Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 08:04 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We could send some Ebola over there.
Or SARS on infected blankets. It worked on Southpark.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:05 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Agreed. China basically thinks of North Korea as an obnoxious little brother it has to babysit. People overestimate China's investment in the Kim regime.

Don't forget China and Russia are part of the UN Security Council as well, and the security council vote was unanimous....
I know there is a strong anti intellectual current in this forum, but for whoever wants there is a Sam Harris podcast with a guy who has literally spent his professional life studying the issue.
China does not want to deal with the humanitarian crisis that would result, South Korea would be decimated, bottom line there is a reason why no prior administration has done anything about them.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:19 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
I can't understand the hold this guy Kim Jong-un has over North Korea. You'd think there would be enough sane officers in the military to stage a coup and get rid of the little creep before he takes the country over the cliff.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:23 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Congress declares war, not the president. The president can not legally make the first strike without prior authorization from congress.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Oh oh oh I know the answer........... he'll start a massive Tweet storm! Am I close?

Old 08-08-2017, 08:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Let's say Trump levels Pyongyang. What happens next?

We don't know.

We don't want to find out.

Whatever comes next, it wouldn't be pretty.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:28 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why not just invite China to occupy NK and keep them?
Honestly, if I were The Powers That Be, that is exactly what I would do. I would tell China to topple the Kim regime and install a puppet regime. I would pull in South Korea and say we would not interfere. We will let you use North Korea as a cheap labor source. But you must create better human rights conditions there and confiscate all of their nukes. Win/win for US, China, and both Koreas.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:28 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Oh oh oh I know the answer........... he'll start a massive Tweet storm! Am I close?
pretty close. I highly doubt fat kimmy's AOL 56k connection running the entire country would handle the twitter bombardment. It would cripple the NK internet infrastructure, and leave them ripe for an traditional invasion.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:29 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Worse case scenario is that China and/or Russia will retaliate against the US, unleashing their full arsenals. The US would then release its entire arsenal against Russia and/or China. This is an end-of-the-world scenario and one that is becoming very possible.

As for Russia, I don't really see what would be in it for them, I've just heard others speculate they might attack the US in response for a strike on NK. China on the other hand is a longtime ally of NK. Question is, would they retaliate? Is NK worth mutually-assured destruction for the Chinese? I think at this point, the fate of the world depends on that question.

What do you think?

the US has a gun to NKs head, NK has a gun to SK's head. If the US pulls the trigger, NK will get a shot off at SK. China and Russia will be on the side waggling their fingers.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Wack kim. Problem solved.
And what about all the problems you create by offing Kim Jong Un?

Oh right, as usual, the warmongers haven't thought of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small
I can't understand the hold this guy Kim Jong-un has over North Korea. You'd think there would be enough sane officers in the military to stage a coup and get rid of the little creep before he takes the country over the cliff.
Honestly, why would they overthrow him?

The ones in a position to overthrow have it pretty good. The people have it pretty bad, but 1) that's all they've ever known and 2) their economy is actually growing quite quickly. If they didn't overthrow the Kim family when things were dramatically worse, why would they do so now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies