Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is worse! You should know by now, we are all each uniquely different. Something must be mentally roadblocking that critical thinking element, because you are uniquely different than I.
I would agree that we all are uniquely different, when you simply parrot infowars you aren't demonstrating your unique difference or your ability to think critically.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:18 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Hmmm, a few weeks ago you were posting that the US bombed Japan in WW2 using nuclear devices that they had captured from the Germans.

Its one thing to be "uniquely programmed differently" and another to foolishly believe anything that comes along,
Endless posts that are little but lies and insults. Starts countless threads where the title is a lie and the supporting article is either some RW online blog such as Breitbart or InfoWars or from a reputable source but does not support the title's lie.

On the plus side, BB keeps this forum lively.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:09 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I had no idea that Jones was a snake oil salesman...

I suppose like P T Barnum said long ago "There's a sucker born every minute" still applies....It would take an idiot to buy this crap, but luckily for Jones idiots are plentiful.
Hey, he needs those three Rolexes! They don't come cheap!

Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
loose cannon- I don't entertain anything he spills

Old 08-11-2017, 06:49 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Then you must understand, why I may balk at the idea I must conform, so they can understand where I'm coming from. They don't understand, because they never took time to learn. It was not on their priority list, but I must take my time to conform to their thinking, like it has to be on my priority list?

We may be getting somewhere??? But I doubt it.

In your case, you were not thinking for me, you stated how you feel very well.
I agree that you and I are different. Aside from that, I was being pretty sarcastic, although I would still give you a beer, because I'm cool like that.

Since you seem to be open to talking, let me drop the sarcasm for a moment.

I don't much care for conformity, either, for its own sake. When my beliefs align with those of others because they are honest embraced, that's not conformity, it's just coincidence. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. I don't really care much.

I'm not sure what you want "them " to learn. To appreciate Alex Jones? To agree with your comments? To understand your point of view? That last I can appreciate, even if it does not lead to agreement. It's good to try to understand why people feel as they do. That empathy thing, right?

Where do you think we may be getting, and why do you doubt it? If it's bringing me around to your political views, you are probably right. If it's having a civil conversation, in which ideas are exchanged, that's a worthy goal for any two people to have, and I'm on right on board (with more beer, even.)

As for thinking for you (or anyone else), I would never presume, although I might try to persuade. *grin* And I pretty much always state how I feel. I'm oddly flattered that you think I did so well.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Must be why you are always uninformed and then misinformed.
And here is the problem with the left and why they have become the loser party.

Quit thinking for everyone else, like no one can think for themselves and you may make some friends back.

Those who buy into the Alex Jones BS like sex-trafficking pizzerias and over-priced supplements being any more effective than the same thing offered at any store are hardly thinking for themselves.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:02 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Those who buy into the Alex Jones BS like sex-trafficking pizzerias and over-priced supplements being any more effective than the same thing offered at any store are hardly thinking for themselves.
Agree. To write about thinking for oneself and Alex Jones in the same post is just silly.

Alex Jones makes his living selling overpriced supplements, whistles, and other bibs and bobs to the rubes who repeat the nonsense he blathers about like it's the gospel truth.

What a bunch of idiots.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Agree. To write about thinking for oneself and Alex Jones in the same post is just silly.

Alex Jones makes his living selling overpriced supplements, whistles, and other bibs and bobs to the rubes who repeat the nonsense he blathers about like it's the gospel truth.

What a bunch of idiots

Or, as a modern day P T Barnum would call them: My retirement fund!

Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 AM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
You think your jealous now, wait till you hear this... and they are not close to net, even trying to calculate gross. But then again, he has over 100 employees and some good overhead numbers.

“He can sell 500 supplements in an hour,” a former employee told BuzzFeed News this spring.
One estimate by New York magazine — which uses some back-of-the-envelope calculations based on the number of reviews of supplements on Jones' Infowars Life Store — suggests that, with an average supplement price of $30, Jones could haul in $15,000,000 in sales over a two-year period on just that one supplement. A second, less conservative estimate from the magazine puts the figure even higher — nearly $25,000,000 without including repeat customers (of which there are likely many).

He's an idiot alright..... A wealthy one at that.
Because morons make him wealthy. Same ilk that pay for the National Enquirer.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 AM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Isn't that the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies