Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 08:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
There is absolutely no way I want to navigate this albatross of regulations that are in place, when it comes to wanting to make myself self sufficient.

Know what we need, is Donald Trump's revolutionary tax plan, to DEregulate and ease the burden that is upon the American citizen and taxpayer. Let us do what we need to do, in the way we need to do it, and figure things out on our own.
Hint - we (in general) don't care whether you open a business or not.

Hint #2 - it is proven that portable health insurance (like the ACA) allows more people to feel free to open a business.

Hint #3 - most regulation that exist happened in the many decades prior to now. I was in business from 1977 to...well, to present, and I actually had fewer regs toward the end (was in a different biz).

Hint #4 - since the stock market almost tripled from its lows, someone in business did pretty well. 10's of trillions of dollars were made or recovered. I'm sorry that you are not getting your piece of the pie.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:40 AM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
[cliche]Thanks Obama![/cliche]

Old 08-04-2017, 08:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
There is absolutely no way I want to navigate this albatross of regulations that are in place, when it comes to wanting to make myself self sufficient.

Know what we need, is Donald Trump's revolutionary tax plan, to DEregulate and ease the burden that is upon the American citizen and taxpayer. Let us do what we need to do, in the way we need to do it, and figure things out on our own.
Cool story...

Old 08-04-2017, 08:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
this is great news.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:09 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:

Is anyone really buying this BS?

I only trust a Republican House and Senate and a Republican President to benefit big business. The usual table scraps will "trickle down" to the middle class. Criticisms of both the Congressional and Presidential plans are that each of them will increase the deficit. If both plans increase the deficit why does the rank and file middle class want anything to do with either plan. Why is the Republican party so ready to increase deficits when they regularly shut down the government over debt levels while Obama was President?

Federal deficits and the federal debt boil down to a simple level that all of us can understand. You buy a half million dollar house with a variable rate mortgage. Interest rates go back to 10% like they were in the eighties. Pretty soon it's 2008 again. The same thing can happen to the federal debt.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:29 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Lots of people were able to become self-employed after ACA passed because they were able to purchase insurance that covered pre-existing conditions and that didn't cancel your policy if you got big claims from getting sick.

Lots of small mom-and-pop business owners would have to close their businesses and find a job at a company that offers health insurance if Obamacare was repealed.

Obamacare allowed many people to realize their dream of becoming an entrepreneur.
Not exactly lots. Only 9 million people bought Obamacare. The majority of people preferred paying the penalty. Of those who bought it, their premiums have shot up astronomically and they will never meet their high deductible so essentially they pay cash for all medical expenses. Many counties have only one or no insurers and many doctors don't take that type of insurance. Heck, many doctors don't even take Medicare or Medicaid any more because of the paperwork and low reimbursement.

My friend's multi-generational family business employs a lot of older people who couldn't get jobs due to age discrimination. He only hires part timers so he doesn't have to provide insurance. Many are veterans or have Medicare so don't need insurance. His profit margins are very slim and he would have gone out of business otherwise.

The best solution would be community clinics like this one which is very successful and the idea is spreading. Insurance companies don't like it, of course.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:

You'll grqw old and die before any Trump tax plan is passed through Congress.

But that was nothing but a flimsy justification for a post about something you really aren't planning to do, isn't it?

I ran my own business for 17 years, and I know a ton of others who started theirs too. When a person wants to start, he starts. Devil take the hindmost. If you are confident in your ability, and have a strong sense there's enough room for you too, just go for it. That's what we all did.

Navigating the regulations has always been part and parcel of being one's own boss. If you need employees, you'll have to do the paperwork for them. You will have to pay taxes when they're due. That's the way it's always been. It's the way it will always be.

If you don't think you are up to all that, then don't do it. Work for someone else and let the idea go, because you are only thinking of failure now. Think like that and you will fail.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
If you're blaming Obama, you don't have the money to open up a business anyway. You're just using him as an excuse.

Just say that you don't have a clue about opening up and running a business.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:18 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump administration has eliminated hundreds of regulations.

You can be sure that if Trump's administration actually did eliminate any regulations, let alone hundreds of them, it would have been to free-up employers to exploit and short-change their workers.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump administration has eliminated hundreds of regulations that benefited employees.
These right wing types don't care about employees. They think that if we let their boss run amok, that it helps THEM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies