U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 49 15.12%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 275 84.88%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:29 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
25,748 posts, read 30,102,616 times
Reputation: 29996

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
North Korea will not strike first. Their nukes are for deterrence.
You actually trust the little dictator? The best defense is an offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Austin
8,522 posts, read 4,659,311 times
Reputation: 9346
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
North Korea will not strike first. Their nukes are for deterrence.
Kim wouldn't strike the USA. He'd hit South Korea first and then NK would be completely flattened by retaliatory US strikes within minutes. Awful scenario. Over in minutes, but potentially hundreds of thousands killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
20,460 posts, read 53,097,433 times
Reputation: 19229
They cannot have more than 16 nuclear/missile development sites. We have more than 16 MOABs. All we need is China's permission. Then NK will not longer be a problem or a threat in anyone's lifetime. They have no money to rebuild an entire program. The focus can go back to how do we keep their people from starving or being killed by their own government for watching a movie?

Yes a lot of people will die from the MOABs. A lot more will die if we do not resolve this problem (many of them killed by their own government). Putting it off until later which has been our policy for at least the last ten years, is not a solution.

It has puzzled me that we have not eliminated the entire NK government long ago. Surely our CIA has the ability to make that happen in a matter of minutes. Give their people a chance to pick some other leader, or maybe at least get a better dictator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Arizona
11,898 posts, read 6,225,770 times
Reputation: 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
This is not going to end well.
No it's not. I'd be willing to bet that Trump gets 2-3 million S. Koreans killed before this is all over. What the hell does he care. They're Koreans and he will be proven the strong man to the rest of the world.
Trump needs this war to stay in power. It's the only diversion that will take everyone off the Russian Investigation.
First thing on his list when the whip comes down, Martial Law.
That's why he's surrounded by generals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
27,114 posts, read 14,708,349 times
Reputation: 10802
We can't afford another war. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
 
2,281 posts, read 412,759 times
Reputation: 1073
They ain't gonna do s**t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM
 
11,890 posts, read 6,512,558 times
Reputation: 16404
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
All we have to do is nuke them. Now.
That is a terrible plan with horrific consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
25,362 posts, read 33,875,007 times
Reputation: 15002
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Kim wouldn't strike the USA. He'd hit South Korea first and then NK would be completely flattened by US strikes within minutes. Awful scenario.
Of course! Our interests would surely be impacted, but there would be no casualties in the United States. I suppose that is part of the calculus as it may not be the case 2, 5, 10 years from now when Kim might be able to get off a few nukes toward the US before he is incinerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
10,507 posts, read 7,344,312 times
Reputation: 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
All we have to do is nuke them. Now.
You cannot launch a nuclear attack on NK without it directly affecting Beijing, Russia, South Korea, and Japan, and depending on the size of the attack, having the fallout land on the U.S.

That is the absolute last thing anyone in their right mind would suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2017, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Pixley
2,280 posts, read 1,527,272 times
Reputation: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They cannot have more than 16 nuclear/missile development sites. We have more than 16 MOABs. All we need is China's permission. Then NK will not longer be a problem or a threat in anyone's lifetime. They have no money to rebuild an entire program. The focus can go back to how do we keep their people from starving or being killed by their own government for watching a movie?

Yes a lot of people will die from the MOABs. A lot more will die if we do not resolve this problem (many of them killed by their own government). Putting it off until later which has been our policy for at least the last ten years, is not a solution.

It has puzzled me that we have not eliminated the entire NK government long ago. Surely our CIA has the ability to make that happen in a matter of minutes. Give their people a chance to pick some other leader, or maybe at least get a better dictator.
And you think we can find all of their missiles (hidden and moved around in tunnels) and destroy them all before they see us coming and turn Soul into rubble, killing hundreds of thousands? Sure, everything is so easy, black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top