U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:18 PM
 
2,243 posts, read 752,677 times
Reputation: 2623

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Even if that report is true, Russia is not off the hook. They hacked the state election offices and one company that makes voting machines. No one disputes that.
Who wants to get Russia off the hook? I don't want anyone from anywhere hacking anything. The point is that the fake news media have been lying their butts off for the last nine months to hurt our President and our nation.

And the lies have been pushing us toward war with Russia.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 08-10-2017 at 09:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
17,799 posts, read 13,299,723 times
Reputation: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
BOMBSHELL: NSA Experts Say DNC

The data transfer rate from the alleged hack of the DNC server was 22.7 megabytes per second. No ISP has that kind of speed, the top speed is around 16 megabytes per second.
However, that speed can be achieved when using a thumb drive.
This isn't 2006 anymore, the internet has gotten faster.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Texas
19,073 posts, read 7,750,912 times
Reputation: 4183
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The British intelligence turned out to be GCHQ which happened to be spying on Trump in 2015 also. They were trying to build a case against Trump on the basis of ties to Russia.
What does trump and Russia have to do with British security? No legitimate reason for them to spy on trump. No legitimate reason for GCHQ even getting 2nd hand info from other spy agencies since that isn't normally shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The 17 intelligence agencies assessment turned out to have been a misrepresentation.

There are a lot of credibility problems on the Russia hack case that were brought up before.
It wasn't a misrepresentation, it was a politically motivated lie. From the get go. The other agencies didn't get on board. The knew it was political since there was no physical evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:21 PM
 
Location: St Paul
4,626 posts, read 2,242,273 times
Reputation: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The CIA, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence all determined that Russia hacked the presidential election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/u...a-fbi-nsa.html

And even Donald Trump’s top intelligence officials accept the conclusion that Russia hacked the election.
Trump


And according to other sources your source is "neither conclusive proof nor strong evidence. It’s a extremely long-winded product of a crank."

Your source lists "an anonymous analyst calling himself “Forensicator,” on the “metadata” of “locked files” leaked by the hacker Guccifer 2.0.This should, already, set off alarm bells: An anonymous analyst is claiming to have analyzed the “metadata” of “locked files” that only this analyst had access to?"

"The crux of the whole thing — the opening argument — rests on the fact that, according to “metadata,” the data was transferred at about 22 megabytes per second... Most households don’t get internet speeds that high, but enterprise operations, like the DNC — or, uh, the FSB — would have access to a higher but certainly not unattainable speed like that. If that’s your strongest evidence, your argument is already in trouble."

The Nation Article About the DNC Hack Is Incoherent
You link to the NYT article falsely claiming 17 intelligence agencies agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:25 PM
 
2,243 posts, read 752,677 times
Reputation: 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You link to the NYT article falsely claiming 17 intelligence agencies agreed.
Yeah, maybe he should link to the article where the NY Times itself admits that the claim that "17 intelligence agencies agreed" was bogus. As Seymour Hersh said, to paraphrase: "The Coast Guard? The Air Force? AYFKM?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 09:48 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
3,272 posts, read 3,975,529 times
Reputation: 3460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This isn't 2006 anymore, the internet has gotten faster.....
Feel free to share what the megabytes per second download speed was in July, 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
49,494 posts, read 24,915,966 times
Reputation: 10522
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Expert witnesses don't lie because then they lose their credibility and their livelihood.

Correct. I get called to testify as an expert witness about a dozen times a year. Getting caught lying, is the death of your business as an investigator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
4,839 posts, read 2,093,850 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You link to the NYT article falsely claiming 17 intelligence agencies agreed.
My source states,

"The Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, all of which determined that Russia interfered in the election. Their work was compiled into a report, and a declassified version was released on Jan. 6 by the director of national intelligence. It said that all four agencies had “high confidence” that Russian spies had tried to interfere in the election on the orders of President Vladimir V. Putin."

"The reason the views of only those four intelligence agencies, not all 17, were included in the assessment is simple: They were the ones tracking and analyzing the Russian campaign. The rest were doing other work."

"The intelligence community is a sprawling enterprise that includes military officers who track enemy troop movements, accountants who analyze the finances of Islamist militants and engineers who design spy satellites. There are soldiers, sailors and Marines; tens of thousands of civilian government employees and tens of thousands of private contractors" (and only 4 of the many intelligence agencies were responsible for investigating the Russian election interference.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/u...a-fbi-nsa.html


My source did not falsely claim 17 intelligence agencies agreed, rather people like Donald Trump manipulate this situation by saying "only three or four of the United States’ 17 intelligence agencies had concluded that Russia interfered in the presidential election."

And "while (Trumps statement is) technically accurate, (it) is misleading and suggests widespread dissent among American intelligence agencies when none has emerged."

Manipulating or misinformed statements like Trumps cause people to believe that Russians did not hack the election, and that allegations of Russian hacking are a lie.

But reality is the US governments intelligence network and Donald Trumps own top intelligence officials believe that Russians hacked the 2016 presidential election.

Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
49,494 posts, read 24,915,966 times
Reputation: 10522
Seth Rich was the hack.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2017, 01:03 PM
 
2,243 posts, read 752,677 times
Reputation: 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The British intelligence turned out to be GCHQ which happened to be spying on Trump in 2015 also. They were trying to build a case against Trump on the basis of ties to Russia.
So you're saying the UK interfered in the election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top