U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 PM

922 posts, read 250,858 times

Advertisements

In the natural world, animals kill and eat other animals and plants. Animals fight each other over territory and mates.

This is a violent world. But we have become insulated from it. We buy food at the supermarket, and don't have to think about how it was killed. Most of us don't ever fight to defend ourselves, because the military and police do it for us.

One of the BIG divisions between Left and Right these days is how each perceives these realities. The Left does NOT value toughness. The Left ALWAYS prefers the underdog and the victim. The Left does NOT value competition.

The Right is the opposite.

Maybe one reason I squashed the bug is I knew the guy is a Liberal, and maybe subconsciously I wanted to see his reaction. It was just as expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The [w]ussification of the American male has been going on for some time. I don't believe, though, that most women are panting after "pajama boys."

As an example, it was a very pleasant 73 here today, and I couldn't believe the number of young men cooped up like old ladies in their air-conditioned cars. This is a common site around here. C'mon, guys. Roll down the windows! Let the wind move your hair! *Sigh*

These kids wouldn't know how to act in a [gasp!] convertible.
Good example. Americans are addicted to constant comfort, perfect temperatures, fast or instant food.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:34 PM

11,641 posts, read 6,426,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Good example. Americans are addicted to constant comfort, perfect temperatures, fast or instant food.
Addicted?

Old 08-08-2017, 04:37 PM

57,914 posts, read 22,259,650 times
Quote:
The [w]ussification of the American male has been going on for some time. I don't believe, though, that most women are panting after "pajama boys."

As an example, it was a very pleasant 73 here today, and I couldn't believe the number of young men cooped up like old ladies in their air-conditioned cars. This is a common site around here. C'mon, guys. Roll down the windows! Let the wind move your hair! *Sigh*

Cars have had A/C for decades.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Addicted?
Yes, it is addiction. People lose tolerance for slight deviations from perfect comfort.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:41 PM

11,641 posts, read 6,426,642 times
Quote:

I'm a woman, but no thank you, not in a car. I'd rather ride a bike on a bike path far from any car traffic to feel the wind in my hair. I hate cleaning road dust/grime out of my car, and I hate breathing exhaust fumes. Driving around with your windows open is an invitation to both. And it kills fuel efficiency. So I'm with the young men. Windows rolled up!

Old 08-08-2017, 04:58 PM

3,895 posts, read 2,002,277 times
It's not the left. It's physical inactivity and too much estrogen in our food. Estrogen is a female hormone used to fatten up livestock and poultry rapidly, as well as being present in chemical plant fertilizers. We're eating it.

How is killing bugs for no reason masculine? I can think of more appropriate adjectives.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM

11,678 posts, read 10,381,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Did he have this printed on his t-shirt? He just came up and offered his belief to you?

Why do people feel compelled to just make crap up and come here and post it?
Because it feels good, apparently...

I suggest a new motto here; "Squish a bug, prove that you are a true Republican"))))

Old 08-08-2017, 05:20 PM

20,932 posts, read 11,585,116 times
Quote:
I was very careful to explain and qualify what I meant. I said it is NOT ALL, but MOST. Men are more interested in rough sports and violent movies and games than women are. NOT ALL. SOME women like those things, but most do not.

I don't especially like violent moves or games, and I don't know any other females who like them. My male friend loves violent moves, and he owns guns and is interested in weapons. And he is not unusual at all. And he IS NOT A VIOLENT PERSON. He would never do anything violent.

If people would read more carefully these conversations would be a lot simpler.
If people would stop generalizing and stop trying to label the entire country based on their limited personal experience - everything would be a lot simpler.

Quote:
In the natural world, animals kill and eat other animals and plants. Animals fight each other over territory and mates.

This is a violent world. But we have become insulated from it. We buy food at the supermarket, and don't have to think about how it was killed. Most of us don't ever fight to defend ourselves, because the military and police do it for us.

One of the BIG divisions between Left and Right these days is how each perceives these realities. The Left does NOT value toughness. The Left ALWAYS prefers the underdog and the victim. The Left does NOT value competition.

The Right is the opposite.

Maybe one reason I squashed the bug is I knew the guy is a Liberal, and maybe subconsciously I wanted to see his reaction. It was just as expected.
LOL. You killed a bug and think you have made some great political prediction.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:27 PM

10,535 posts, read 7,912,595 times
Quote:
Without human's evolutionary ascendancy primarily due to cooperation and collaboration with tooling (and believe it or not the domestication of dogs), we'd be long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies