Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want President Trump to be a success or a failure?
Success 71 73.96%
Failure 24 25.00%
Not sure 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:50 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

No real American wants a president to fail. Clearly the Birthers and Alt-Right Trump supporters wanted Obama to fail. He didn't so now there is a frantic effort on their part to undo the last eight years. Trump is a failure up to this point but he has only himself to blame. He cannot or will not take the job seriously. He thinks he can rule by decree and by bullying the opposition. He's a pathological liar...among other things. His early departure is a real possibility.

He could save his presidency by supporting and improving the ACA as a bi-partisan effort and by focusing on infrastructure. He could surprise us all and open a real dialogue with North Korea as Nixon did with China. He doesn't have an attention span long enough to do much else. He would have to walk away from his base and throw his wealthy pals under the bus. Since none of that is likely to happen, he is a lost cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 02:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
He is a failure already.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Broadly speaking, everyone would like to see the President succeed in making us safer, more prosperous, and ensuring our freedoms.

But beyon that, this is a totally dimwitted question since it depends first on agreement on what the methods of "success" look like. We can't agree there, so therefore we can't answer the question. If I think your definition of success is actually failure for the nation, then no...I don't want the President to succeed.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I never voted for Trump but respected the will of the people and accepted him as my president. It never made sense to me to hope for a president to fail because if he fails we fail as a nation. My only expectation of him was to act like a president and he has failed at this simple request. I keep waiting for him to come to the conclusion that he is the leader of the free world to act in a dignified manner. Sadly I have given up hope on him ever becoming presidential.
We had hope for President Obama but sadly he was the worst President who caused the country to be divided and the Democrats loved it. Thank him for what's going on in the country today!

President Trump is to me a hero for wiping political correctness to the curb and finally showing the Democrats and some Republicans, true colors!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:51 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Go Trump!

Old 08-08-2017, 06:02 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride

Old 08-08-2017, 06:13 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I believe that he aims to destroy American institutions that I hold dear, so clearly I hope he fails. I wish nothing but the best for the American people.
I'm wondering.

Which institutions is he destroying?

Pontiac, Saturn, Hostess twinkies(made in the USA), just to name a few all went away under the communist 0bama.

Fortunatley we still have baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet, but the NFL, highschool sports, and the 2nd amendment are under assault, all started during the communist 0bama's tenure, to mention a couple more.

Just what exactly is Trump doing to destroy any "institutions". Or perhaps you have a very different sense of what an "institution" is?

CN

Old 08-08-2017, 06:28 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I'm wondering.

Which institutions is he destroying?

Pontiac, Saturn, Hostess twinkies(made in the USA), just to name a few all went away under the communist 0bama.

Fortunatley we still have baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet, but the NFL, highschool sports, and the 2nd amendment are under assault, all started during the communist 0bama's tenure, to mention a couple more.

Just what exactly is Trump doing to destroy any "institutions". Or perhaps you have a very different sense of what an "institution" is?

CN
Don't use a word when you don't know the meaning of it. At least, I assume you don't because Obama is not a communist. A communist is a person who advocates class war leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs. The second amendment is not threatened either.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:13 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,667,441 times
[quote=SHABAZZ310;49113816]Well, I'll admit it. I hope he fails. I just don't have any support whatsoever for anyone with a white supremacist base...[/QUOTE

Please show where his base white supremacist and what would be wrong with that? There are many groups that band together, such as the NAACP!

Old 08-08-2017, 10:48 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
would I like to see a humbling and turn around SURE be great for OUR country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies