Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:56 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Sorry to inform you but jobs were growing faster last year than this year. In fact the last several years have been better for job grwoth than this year. That doesn't make this year a bad year, but it certainly doesn't make it an unprecedented achievement that only Trump could bring about.
It will get better once the effects of Trump's economic policies start kicking in.

3-4% gdp growth even for just a few years would be terrific given the current size of the U.S. economy (largest in the world). But even 2% would be stable economic growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 01:21 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, if you would be honest, you would have to agree with me. I know I'm right and you probably know I'm right as well.
Your answer proves you can't reply to my points. The economy is in good shape now because of what was done in the past. Not because of what Trump has done now. If you are going to take up bandwidth you might actually construct an argument.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:28 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,935 times
MAGA ... for Europe.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:28 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It will get better once the effects of Trump's economic policies start kicking in.

3-4% gdp growth even for just a few years would be terrific given the current size of the U.S. economy (largest in the world). But even 2% would be stable economic growth.
We will see, but I tend to doubt it.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:03 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Too bad this system won't allow but giving individuals one thumbs up per thread. As many have made many comments that speak to the real truths... and have no succumb to those people who try and push trump fiction, when the most prominent things trump has done is create confusions, conflicts, disruptions, disrespect, disregard and fiction to delude those whom he knows he can delude.

I say thank you to the "truth tellers" I've given thumbs up to many, but can't give it to each of their comments that speak of the truths that need to be said, and that are being said. "Thank You" Each......

He has damaged International Diplomacy in ways that is absurd, in how "his followers can't see the devastation he is generating".
Trump has no Plan... he an Aim, and that Aim is set on "one thing" and that it get "tax concession and reduction" because the man has demonstrated his whole life, that he "detest paying taxes" !!!!!
The second agenda is the pursuit of popularity and notoriety to feed his over blown sense of self. He further detest regulation, because his sense of self, thinks he should be able to "do anything he wants, "without" any oversight. He's demonstrated that by his continual assaults on our Courts, Justices, the FBI and the Intelligence Community, and any Organization of Committee that promotes principles and standards, he has taken a sledge hammer to the Ethic's until the head had to quit, so he can wage the defense of Ethic from Outside this Wrong Way Administration. The extent and depth of the foreign collusion is so intertwined, that it will expose much and many will be running for cover before its all over and there will be many trying to cut deals, to make their own lips flap in hopes to avoid the penalty of hard time. One thing the wealthy fear most ... is "Jail".... they fear Jail more than they fear sinning and even more than they fear the wrath of God.
"when the most prominent things trump has done is create confusions, conflicts, disruptions, disrespect, disregard and fiction to delude those whom he knows he can delude."

As they say , beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

In YOUR opinion Trump hasn't done ANYTHING.

Those of us who live in the REAL world see things differently.

Maybe YOU don't think these things matter burt WE do!

"PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP HAS DONE SINCE HE HAS BEEN IN OFFICE

1. Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch

2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria

3. He took us out of TPP

4. Illegal immigration is now down 70%( the lowest in 17 years)

5. Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index 125.6

6. Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a seven year high

7. Arranged from 7% to 24% Tariff on lumber from Canada

8. Bids for border wall are well underway

9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord

10. Keystone pipeline approved

11. NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%

12. Allowing VA to terminate bad employees

13. Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans

14. More than 600,000. Jobs created

15. Median household income at a 7 year high

16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever in its history

17. China agreed to American import of beef

18. $89 Billion saved in regulation rollbacks

19. Rollback of A Regulation to boost coal mining

20. MOAB for ISIS

21. Travel ban reinstated

22. Executive order for religious freedom

23. Jump started NASA

24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget

25. Targeting of MS13 gangs

26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants

27. Signed 41 bills to date

28. Created a commission on child trafficking

29. Created a commission on voter fraud

30. Created a commission for opioids addiction

31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients

32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007

33. Historic Black College University initiative

34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act

35. Created an office for illegal immigrant crime victims

36. Reversed Dodd-Frank

37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning

38. Order to stop crime against law enforcement

39. End of DAPA program

40. Stopped companies from moving out of America

41. Promoted businesses to create American Jobs

42. Encouraged country to once again - 'Buy American and hire American'

43. Cutting regulations - 2 for every one created

45. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they are America first

46. Apprentice program

47. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years

48. $78 Billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota

49. Denied FBI a new building

50. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation

51. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll

52. Dept of Treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017 (2nd largest in history)

53. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt

54. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years

55. Signed An Executive Order To Promote Energy Independence and Economic Growth

56. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people's lives than any President in the history of America

57.President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman

58. Has given head executive of each branches 6 month time frame, dated March 15, 2017, to trim the fat, restructure and improve efficiency of their branch. (Observe the push-back, the leaks, the lies as entrenched POWER refuses to go silently into that good night!)

59. Last, refused his Presidential pay check. Donated it to Veterans issues.

I hope each and every one of you copy and paste this every where, every time you hear some dimwit say Trump hadn't done a thing!

Ray Schneider, PhD
Associate Professor Emeritus
Bridgewater College"

Old 08-06-2017, 06:09 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
U.S. adds impressive 209,000 jobs in July as jobless rate matches 16-year low - MarketWatch

Liberals ready to concede Trump is the greatest President in decades? Perhaps ever?
Thanks, Obama.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:13 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,726 times
I always hear conservatives like Larry Kudlow stating how important a strong dollar is. Not a peep now that under Trump the dollar is falling against other currencies.

The currency market is much larger than the stock market and presidential polices have a greater impact there than the stock market. So if Trump claims success in one he should own the drop in the other also.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:58 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
the currency market is fine. The US is winning global economics.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:01 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the currency market is fine. The US is winning global economics.
Liberals are really sad that the stock market and job markets are flourishing....they are hourly trying to bring down the country.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:17 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Liberals are really sad that the stock market and job markets are flourishing....they are hourly trying to bring down the country.
I am not sad. Who are these liberals you speak of?

I have had a nice run up on my portfolio since 2009 and I do not plan on any overseas travel where the weaker dollar will hurt me.

I also am never 100% sure that a strong or weak dollar is better, I want a staple dollar against other currencies. It was always conservatives like Larry Kudlow who were pushing for policies that created a strong dollar. With the dollar down against the Euro he should express his concern
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies