U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:52 PM

8,583 posts, read 4,806,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Women think about sex?

I thought it was "How to clean an oven" 24/7/365?

That's old school thinking. These days they need to think about which purse to order from Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,147 posts, read 6,514,317 times
there is no doubt that traditional male charechteristics and traits are portrayed as at best in need of fixing and at worst as outright negative

1,282 posts, read 240,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Women think about sex?

I thought it was "How to clean an oven" 24/7/365?

All these years I must be doing it wrong then because I never think about cleaning an oven.

Edit - And I just finished putting the flooring in my tack room out at the barn while hubby was at work. Dang it I need to go order a purse now.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:09 PM

4,357 posts, read 1,903,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Because I am a woman and look at guys...? Those rompers are the epitome of feminization of men.
It may be because I live in the rural South, but I haven't seen a single guy wearing a romper. I have seen hundreds of conservatives outraged that men's rompers exist however.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:15 PM

10,805 posts, read 8,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Because I am a woman and look at guys...? Those rompers are the epitome of feminization of men.
There is plenty of other eye candy for you. These guys look like they are having a rocking good time.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:16 PM

966 posts, read 280,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
there is no doubt that traditional male charechteristics and traits are portrayed as at best in need of fixing and at worst as outright negative
Yes, that is what I mean. So men can't be proud of what they are. And boys are expected to sit still like little girls, or else get drugged.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:20 PM

966 posts, read 280,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Bottom line, this post is a slur against men. Most men are not violent by nature. They may be very competitive and sure, they loves sports like football, etc., but many women love watching competitive sports, as well. My Dad served in the military for 30 years - he was career US Army and fought in WWII, Korea, and did two tours in Vietnam. Yet he was far from a violent man. He took me to church every Sunday, never used bad language around me and my Mom and admonished me that any man who tried to lay a finger on me in anger was "not a man." Lest that's too old school for you, let's fast forward to my roommate. You won't find a more "manly" man anywhere. He's a big 6"5" guy who also served in the military - artillery battalion. However, he is not violent either. I do not allow violent men into my life.

Why the right is now embracing individual violence is beyond me, but it's more than a little spooky. At the same time, you will find posts here by Cult 45 members complaining that the left is too violent. So which is it, boys and girls? You are no more consistent than your delusional leader, and you blame everything that you don't like on liberals. Sorry, but your woe-be-gone little life is not my fault.

Apparently you are upset because this country has not engaged in an all out nuclear attack on N. Korea or some other country that you don't care for at the moment. Do you have even the faintest idea of what a nuclear war with another country (even one as small as Korea) would entail? Are you womanly enough to deal with widespread radiation sickness that could engulf you, your family, and your friends along with millions if not billions of others? You don't have a clue.

So, someone yelled at you for stomping on a bug. Get over it. It's hardly the big political issue you make it out to be.

I like men. Some of my best friends are men. If hunting and fishing and playing sports make them happy, I'm all for it. In the unlikely event that one of them decides to become violent in my presence, I have a shotgun and I abide by my Daddy's words.

(sheesh) The stupidity one encounters on the Internet!
I was very careful to explain and qualify what I meant. I said it is NOT ALL, but MOST. Men are more interested in rough sports and violent movies and games than women are. NOT ALL. SOME women like those things, but most do not.

I don't especially like violent moves or games, and I don't know any other females who like them. My male friend loves violent moves, and he owns guns and is interested in weapons. And he is not unusual at all. And he IS NOT A VIOLENT PERSON. He would never do anything violent.

If people would read more carefully these conversations would be a lot simpler.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:24 PM

8,874 posts, read 4,827,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I am female, so this is not meant as a criticism of women. We females have our nature, which is necessary for any society. But men also have their nature, which is also necessary.

Now, of course, women have some male traits and men have some female traits. But overall, there are general tendencies. Women are less interested in competition and more interested in cooperation. Women are more interested in love, and less interested in violence.

Of course you will find exceptions all over the place. Please just look at general tendencies. Women are MUCH less interested in violence than men are, or in violent sports.

Our society has been increasingly feminized mostly by liberal/progressive ideology.
I'm very competitive and very feminine. I'm all for cooperation, but not capitulation. That being said, I find the young men (under 30) on TV today about as sexy as my sister. Most look and act gay. It does seem young men are becoming more feminized on TV, but not noticeably in real life.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:25 PM

1,282 posts, read 240,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It may be because I live in the rural South, but I haven't seen a single guy wearing a romper. I have seen hundreds of conservatives outraged that men's rompers exist however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There is plenty of other eye candy for you. These guys look like they are having a rocking good time.
I am not outraged. They are frigging hilarious but whatever floats your boat. Not my thing and neither of you can take a joke it seems.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 PM

26,165 posts, read 6,977,272 times
The [w]ussification of the American male has been going on for some time. I don't believe, though, that most women are panting after "pajama boys."

As an example, it was a very pleasant 73 here today, and I couldn't believe the number of young men cooped up like old ladies in their air-conditioned cars. This is a common site around here. C'mon, guys. Roll down the windows! Let the wind move your hair! *Sigh*

These kids wouldn't know how to act in a [gasp!] convertible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies