allies about its meddling, incompetence and recklessness, and was once so angry he briefly considered quitting."

Apparently, Kelly also plans to "limit the posse of people urging Mr. Trump to tweet something they feel passionately about."

What the hell is that about?

Who is urging Trump to tweet?

Get them to stop.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Kelly won't last long. I saw some of Trump's ego booster; err rally, last night. He's still unhinged.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I made a bet with my dad on the over and under of how many times a day that Kelly says wtf while exploring this mess. I took five.
Bet Kelly wakes up going "WTF" every morning.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 08-04-2017 at 04:51 AM..

Old 08-04-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
... A bald headed clown.

However, Rush said Trump had an open door policy so staff could wander in, sometimes interrupting meetings. Staff would give him books, magazines and articles to read. ...
Personal attack aside, I was taken by the the idea that folks would wander into the Oval Office and give Trump anything to read at all, let alone "books, magazines, and articles."

Really? The man reads "books, magazines, and articles?" Who knew?

This is the first I'd heard of him reading anything in print, security briefings included, so it gave me a hope.

Alas, I could find nothing in the article about people dropping off "books, magazines, and articles."

Old 08-04-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bet Kelly wakes up going "WTF."
Nah.
While I once worked under an Admiral because I was in the Navy, all the guys who wear stars on their shoulders love taking on the hard stuff. That's how they got the stars.

They're all the same- the service they're in makes no difference. That's why they all are on a first-name basis with each other.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:

DJT: "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."

Taken together we have the portrait of a DJT inspired and created dysfunction!
It's interesting that Kelly took this job. Would love to know what Trump promised him; I suspect that he got assurances that he would be allowed to have control. We'll see how long that lasts. I suspect that Trump will struggle with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies