U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Status: "Stop the world, I want to get off." (set 2 days ago)

4,542 posts, read 894,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
All I see here is the usual absolutist ranting by a bunch of sore losers and spoiled children who want to impose their "perfect" vision on all of us, and will try to demonize anyone and anything that dissents from their sacrosanct opinion.

I didn't vote for him, and disagree strongly with a lot of his domestic proposals, but I suspect that he wants to project more of a belligerent attitude than is really the case, simply because he knows that it will further aggravate the Lefty-Loonies and cause a few more pieces of "organic fertilizer" to be thrown from the Monkey House.

Rave on, boys and girls!
You may be right. He certainly seems to enjoy conflict and pot-stirring, but it appears to me that perhaps he has better things to do with his time right now. Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,052,699 times
Quote:
All I see here is the usual absolutist ranting by a bunch of sore losers and spoiled children who want to impose their "perfect" vision on all of us, and will try to demonize anyone and anything that dissents from their sacrosanct opinion.

I didn't vote for him, and disagree strongly with a lot of his domestic proposals, but I suspect that he wants to project more of a belligerent attitude than is really the case, simply because he knows that it will further aggravate the Lefty-Loonies and cause a few more pieces of "organic fertilizer" to be thrown from the Monkey House.

Rave on, boys and girls!

I'm pleased that an elitist clique and their legion of juvenile dupes lost a great deal of power -- nothing more. I revere my nation for its Constitution and a history of rule based upon principle and precedent rather than force; and I view religion, like sexuality, as a purely private matter.
That is a childish way to communicate with the nation. This is not a school yard brawl.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Status: "Stop the world, I want to get off." (set 2 days ago)

4,542 posts, read 894,520 times
Quote:
He means a "surgical strike" to destroy the WMDs before North Korea can put them to evil use, and hopefully, the facilities to produce more of them; and possibly a "decapitation strike" to take Kim and his military advisors "off the board" -- hopefully permanently.

The most painful component of the equation here is that Seoul lies close enough to the Korean DMZ that North Korea can still take out its resentments upon innocent civilians -- something the Kiddie Krusaders here .are eager to attribute only to Trump -- and never to the petty tyrant who picked the fight in the first place.
I thought this thread was about Venezuela?

Old 08-11-2017, 05:47 PM

9,613 posts, read 5,456,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I thought this thread was about Venezuela?
The strategy could be applied to a number of rogue states, but with Hugo Chavez removed from the picture, I don't see Venezuela as much of a problem. But I'm sure that there are a few here who are as ready to lionize any petty Marxist as they are to demonize Trump.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:51 PM

4,133 posts, read 925,997 times
I guess the President is feeling powerful:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AApTMLD?m=en-us

Old 08-11-2017, 05:56 PM

632 posts, read 347,723 times
Conservatives are always quick to blame "decadence", "deviance", "gays" for the fall of Rome.

The real core reason was that that empire was way overextended.

I'll just say: Afghanistan, Middle East, North Korea, Venezuela.

Good luck with any tax cuts when our leader incinerates your tax dollars in fire and fury.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:01 PM

10,455 posts, read 7,637,507 times
What's wrong with you libs, seriously? None of you know the first thing about Venezuela. Venezuela isn't just a failed state, it's a criminal state. A cabal of drug-trafficking army generals has taken control of Venezuela

And they are bolstered by Cuba's intelligence agencies. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...zuela-protests

Old 08-11-2017, 06:02 PM

25,681 posts, read 34,339,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What's wrong with you libs, seriously? None of you know the first thing about Venezuela. Venezuela isn't just a failed state, it's a criminal state. A cabal of drug-trafficking army generals has taken control of Venezuela

And they are bolstered by Cuba's intelligence agencies. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...zuela-protests
and? how is that a matter for us military action? You war monger righties are out of of your friggin' gourds. Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, and a half dozen I forget. Haven't you had enough yet?

Old 08-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Status: "Walking lap; Property of yorkipoo" (set 12 days ago)

7,262 posts, read 2,898,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why would you rule out a military option?
Because Venezuela is none of our business.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 PM

4,258 posts, read 2,743,282 times
Quote:

Rave on, boys and girls!

I'm pleased that an elitist clique and their legion of juvenile dupes lost a great deal of power -- nothing more. I revere my nation for its Constitution and a history of rule based upon principle and precedent rather than force; and I view religion, like sexuality, as a purely private matter.
Boys and girls implies that you think what you are responding to is juvenile, correct? Yet on your next point you basically say is ok because trump wants to troll the left but that's not juvenile? Not to mention he.is supposed to president of the us not the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies