U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Twin Falls Idaho
3,050 posts, read 702,976 times
Reputation: 1546

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It would expose Maher's hypocrisy.

We all know most politicians are like this, so pretending that it is one side just shows partisanship. Isn't Maher guilty of partisanship by implying that partisanship is only on one side?
I respectfully disagree--in 65 years of life..I've never seen any politician like Trump..and I've never seen a fanbase like his. They forgive him anything--and this skit was a humorous take on that.

Sure, Maher is partisan---so? It's a comedy show--laugh and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 05:18 AM
 
23,706 posts, read 10,380,068 times
Reputation: 17943
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I respectfully disagree--in 65 years of life..I've never seen any politician like Trump..and I've never seen a fanbase like his. They forgive him anything--and this skit was a humorous take on that.

Sure, Maher is partisan---so? It's a comedy show--laugh and move on.
Like this as in partisan to the point of hypocrisy.

Additionally, every POTUS has had a cheerleader squad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:26 AM
 
57,904 posts, read 22,231,784 times
Reputation: 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And I never said it was acceptable when the right did it, did I?
I didn't say you did. I asked. You seem to be getting awfully defensive over a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM
 
23,706 posts, read 10,380,068 times
Reputation: 17943
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't say you did. I asked. You seem to be getting awfully defensive over a question.
Wasn't my post a question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
 
Location: USA
2,545 posts, read 4,050,496 times
Reputation: 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think he's at least as qualified as a trust-fund baby turned reality-show host with a star on the Walk of Fame.
Well you obviously get your "news" from Comedy Central. Maher is a CLOWN, and whatever he says is really meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Tennesee
3,266 posts, read 628,803 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bill Maher is a far left comedian, and entertainer. He is not qualified to comment on anything political.
If politics are off the table, most comedians would be out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM
 
23,599 posts, read 16,414,715 times
Reputation: 13959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well you obviously get your "news" from Comedy Central. Maher is a CLOWN, and whatever he says is really meaningless.
HE really didn't say anything in this clip.

The most words uttered were those of Trump himself.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Tennesee
3,266 posts, read 628,803 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
HE really didn't say anything in this clip.

The most words uttered were those of Trump himself.

That's why it was so funny. There was no need for additional commentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
9,738 posts, read 8,285,233 times
Reputation: 6209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If politics are off the table, most comedians would be out of work.
At one time I thought Bill Maher was funny; but I grew up, got older or smarter. I refuse to watch any of his programs because he cannot give credit to the other side; he is biased. I know that many feel the same way about FOX and I feel the same way about a few of the FOX talking heads. If I feel that I am given a totally biased news account; I refuse to help their ratings.

I think what I resent the most are entertainment programs that throw politics into the mix. My wife will watch one of the reality housewives programs and one will bring up current politics - like we give any credibility to these pampered, spoiled, women! With HBO most or all of their comedians are super liberal. Maher is not alone. I am getting really tired of supporting those that think so differently than I do. Just as soon as Game of Throwns is over they will probably not see another one of my dollars. I have to wonder if others are boycotting these liberal lefties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Tennesee
3,266 posts, read 628,803 times
Reputation: 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
At one time I thought Bill Maher was funny; but I grew up, got older or smarter. I refuse to watch any of his programs because he cannot give credit to the other side; he is biased. I know that many feel the same way about FOX and I feel the same way about a few of the FOX talking heads. If I feel that I am given a totally biased news account; I refuse to help their ratings.

I think what I resent the most are entertainment programs that throw politics into the mix. My wife will watch one of the reality housewives programs and one will bring up current politics - like we give any credibility to these pampered, spoiled, women! With HBO most or all of their comedians are super liberal. Maher is not alone. I am getting really tired of supporting those that think so differently than I do. Just as soon as Game of Throwns is over they will probably not see another one of my dollars. I have to wonder if others are boycotting these liberal lefties?
First of all, I am not generally a fan of Maher. Sometimes he is funny, often he is not, at least to me.

Second, I am quite willing to watch or listen to conservative humorists if they are clever and amusing. I adore P. J. O'Rourke, and he is certainly no lefty.

My point was, most comedians touch on politics. It's part of the human condition, often absurd, and laughing at the absurd is the whole point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top