Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 03:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Yawn. We did twice as much work as those bums.
When you say we who are you referring to?

Old 08-07-2017, 04:07 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
When you say we who are you referring to?
He's just talking out of his @ss, just a washed up has been.

We're probably paying for his social security as we speak.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:11 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,857 times
Quote:
You don't get to make a call like that, I've forgotten more about work and success than you've ever even learned.
Forgotten? You've never had any.

Quit blaming millenials and Obama, and whoever else you think of next for your own failures.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:15 PM

817 posts, read 752,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Forgotten? You've never had any.

Quit blaming millenials and Obama, and whoever else you think of next for your own failures.
Failure? Did I fail? Husband, father, homeowner, career, retirement, all check. I'm pretty awesome, actually. It's liberals that hold people back, with all their oppression and regulation.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:21 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
He's just talking out of his @ss, just a washed up has been.

We're probably paying for his social security as we speak.
I'm pretty sure that 69Charger/Misanthrope83 is a xennial and just needs to put millennials down using tires and clichéd stereotypes to assuage his insecurities.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
How is the opinion of one obscure blogger profound enough to make such a ridiculous generalization?

I know plenty of fully employed hard working millennials who are doing just fine.

I am also counting on them to be so terrified of this incompetent fool in the White House, that they will be out in droves to vote and get rid of the lazy bum.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:36 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
I'm kind of scared for the future
Do you need a hug? Safe space? Coloring book?

Quote:
You don't get to make a call like that, I've forgotten more about work and success than you've ever even learned.
Anyone who's forgotten that much is the last resource anyone should look to for sage advice.

Quote:
Yawn. We did twice as much work as those bums.
Work smarter, not harder. In case you forgot that lesson as well.

Quote:
Failure? Did I fail? Husband, father, homeowner, career, retirement, all check. I'm pretty awesome, actually. It's liberals that hold people back, with all their oppression and regulation.
Breaking news: Old man yells at clouds.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

On My Mind: The millennials and a new work ethic | Marklives.com

You literally just define Donald Trump.

Social media is about all he does in between his golf trips. Guy is obsessed with it.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:09 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,857 times
Quote:
Sure buddy, keep blaming a previous President, millenials, or people on food stamps, or whatever. It's all excuses.

Instead of looking to all the entrepreneurs that are making it in today's world and feeling inspired by what they do and taking action yourself to achieve your dreams, you blame a previous President for your own lack of gumption to get out there and take what's yours.

The fact that you would blame a prior President or a political group for your lack of courage just completely discredits any criticism you would have of these supposed lazy millenials or people who live off food stamps, or whatever new group you choose to blame your own problems on in these endless threads you keep creating.

You see, the rest of us, we make it no matter what, no matter who's in charge. We don't make excuses.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:36 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

On My Mind: The millennials and a new work ethic | Marklives.com

Your link is to a blog in South Africa. Maybe they have reason to be concerned over there. I wouldn't know.

Here in the US, the millennials are doing the best they can especially since they have had to overcome the Great Recession and its fall-out plus ever rising college tuitions and the enormous debt they must carry to pay off student loans.

I am tired of seeing all this undeserved bashing of America's young people. Their generation is just like any other generation of Americans - they have their strengths and their weaknesses, but their strength far outweighs any weakness they may have as a group. Millennials are America's future. We should be looking at ways to help them out. This on-going bashing on the part of people who are jealous because they are no longer young, but still as quick to judge as always is pathetic. I'm not one bit scared of the future because of our young folk.

The kids are OK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies