Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:05 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Yes ----- many serial killers started out with a lust to kill inocent animals. Jeffery Dahmer started out stangling cats.

What's truly bothersome is that even if they are telling the truth and found the dog dead, floating in the river, why show a picture of the dead dog with the hashtag on the bottom that says "sharkbait"

That dog was at some point someones dear friend and campanion.....who would want their deceased friend cut up and used for sharkbait....

A small fine wont deter punk-asses of this caliber.
All of it bothers me but the dog photo is especially haunting. These men have no conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It is hard to watch and the shark dragging video is only the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of other pictures and videos from these men that are just as bad, if not worse. The people who defend or try to justify such behavior make me ill.
And the reasons given for defending this... I can't grasp it. Projecting a violent hatred on a fish? An animal that has no concept of emotion at all,et alone such a vile one as hatred. I really can't understand what manner of gratification that an act like this might bring.

As I've related, I've had to hunt down and kill predators. But even the sight of a pen full of slaughtered sheep, calves torn to pieces, still didn't bring a hatred for the animal about. And this shark, well, it was drug behind a boat for what it might do. Sort of a salt water version of Minority Report if you will. Hating an animal just for being what nature made it to be makes no sense. Not even an animal that's turned blood drunk. At that point, it's just a job that needs doing. To project a murderous thrill killing emotion on something like a shark, one may as well hate a brick wall. Makes as much sense.

I suppose that age and experience with various predators and other wildlife that have become problems does effect my rationale on this, but I like to think that practicality and necessity rules over emotion. If the problem predator I had to hunt down had two legs instead of four I might let emotion creep in, being as bipreds commit acts that no ani.al is capable of, and with motives that no animal could have. Truly, no predator kills with more twisted motives than humans. And yet humans can somehow justify needlessly killing an animal. In the case os a couple posters here, anhiliating entire species.

Talk about misplaced emotions. To put it mildly.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
People who torture animals often graduate to hurting or killing people.
What you posted was well meaning. It shouldn't be used to justify a harsh penalty or jail time because someone may do something in the future based on a crime they committed.

Social media takes care of people like this.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:28 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What you posted was well meaning. It shouldn't be used to justify a harsh penalty or jail time because someone may do something in the future based on a crime they committed.

Social media takes care of people like this.
No, what they already did was plenty of justification for that. I said what I did in response to your lovely comment implying that to punish these jerks would take money away from programs like protecting people from domestic violence, when they are exactly the sort likely to commit such acts. Cruelty should always be harshly punished, and there is a very good reason for that.

You suggested a $100 fine, which is an absurdly mild punishment. They would probably consider that a reasonable day's cost for so much "fun." Whatever their penalty is, it needs to be harsh enough that they even think of doing something like that again.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 08-10-2017 at 04:36 AM..

Old 08-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Animal cruelty is usually linked to psychopathy and many extremely dangerous people such as serial killers start at this sick level of depravity.

As far as I am concerned anyone convicted of animal cruelty should be on a database.

Why I'm Campaiging for the Government to Introduce an Animal Abuse Register in the UK | HuffPost UK

Last Chance for Animals - FBI Tracks Animal Cruelty

Furthermore psychological evaluation on conviction should also be considered.

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-10-2017 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Hoping for charges and a conviction.

Just to name a few of the perpetrators and their connected parents, Wenzel's Dad is the Planning Manager for Manatee County and Bo Benac's mom is Chairman County Commissioner for Manatee County. Alex Kompothecras' Dad is known in the area as 1-800-Ask Gary. He lives in a 30,000 square foot mansion and he is said to be close friends with the governor and one of the state's biggest political donors.

Possibly this is the reason why these guys and their friends have been getting away with abuse of animals for so long even with ample photographic and video evidence that they themselves have promoted on social media.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
No, what they already did was plenty of justification for that. I said what I did in response to your lovely comment implying that to punish these jerks would take money away from programs like protecting people from domestic violence, when they are exactly the sort likely to commit such acts. Cruelty should always be harshly punished, and there is a very good reason for that.
Good to know you'd rather see the government allocate our money on this instead of pursuing rapists and pedophiles.

Quote:
You suggested a $100 fine, which is an absurdly mild punishment. They would probably consider that a reasonable day's cost for so much "fun." Whatever their penalty is, it needs to be harsh enough that they even think of doing something like that again.
It rarely happens that people think "well if we get caught it's a big fine".

Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
see nothing wrong with the stickers, and if you are a floridian, you wouldn't care either. The shark may have not suffered, it is the deploable acts of these guys. Just cause may live here does not make them natives. However, crazies are everywhere
Florida man is always lurking!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
#sharklivesmatter
Fins up! Don't drag!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good to know you'd rather see the government allocate our money on this instead of pursuing rapists and pedophiles.

It rarely happens that people think "well if we get caught it's a big fine".
Why are you defending these people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies