U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
 
4,092 posts, read 2,653,074 times
Reputation: 2525

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Ideologically I do not see eye to eye with him. But his debate logic is nearly flawless and he always seems to have data to back his arguments on instant recall. I have to respect him for than since it is so rare among politicians much less pundits.
I listened to the Rogan podcast because of Shapiro I can't stand Rogan as a comedian so that kind of ruins his podcast for me. At any rate I thought you can basically summarize his stand on the current political climate that the left is wrong, anything trump does is ok because Hillary was the worst candidate ever, anything wrong the right does is just an over reaction to the left's antics. Meh he was fine but not overly impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Austin
8,433 posts, read 4,613,116 times
Reputation: 9255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I listened to the Rogan podcast because of Shapiro I can't stand Rogan as a comedian so that kind of ruins his podcast for me. At any rate I thought you can basically summarize his stand on the current political climate that the left is wrong, anything trump does is ok because Hillary was the worst candidate ever, anything wrong the right does is just an over reaction to the left's antics. Meh he was fine but not overly impressive.
Um, no. You are making an uninformed assessment.

Ben has been a critic of President Trump in style and substance often, but does praise Trump when he agrees with him on issues. Shapiro didn't vote for Trump or Hillary in 2016. (He supported Cruz in the primaries.) In fact, Shapiro has said a few times it was the first time ever he only voted down ballot in a national election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
 
4,092 posts, read 2,653,074 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Um, no. You are making an uninformed assessment.

Ben has been a critic of President Trump in style and substance often, but does praise Trump when he agrees with him on issues. Shapiro didn't vote for Trump or Hillary in 2016. (He supported Cruz in the primaries.) In fact, Shapiro has said a few times it was the first time ever he only voted down ballot in a national election.
I am making an assessment based on the 90 min podcast, I understand the most common defense of trump is " I didn't vote for him but....". When asked about Trumpa character as he basically started talking about how the president should be a figure head. I dont get people who claimed to be staunch constitutionalist but support trump, I get that I am biased maybe I didn't pay as much attention during former President Obama tenure but for my money I haven't seen an administration with so much disregard for our checks and balances, and three branch system as this current administration. Constant attacks on our judiciary and now our legislature, I mean the concept of running government like a private business is in itself contrary to our constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
 
57,961 posts, read 22,285,471 times
Reputation: 11302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I am making an assessment based on the 90 min podcast, I understand the most common defense of trump is " I didn't vote for him but....". When asked about Trumpa character as he basically started talking about how the president should be a figure head. I dont get people who claimed to be staunch constitutionalist but support trump, I get that I am biased maybe I didn't pay as much attention during former President Obama tenure but for my money I haven't seen an administration with so much disregard for our checks and balances, and three branch system as this current administration. Constant attacks on our judiciary and now our legislature, I mean the concept of running government like a private business is in itself contrary to our constitution.
You can not support someone BUT still discuss how someone in their role is suppose to act. Or what factually you see happening or believe will happen without wanting that to happen or support it either way.

When Trump was elected I noted that his biggest problem was not the (D)'s but the (R)'s. That has been true. I'm fairly pleased they will not work together but I was just noting what I believe would happen, not taking a side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
 
9,990 posts, read 5,706,295 times
Reputation: 5170
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You mean ex-convict Dinesh D'Souza? Lol 😂😂😂
Yes, regardless of that which I mentioned in my post, he's also a good debater. He's just not as fast, witty or likable as Ben.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:01 PM
 
3,966 posts, read 3,681,349 times
Reputation: 2031
He is still a never Trumper and while a pretty good debater I don't care for most of what he talks about these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:54 PM
Status: "Fly the W and NOW I know what the P stands for!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: Suburb of Chitcago
11,946 posts, read 6,023,864 times
Reputation: 15062
I disagree with him on some things, but I enjoy listening to smart people.

If you like him and you missed it, look for the youtube video of him and Adam Carolla testifying before Congress about how freedom of speech is being squashed on college campuses if you're not a liberal speaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top