Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,447,766 times

Advertisements

... yep, Trump could act as loud and angry as he wanted and that was seen by his supporters as a great quality of a leader. It would have been a huge negative for Obama who would have been label "the angry black man" which would have turned off many white voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 05:00 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,883,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It would have been a huge negative for Obama who would have been label "the angry black man" which would have turned off many white voters.
You really need to get off the race card, it's not working anymore. The area I live in was critical for Trump's win here in PA. They overwhelmingly voted for Obama in '08 and '12. That got completely flipped this last election.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,803,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How many has he put back to work so far? I haven't been keeping score.

The U.S. added 400 coal mining jobs during May, according to Friday's payroll report.

The U.S. now has about 51,000 coal mining jobs, a far cry from the 89,400 positions counted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics at the end of 2011.

Stephen Moore, an economic adviser to Trump during the campaign and now a CNN contributor, has repeatedly claimed that more than 43,000 mining jobs have been added since Trump's November 8 election.

Government statistics say otherwise. Just 1,700 coal mining jobs have been created since the end of October, according to the latest BLS stats.

Still, Trump is cheering signs of improvement on the coal front. In his Paris speech, Trump hailed the opening of a brand-new mine, correctly noting that's a rare occurrence these days.

He was likely referring to the June 8 opening of the Acosta Coal Mine in western Pennsylvania. The facility will produce the type of coal used for steelmaking and it's expected to create 70 to 100 full-time jobs. WOW

400 coal mining jobs created in May - Jun. 2, 2017

Old 08-06-2017, 05:22 PM

809 posts, read 742,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I voted for Obama in '08. I didn't vote for him in '12 when I saw what a horrible job he did as President.

Why? Real issues like jobs, outsourcing, wars of choice, etc.

You should focus on this instead responding with ad hominem nonsense.
So the carnival barker came to town. You bought his snake oil, and low and behold, so many others bought into the sociopath that he was elected. Really does seem to be the highlight of your life.

Job's - what Carrier? Outsourcing? You should view the documentary "trump, what's the deal". Wars of choice? The good news is that trump is so disinterested and senile that he isn't able to deal with the concept of war.

Ahh, but he won, you won, waldo wins the day.

Last edited by upgrader; 08-06-2017 at 06:16 PM..

Old 08-06-2017, 05:23 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,221,777 times
Some answers; sarcasm till the lies than the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
And what if Obama had had multiple children by multiple wives? Other than Michelle and Nancy Pelosi who would have him?

And what if he was constantly grabbing at other women? Or men?

And what if he was known for cheating people in business? That would be hard since he knows nothing about running a business.

And what if he were known for constantly lying? Well,
"If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan.â€

“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor.â€

“We’re going to lower your premiums by up to $2500 per family per year.â€

“No family making less than $250,000 a year will see their taxes increase.â€

“I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits, now or in the future.â€

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman."

"The Keystone pipeline is for oil that bypasses the United Statesâ€

“We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilitiesâ€

And I could go on-and-on but you get point is given.

All that stuff...

Old 08-06-2017, 05:36 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How many has he put back to work so far? I haven't been keeping score.
Even Donald Trump can keep up with counting to 0. As for the video, I saw it this morning and was going to post the exact thread. You beat me to it, OP. Great minds. . .Bill Maher cracks me up every time.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:44 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,233,866 times
Excellent. And Hillary LOST because of the foolish thing that she said (as well as because of her ideology).

Hillary once also said, "We're going to take some things away from you." Let that sink in! What if Donald Trump had said that? He didn't. He said (basically) "I'm going to give some things back to you." Like, jobs, a decent family income, the possibility of home ownership. Trump's message? "We're going to restore the American Dream." Hillary's message? "Forget that dream about an America that doesn't exist anymore." (That's because she helped to destroy it, along with Obama)

Old 08-06-2017, 05:47 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,233,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If Obama had said/done any of this, Trump supporters would tear him apart.

But Trump says he likes to grab women by the *****...and has sexual relationships with women outside his marriage...but the people of "conservative family values" just look the other way. Hypocrites.
Oh, please! I wonder what kind of crude talk you have participated in in your life when you were together with the "boys?" I'll bet you wouldn't have wanted it recorded. If your going to tell me you've never engaged in such "locker room braggadocio," I call you a liar.

In fact, in response, one of my female FB friends said, "I've heard worse ...from women!"

Trump NEVER said he had sexual relationships with women outside his marriage. And yet, when Bill Clinton was President, your (the Left's) attitude was, "So what?" "It's just sex!"

Old 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Excellent. And Hillary LOST because of the foolish thing that she said (as well as because of her ideology).

Hillary once also said, "We're going to take some things away from you." Let that sink in! What if Donald Trump had said that? He didn't. He said (basically) "I'm going to give some things back to you." Like, jobs, a decent family income, the possibility of home ownership. Trump's message? "We're going to restore the American Dream." Hillary's message? "Forget that dream about an America that doesn't exist anymore." (That's because she helped to destroy it, along with Obama)
I think Trump's REAL message to us involves making an obscene digit gesture while he goes to play golf again for another 17 days. Actions really do speak louder than words. Or inaction, as the case may be.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:32 PM

37,028 posts, read 18,956,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's far to early to make any assumptions about what Trump's policies are going to do for the American worker. What I can tell you is coal production is up, oil production is up, illegal immigration is down and ICE is aggressively deporting those that are here.

I would expect the illegal immigration trend to continue and that is the only thing that can be attributed to Trump's policies. We will just have to wait and see, these things do not happen overnight.
The question was "How many jobs has Trump created in the coal industry?", not how much coal is being dug or anything about any immigrants legal or illegal.

I don't care what he's going to do, I want to know what he has done and what he is doing right now. He may not be in there long enough to initiate any new policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies