Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

CO2 is not a problem. It occurs naturally on earth, and plants consume it. Volcanoes, and other natural occurrences emit tons of CO2. No government energy tax, energy use surcharge, or "green" alternative will stop that.

We have so much natural gas, and oil that we can sell all our coal overseas if we wanted. Fossil fuels powers our planet, and also allows the manufacturer of all those items everyone likes. Wind, and solar are meaningless in the big picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:01 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Will too much oxygen kill you?

Should we clear cut forests to reduce oxygen production?
Too much oxygen is not a problem these days. Too much CO2 is.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:05 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Too much oxygen is not a problem these days. Too much CO2 is.
Maybe we should stop the drive to destroy all the greenery and install solar panels? That green stuff likes the CO2 right?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:13 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
What about fracking? Why is no one complaining about the harm it is doing, yet all over the coal industry? I really don't understand this. Is it because Trump mentioned coal mining when campaigning and bringing back those jobs, while Hillary said she was going to put them out of work?

Fracking is destroying the earth, yet all I hear is complaints about coal.

I didn't hear that many complaints about coal until Trump was talking about it.

Prove to me that coal is more destructive than fracking.

Fracking: https://www.forbes.com/sites/judysto.../#1b393cad5945 and 8 Dangerous Side Effects of Fracking That the Industry Doesn't Want You to Hear About | Alternet Bernie Sanders also opposed fracking.

And, nuclear, isn't a healthy choice either. Various Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy - Conserve Energy Future

It is my belief that this is more about Trump than clean coal or not. Also, bundles of money are being made from fracking (destroying our earth and water), yet only Bernie Sanders was discussing that and says it should be banned and I agree: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/83198896/

Old 08-11-2017, 07:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Trump made a mistake pushing coal. He should've pushed nuclear, it's the best fuel source available now.

Politicians make all sorts of promises to compel people to vote for them.

Pushing coal and promising to take care of everyone's healthcare with the government paying for it got him the vote in coal country. No mistake.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, nuclear, isn't a healthy choice either. Various Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy - Conserve Energy Future
Nuclear is a terrible choice, not the least of which is there are these giant casks of radioactive material sitting on concrete pads near every major waterway in the nation.

These are a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Politicians make all sorts of promises to compel people to vote for them.

Pushing coal and promising to take care of everyone's healthcare with the government paying for it got him the vote in coal country. No mistake.
Then within weeks, Trump and the Republicans start trying to pull the funding for their healthcare.

Wonder how many times one could pull this.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What about fracking? Why is no one complaining about the harm it is doing, yet all over the coal industry? I really don't understand this. Is it because Trump mentioned coal mining when campaigning and bringing back those jobs, while Hillary said she was going to put them out of work?

Fracking is destroying the earth, yet all I hear is complaints about coal.

I didn't hear that many complaints about coal until Trump was talking about it.

Prove to me that coal is more destructive than fracking.

Fracking: https://www.forbes.com/sites/judysto.../#1b393cad5945 and 8 Dangerous Side Effects of Fracking That the Industry Doesn't Want You to Hear About | Alternet Bernie Sanders also opposed fracking.

It is my belief that this is more about Trump than clean coal or not. Also, bundles of money are being made from fracking (destroying our earth and water), yet only Bernie Sanders was discussing that and says it should be banned and I agree: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/83198896/

Here is what our own EPA says about Fracking.

Quote:
Natural gas plays a key role in our nation's clean energy future. The U.S. has vast reserves of natural gas that are commercially viable as a result of advances in horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing technologies enabling greater access to gas in shale formations. Responsible development of America's shale gas resources offers important economic, energy security, and environmental benefits.

EPA is working with states and other key stakeholders to help ensure that natural gas extraction does not come at the expense of public health and the environment. The Agency's focus and obligations under the law are to provide oversight, guidance and, where appropriate, rulemaking that achieve the best possible protections for the air, water and land where Americans live, work and play.

The Agency is investing in improving our scientific understanding of hydraulic fracturing, providing regulatory clarity with respect to existing laws, and using existing authorities where appropriate to enhance health and environmental safeguards.

We all want energy independence from countries that are not friendly towards us, like those in the Middle East, right? This, and the extraction of our HUGE oil finds, domestically, will allow that.

https://www.epa.gov/hydraulicfracturing

Old 08-11-2017, 10:40 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Will too much oxygen kill you?

Should we clear cut forests to reduce oxygen production?
Yes, too much oxygen will kill you.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:44 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Plants love CO2.
That's what's known as the "Idiocracy Argument" for doing nothing about CO2 emissions.

In other words, "Carbon Dioxide...It's What Plants Crave!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies