Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want President Trump to be a success or a failure?
Success 71 73.96%
Failure 24 25.00%
Not sure 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:00 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
His type will be tired of losing by 2024.
Not if they listen to guys like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZw57YHXaxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJB-qkfUHc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 09:02 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I define him succeeding as making America a better place for everyone.

I would love to see that happen. That is the best outcome - not Trump getting impeached or whatever.

Ego is meaningless in the face of real world context.
Ego is everything because that means you put yourself before anyone else. His ego is getting in the way of what is best for our country. Within his 6 months in office he has only been appealing to his base who stroke his ego. He has no intention of trying to bring our country together which a president needs to do. He just goes on a Twitter rampage against anyone who dares to defy him. Everything negative against him in the news is fake news Honestly, I just think he is a joke and a bully who can't get anything done. Little by little, republicans in congress are finally standing up to him. And FYI, when someone protests so much like Trump is doing with the Russia investigation, that means something is there. Otherwise, he wouldn't care.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
He will be remembered as one of the greatest Presidents!

Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
I was hoping for more than this, I'm sure even those that voted for him expected more. So far it's one of the worst experiments in politics we have seen.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:11 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...according to you, everybody who supports Trump is a "white supremacist"? If you think that, then you are way off base. SMH

I do want Trump to be a success! He is off to a good start!
Yes, and I know he will continue to support hard working Americans who voted for him. We really need to turn the country around and get back on the proper track.

If his supporters are supposed to be white supremacists, what do some call Clinton/obama supporters?!

Old 08-07-2017, 09:13 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
God bless President Trump. We should all hope he is successful for the greater benefit of the USA.
Will God's blessing straighten up Trump's behavior? Doubtful. Do I want Trump to succeed? Yes. Because I care about America, and I want us to remain a great country rather than become a giant black crater in the earth.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:13 PM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
I never voted for Trump but respected the will of the people and accepted him as my president. It never made sense to me to hope for a president to fail because if he fails we fail as a nation. My only expectation of him was to act like a president and he has failed at this simple request. I keep waiting for him to come to the conclusion that he is the leader of the free world to act in a dignified manner. Sadly I have given up hope on him ever becoming presidential.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM

858 posts, read 707,680 times
Success and failure is subjective. It depends on what everyone finds most important. If business is booming but it's at the expense of the poor, the environment, civil rights, and people's health then different people are going to have very different perspectives on it. Some people look at dollars and cents whereas others will look at quality of life

Old 08-07-2017, 09:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...according to you, everybody who supports Trump is a "white supremacist"? If you think that, then you are way off base. SMH

I do want Trump to be a success! He is off to a good start!
Dude, can you read sentences and comprehend what's being typed? If I meant to say everybody that voted for Trump is a white supremacist I would have typed it. I don't play word games.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:15 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Benedict Donald must be stopped before Washington gets renamed to Putingrad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies