Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 07:19 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because party over country.

Your basic premise is wrong. Conservatives were not voting for Clinton or anyone on the left but it was former democrats, union people as well as new voters who tipped the scale for Trump. So it was your fellow democrats who sold out and switched to Trump in the swing states.

I heard countless interviews with voters just before and after the election, people who always voted democrat who switched this time for Trump. If you wish Clinton was POTUS blame your fellow democrats.

But to go along with this:

Neil Gorsuch is reason enough that having Clinton and a activist liberal majority supreme court would have been worse. TPP would be rolling along. Keystone would still be blocked. Refugees would be flowing in 10 fold unchecked. I will take a dysfunctional white house and all the issues I have with Trump over Clinton and her far left wackos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 07:32 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Party over country. Doesn't that work both ways? You can't tell me with a straight face that if the other party had the best candidate, or at least one you believed would be better for the country, you would change your allegiance? That only works for independents, not those devoted to one party or the other.

And in one sense, party and country are the same thing. Whether you like it or not, both parties (generally) have a platform that they think is the better plan. The voters decide. Of course, it always comes down to the personalities of the candidates themselves. This last election was maybe about who was more likable or believable between two candidates that didn't offer much of either of those two traits.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:41 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
From the article:

Quote:
Trump himself is playing whataboutism with his own legal liability, telling his most devoted supporters at a rally just last week that Clinton’s deleted emails constitute wrongdoing worthier of criminal investigation than his own crimes.
There is no evidence Trump has done anything illegal. Poor writing from an ex Salon writer.

Your corrupt candidate lost OP, get over it.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Let's look at what the argument boils down to.......from the article.

During the election, many people were led to believe that Clinton was a far more corrupt and dishonest person than Trump,

This is acknowledging that she was corrupt, just maybe not as corrupt as Trump. Is that what our choices should boil down to? Not who would best lead the country but who is the least corrupt?
The democrats had the chance to nominate a better candidate but the DNC sabotaged it. Instead of pointing fingers at conservatives how about getting mad at your DNC for anointing Clinton even before the democrat primaries began and doing everything with the help of the MSM to keep Sanders from getting the nomination.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The democrats had the chance to nominate a better candidate but the DNC sabotaged it. Instead of pointing fingers at conservatives how about getting mad at your DNC for anointing Clinton even before the democrat primaries began and doing everything with the help of the MSM to keep Sanders from getting the nomination.
I keep on reading hoping to finally read the article that goes, O.K., we made a big mistake, how do we make sure we do not do that again ?

But all I read is how they insist on making the same mistakes. They are not going to win on social issues alone especially running those who insist on putting Wall Street over everyone.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:06 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I bet Biden didn't run as he knew Hillary had already been anointed and the rig was in.

Biden likely wouldn't have lost PA, MI, and WI.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I bet Biden didn't run as he knew Hillary had already been anointed and the rig was in.

Biden likely wouldn't have lost PA, MI, and WI.
Hillary is likely the only candidate that would lose to Trump. Arguments can be made that maybe this happens, or that happens, but Sanders beat Hillary in both Michigan and Wisc. That leaves the entire election down to Pennsylvania as opposed to not even close.

That would put the race 258 to 260 with the winner of Pennsylvania as the winner. Hillary ignored and attacked much of Pennsylvania just as Obama did. Would that be a drag on Biden also? Maybe. Biden is certainly far more likable than Hillary.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I keep on reading hoping to finally read the article that goes, O.K., we made a big mistake, how do we make sure we do not do that again ?

But all I read is how they insist on making the same mistakes. They are not going to win on social issues alone especially running those who insist on putting Wall Street over everyone.
Not do what again? Vote for Hillary Clinton? I am a libertarian and conservative on many issues. I voted for Johnson. I never would have voted for Clinton. I have a laundry list of reasons. Anyone but her. I would have been fine with Johnson, Stein, Bernie Sanders even Biden over Clinton. But the mindless masses who only understand D or R and the DNC rigging the primaries made that impossible.

The left does not get it. You selected the most polarizing candidate possible and then you chastise those who did not vote for her. You have to look in the mirror not point your finger. Conservatives had no control over who the DNC chose as their candidate.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:18 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Both parties sold out to Big Business interests a long time ago, because that's our system of campaign finance.

Until we get the Big Money out of politics, the U.S. will continue its slide toward Third World status.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:35 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because party over country.

LMAO... As if the democrats aren't just as bad. Seriously. Hillary Clinton was the best you could produce? The DNC was all in for Hillary from day one.
There are so many other choices that were better.
The GOP can at least say that they weren't all that supportive of Trump and still aren't.
When is the last time that the Democrat party actually listened to we the people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies