Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You'll never convince the 25% of his hard core followers that Trump can't walk on water. Here on this forum he can do no wrong with some. We have never had such a narcissist as President before. He is like a child who can never take blame for anything. He lies all the time also. Hope the public has learned a lesson about bringing a business man into politics especially one who doesn't read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 11:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Steven Hayes, the author, has long been a critic of Trump. You either didn't know that (probable) or you are ignoring it in hopes of pushing your own point of view.
Well, you and others do much the same.

One major point the Hayes is making is this:

The Associated Press reported last week that two of Trump’s top advisers, Secretary of Defense James Mattis and then-Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, have long understood the risks of the Trump presidency. “Mattis and Kelly also agreed in the earliest weeks of Trump’s presidency that one of them should remain in the United States at all times to keep tabs on the orders rapidly emerging from the White House, according to a person familiar with the discussions.”

This is a profound commentary on the man who serves as de facto leader of the free world. Kelly is now Trump’s chief of staff, which has some weary Republicans once again hoping for change. But Trump is still president. So the Mattis-Kelly plan strikes us as a good model for all Republicans. Play defense.

I don't think "Failed Leader" can be far from the facts of the situation. It is apparent that his leadership is so much in question that even his closest allies are fearful of his instability. People close to him are seeing the truth. Trump is his own worst enemy and things will get worse before they get better. They are walking a tightrope. At this point it looks like constant monitoring and intervention is the plan but things could go horribly wrong very fast.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:42 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
You are correct I believe there are 25-35% that support him that they will never admit to him having failed or done anything wrong no matter how in their face it happens to be. That's the cult that dictators have that they feed their supporters that he and only he is fighting for them and that the rest of the nation and world is against them. I have seen this movie before, I just find it surprising that many that told me it couldn't happen here because we are not a dictatorship or a banana republic have fallen hook and sinker with the Kool Aid Brigade and they can't see it.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:48 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I remember when he was using his scare tactics against illegals and refugees. ONLY I CAN KEEP YOU SAFE.

and some of them swallow that hook, line, and sinker.

If people keep blindly believing his lies, it could lead to dictatorship. As if HE'S their savoir, the ONLY one who can save them.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:51 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Not vetting his appointees for ethics is draining the swamp? Are you familiar with the name Michael Flynn?
The Obama Administration and Susan Rice has illegally unmasked Americans for Political Gaine. He was actually vetted and was forced to resign.

Susan Rice becomes the target of conservative attacks over Flynn ...

Susan Rice becomes the target of conservative attacks over Flynn unmasking - POLITICO
  1. Cached

Apr 4, 2017 - Noting the many threats facing America, Rice said: “Gen. ... Flynn's name was reportedly among those unmasked, and later leaked to the media ...

Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
You'll never convince the 25% of his hard core followers that Trump can't walk on water. Here on this forum he can do no wrong with some. We have never had such a narcissist as President before. He is like a child who can never take blame for anything. He lies all the time also. Hope the public has learned a lesson about bringing a business man into politics especially one who doesn't read.
I guess we should not elect a gay man either because a gay President presided over the dismantling of our nation.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:19 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
I did not have high hopes for a Trump presidency, and 45 has done little to change my initial impression of him since the inauguration. I think the best option is simply to grin and bear it until he can be voted out of office and replaced with someone of either party who is competent to hold office.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Fail. Steven Hayes does not speak for The Weekly Standard (It's a weekly magazine, BTW, not a "website")

They did not "throw in the towel" and you don't know what you are talking about. Here is what they said two days after he won:
“We don’t regret having fully aired all of our many differences. Our concerns about his character and some of his policies don’t disappear because he won an election.

Steven Hayes, the author, has long been a critic of Trump. You either didn't know that (probable) or you are ignoring it in hopes of pushing your own point of view.
Yet another thread fail by an uninformed, ignorant leftie. Good post, Listener.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:28 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
You are correct I believe there are 25-35% that support him that they will never admit to him having failed or done anything wrong no matter how in their face it happens to be. That's the cult that dictators have that they feed their supporters that he and only he is fighting for them and that the rest of the nation and world is against them. I have seen this movie before, I just find it surprising that many that told me it couldn't happen here because we are not a dictatorship or a banana republic have fallen hook and sinker with the Kool Aid Brigade and they can't see it.
I agree with your post.

I never thought it could happen here. I thought that somehow the American character was made of better stuff,at least since WW II, but I was wrong.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:31 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Where does that last sentence come from? A Facebook friend who is a former classmate and was a college administrator said the same thing. I normally respect what she says but that is a really strange thing for anybody to say. My thought was that she has dealt with too many college students and has finally lost it. I don't know you so I have no way of knowing what your problem is but your post is a bunch of hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies