Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

And now he's off for a 17 day vacation at his own golf resort paid for by taxpayers into his pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 01:55 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
I laughed out loud when I saw the thread title. Didn't even need to open the thread to see how foolish it is.

Newsweek?

All 3 pages?

I didn't even know it still existed.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:00 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They forgot the lowest unemployment rate in 16 years, the lowest jobless claim numbers in 28 years, food stamp usage down 4% where it went up in every quarter under Obama, 4 trillion in added market value, pulled out of TPA and Paris Climate Accord, VA turnaround, Illegal Immigration plummeting, consumer confidence at a 16 year high, the US has become the largest exporter of energy on the planet.

Other than that, I guess the article might have some merit.
Newsweek isn't going to let facts get in the way of drumming up some business. These are the same crack journalists who actually printed up 125k 'Madam President' issues, with Hillary Clinton on the cover, prior to her loss, because they were so certain she'd win.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Ha ha... the biggest fake news story of the month... Trump has done so much it is unbelievable.. he has finally got the pipe line through.. vets can get care, ms13 kicked out, illegal immigration down. The wall started, small business owners have gotten relief from government intrusion. Just a few things.. the list is becoming endless.

Trump's positive message is bringing investors from all over the world. He has been working hard and still has time to touch down and have a rally to see the Americans who want to have a better America.. The left find it hard to swallow that Trump has many many supporters.. so many and they are not believing that fake news.. those that know the truth , know the left spreads lies and it will hurt the democratic party even more... many democrats have bailed already because of all the fake news and Russia Russia Russia..

Old 08-04-2017, 02:05 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I can already hear the howls and screams about fake news.....
That is because your better judgement which you don't use is telling you it is fake news.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:07 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
That cover is absolutely outrageous.

trump would never drink a Diet Coke.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Absolutely damning indictment of Trump's presidency to date.

I will give NewsWeek credit for trying to be fair and for throwing a few bones to Trumpers. but is is damming, and sadly all to real.

They did not embellish, they called out MSNBC as partisan etc. They gave strong quotes from supporters, but still absolutely damning. A lame duck at 6 months? I sure hope something happens, maybe Kelly with McMasters etc might be able to save this POTUS.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:20 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While it's a funny stab at Trump it really validates a lot of the media complaints made by the right.

As such it kinda backfires imo.

I think if they'd gone with a more serious tone and not photo-shopped in Cheetos and McDonalds etc. that it would be more powerful.

As such, assuming it's even a real cover, it's pretty juvenile and doesn't make me want to read it.
I agree...It will backfire, I think--Trump supporters will see echoes of 'Deplorable' in it and perceive it as a personal attack.

Attacking Trumps foibles and mannerisms will change nothing---attack him on his wishy-washy policies, his revolving door staff and his total lack of competence. Remind his base that Trump uses them--and so far..other than sound bites--he's not delivered.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:26 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ha ha... the biggest fake news story of the month... Trump has done so much it is unbelievable.. he has finally got the pipe line through.. vets can get care, ms13 kicked out, illegal immigration down. The wall started, small business owners have gotten relief from government intrusion. Just a few things.. the list is becoming endless.

Trump's positive message is bringing investors from all over the world. He has been working hard and still has time to touch down and have a rally to see the Americans who want to have a better America.. The left find it hard to swallow that Trump has many many supporters.. so many and they are not believing that fake news.. those that know the truth , know the left spreads lies and it will hurt the democratic party even more... many democrats have bailed already because of all the fake news and Russia Russia Russia..

What pipe line..if you mean Keystone..it's still stalled. As a vet..I get great care..and have for over 40 years. MS13 is not kicked out..they are alive and well in America..sad to say. I would post the usual links, but we're both aware that it would make no difference to you.

You say rally..I say tired campaign stop..BTW..why would any American NEED a rally?

Also, opinions are not news--and the facts quoted are all correct..like it...or not.

I'm not one of the 'left' and I can't stand Trump..many of us in the middle..and even on the Right..can't stand Trump.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And now he's off for a 17 day vacation at his own golf resort paid for by taxpayers into his pocket.

how many vacations did Obama and his family take at taxpayer's expense to Hawaii and other places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies