Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2017, 09:45 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times

Advertisements

As long as they're good enough to be hired by "the local milk people"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 09:48 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,715,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Why Not other countries practice this policy and the US can no longer take the Poor from other countries, just because those countries in question can deal with their poor due to internal corruption.

Plus we should of always enforced Immigration Laws on the books. It will be painful, however this whole issue needs to be cleaned up.
You'll like Australia.

Australia has used merit based immigration system for decades and illegals are not tolerated.

Contrary to popular belief, Japan is incredible easy for immigrants who are willing to learn Japanese and join the workforce.

But they don't like illegals and they don't take refugees. Last year it only took 28 refugees!
Japan took in just 28 refugees in 2016, despite record applications | Reuters

Old 08-06-2017, 09:50 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
They need to go after illegals, not legals.

Trump is talking through his hat because legal immigration is already merit based. They need to have a sponsor and they cannot receive public assistance for five years. If the sponsor is a business, they have to prove that they cannot find an American to do the job. Jobs are usually medical professionals.

Unless Trump is talking about refugees. Do any of us really know what he's talking about?

Old 08-06-2017, 09:51 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
We have seen that the Muslim Refuges have not contributed to Society and refuse to speak English and leave their ways back in their country.

I have known SA Immigrants that have resided in this country for 20 years do not even attempt to blend in.

This is a good standard. Just maybe our cites will not be over priced and turn into ghettos.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:56 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Things change, and our needs are a lot different now than they were 100 years ago. Back then we needed immigrants to help build our country, but that's no longer the case today.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
You'll like Australia.

Australia has used merit based immigration system for decades and illegals are not tolerated.

Contrary to popular belief, Japan is incredible easy for immigrants who are willing to learn Japanese and join the workforce.

But they don't like illegals and they don't take refugees. Last year it only took 28 refugees!
Japan took in just 28 refugees in 2016, despite record applications | Reuters
I wonder why most of those Asian countries don't get accused of being racist? Anytime the USA or any European country even mentions limiting immigration they get labeled as racist.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't argue that it's been done before. My grandfather moved here from Italy and started a business. He guaranteed jobs to many of his countrymen so that they would be allowed to come. I argue that I don't trust the current administration's motive.

Would melania have been allowed in under these standards? A college dropout whose father was a Communist supporter and who posed naked and dated a bunch of rich older men until she found one who would marry her?
You are right to have concerns over the stated "motivation" for proposed changes but you also must rely upon proven fail-safes that have seemed to work in the past to do so again.

Your multitude of representatives are also made up of a historical background of ones such as your family represents. It would be very unlikely they would all march lock-step in any re-aligning U.S. immigration policies that would serve to bring disgrace.

The people will speak when they've seen and heard enough to warrant resistance to actual applied bigotry.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:07 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Technically that is the way to go...on paper anyways.
But you wait until these young and highly educated immigrants take away the best paying jobs in the country. Then ask your question again!
That's what I asked --so now you( plural) will pay out the yang- yang to sends your kids to college-- and MR Smart from another country- will take his job -- oh well--so--- kids back to fields my dear--

2nd- I hear they want to stop the "family connection" with immigrants. So to be like many-americans( wont say who_) who send granny to an old age home to die quietly- (good riddance) or poor gramps who gets tired at 90--can't get out of his car with the groceries and dies in it- (true story) kids in OHIO

I used to visit old age homes and so many called me daughter- because they not seen their kids in FOREVER- they forgot who the kids were--- and so much abuse at some of them- why?? NOBODY is checking them-

Another republican PLOY to break up families-- what is up with ideology??

Old 08-06-2017, 10:08 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I wonder why most of those Asian countries don't get accused of being racist? Anytime the USA or any European country even mentions limiting immigration they get labeled as racist.
They don't want to bring up the Asian countries because the Asian countries prove that limited immigration is good for a country.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:09 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We have seen that the Muslim Refuges have not contributed to Society and refuse to speak English and leave their ways back in their country.

I have known SA Immigrants that have resided in this country for 20 years do not even attempt to blend in.

This is a good standard. Just maybe our cites will not be over priced and turn into ghettos.
what are you talking about?- - obtuse view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies