Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:58 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Maybe Ben can explain it to you then.
It would be a first and I suppose I would have to give him credit.

edit:.......I'm part way through "Who owns Obamacare" where he notes, "the Republicans were lying". True but hardly real insightful so far.

edit edit: Then he notes, "Trump likes to spin". Again, not real ground breaking even if true. "Trump thinks Twitter alleviates his responsibility to learn things".

O.K., I agree there.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:02 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
I generally like Shapiro even though I don't always agree with him. He is very smart, no doubt, but a bit of a snowflake since he quit because his boss, Steve Bannon, yelled at him when they were both at Breitbart. Bannon is known for having a quick temper and a foul mouth. I view it as a father kicking his son out of the house to make his own way which Shapiro has done, so everything worked out for the best. At some point I bet they let bygones be bygones and agree to disagree but will have a grudging respect for each other. Hope so.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:11 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,503,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Being a Libertarian, I pretty much agree with most of what he says. He also breaks down the daily main stream (BS) news into facts, which is great.

I highly advise people should listen to Ep 357 - The corporate fascists are here

He tears apart the meme about the Google memo.

His library is here: https://soundcloud.com/benshapiroshow
That was a fantastic episode.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I generally like Shapiro even though I don't always agree with him. He is very smart, no doubt, but a bit of a snowflake since he quit because his boss, Steve Bannon, yelled at him when they were both at Breitbart. Bannon is known for having a quick temper and a foul mouth. I view it as a father kicking his son out of the house to make his own way which Shapiro has done, so everything worked out for the best. At some point I bet they let bygones be bygones and agree to disagree but will have a grudging respect for each other. Hope so.
The question is what did his boss yell at him? When you have the means to work for yourself or not work at all (his wife is a doctor), then who needs to work for an a-hole? Life is too short.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:19 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The question is what did his boss yell at him? When you have the means to work for yourself or not work at all (his wife is a doctor), then who needs to work for an a-hole? Life is too short.
I agree with this. I like Ben and he is probably infinitely smarter than Bannon. Why take it?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:36 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I agree with this. I like Ben and he is probably infinitely smarter than Bannon. Why take it?
He seems to have flourished once he left there. I think he has his own blog, The Daily Wire. I've never gone to his site, but I also never go to Breitbart unless someone links to it. It's not my cup of tea. I think The Daily Wire can't be any worse, and is likely to be significantly better. I think I will check it out now.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:37 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Quote:
He seems to have flourished once he left there. I think he has his own blog, The Daily Wire. I've never gone to his site, but I also never go to Breitbart unless someone links to it. It's not my cup of tea. I think The Daily Wire can't be any worse, and is likely to be significantly better. I think I will check it out now.
You should. I get his daily email but have an ad blocker on my PC. I hate all the pop up crap on all these type sites. Mostly I check out his Youtube. Steven Crowder did an interview with him the other day. That was interesting.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:40 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
What are your thoughts on this guy, especially if you're a left-leaning libertarian? He currently has the #2 most listened to podcast on iTunes. Political genius in my book.
Except for foreign policy, top notch. Highly informed. He uses fact, logic, and reason. All the things progressives hate. I love listening to him.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
What are your thoughts on this guy, especially if you're a left-leaning libertarian? He currently has the #2 most listened to podcast on iTunes. Political genius in my book.
Shapiro is NOT a libertarian, he is a social conservative as well as a fiscal one

Old 08-10-2017, 08:42 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Agreed. Shapiro knows his value. Why should a good worker work for a disrespectful boss when there are plenty of other jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.