Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the USA in regards to announced missile strike on Guam?
Nothing - It's buffonery by Mr. Kim 24 32.00%
Go to the UN for more sanctions 6 8.00%
Strike back only if struck 34 45.33%
Hit them first before they can hit us. 11 14.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I can promise you this, if DRPK fires at Guam, there will be democrats calling for Donald Trumps impeachment.
On what grounds?

Old 08-10-2017, 01:19 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post

The reason why Kim Jong-un is going down this path is that he enjoys being a god-emperor to his captive populace and is deathly afraid of being "Ghaddafi'd" by the West. .
He will go the way of other dictators eventually. His death is imminent if he wants to carry out his threats.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:20 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
We should park a couple small ships with targets mounted on them just outside NK's waters on either side of the country. then announce our own test. Send the ICBMs from North Dakota to hit the targets. Only, "sorry, we made a mistake". We missed the target, and oh, also sorry, we forgot to put the dummy warheads in place of the real ones. Sorry about that! Yeah, we used MIRVs because we wanted to make sure one of them would hit the target ship.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Got any links where the North Koreans say that the missiles that they are going to be firing near to Guam will have live nuclear warheads intended to detonate upon termination of their flight paths?

Because what you posted are links to either year-old empty threats or various estimates of North Korea's nuclear weapons building capability.

The reason why Kim Jong-un is going down this path is that he enjoys being a god-emperor to his captive populace and is deathly afraid of being "Ghaddafi'd" by the West. Nukes in his holder are meant to cement his hold on power, not to attack anyone.

Yes, that's my opinion...worth as much as any one else's who has posted on this thread.
Well, yes, glad you asked:
Quote:
In a statement, its Korean People’s Army threatened to "turn the U.S. mainland into the theater of a nuclear war,” sending a strong signal that Pyongyang’s nuclear ambitions remain unchecked.
North Korea threatens to turn U.S. mainland into a 'theater of nuclear war' - LA Times

Quote:
And North Korea’s threat of retaliation has frightening new resonance now that Pyongyang has successfully tested a missile that experts say is theoretically capable of hitting the US mainland, including cities like Chicago, New York, and Washington. And the US military now believes North Korea has the capability to “miniaturize” a nuclear weapon and fit it onto that missile.
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/8/8/1...nuke-us-attack

Quote:
Trump threatened North Korea "with fire and fury like the world has never seen" on Tuesday after reports suggested the communist country has mastered one of the final hurdles to the ability to attack the US with a nuclear missile.

The nuclear advances were detailed in an official Japanese assessment and a Washington Post story that cited US intelligence officials and a confidential Defense Intelligence Agency report. The US now puts the North Korean arsenal at up to 60 nuclear weapons, more than double most assessments by independent experts, according to the Post's reporting.
N Korea threatens missile attack on US territory Guam | North Korea News | Al Jazeera

Old 08-10-2017, 01:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Could this be another Iraq with the WMD's?
I remember well all the news hype about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction and were about to attack the US. In the end there was no WMD's, 8000 Americans killed, and over a trillion dollars blown on a useless war.
When the war mongers beat their war drums most of us believed the evidence they presented only to learn it was all bull****. Why should the American people believe them now?
I believe NK has a lunatic leader, but I don't think he will risk the possibility of total destruction. Then we have a president suffering from dementia and sounding off like a schoolyard bully. It's a bad combination but also it may be exactly what the war mongers have planned?

Old 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
So, you don't have any actual information besides the usual propaganda threats from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

I'm not saying that the crazy dude in North Korea isn't going to try to lob several missiles towards Guam sometime in the next month.

And I understand that you have personal concerns about the possibility of such an event.

I'm just saying that I'm so certain that North Korea is not gonna nuke Guam that I'll go there and sit on the beach for an entire month if you'll pony up the plane fare for me.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:32 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.
  • First, learn to make a response that doesn't involve personal attacks.
  • Second, the USA has mutual defense treaty obligations with Japan that require us to be involved with them. Globalism has nothing to do with that.
  • Nobody said we were the world's police force. Guan is part of the USA.
Where is Guan?

Old 08-10-2017, 01:35 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is much more of a crazy lunatic than Kim. Kim is a ruthless bad guy, but he is rational in his behavior and in his pursuit of nuclear weapons. There would be no threat of nuclear war if Trump were not in the White House at this point.
Sorry Ponderosa but your blind hatred of all things Trump has skewed your thinking.

"crazy" and "lunatic" being described as "rational"???

Old 08-10-2017, 01:38 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
They are there because my son is married to a Korean girl who is very, very concerned about her family in Seoul. She doesn't want to move 13 hours away from her family when she is at present a 4 hour flight away from them. There's a lunatic loose in that region of the world. She thought that Guam might be far enough away from Kim Jong Il but yet close enough to help her family if they needed her help.

Sad situation.

I talked with my son last night and there are families who live on Guam who are shipping their children out to other countries.
I am sorry for your family. What an awful situation for the people there.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:38 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Probably true that NK will do what it does regardless of the US President of the day, but why does Trump take the risk by spewing a bunch of crazed bombastic rhetoric? That's what makes absolutely zero sense from a military point of view. Shut UP until there is something meaningful and actionable to say.
I agree with you that he should shut up or at least tone it down. But blaming NK's actions on Trumps mouth is just asinine. NK has been a major problem for decades. They were building their nukes way before Trump came along. They would be using them as leverage no matter who was President now or what that President said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies