Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I'm just curious, how many dictators have Jimmy Kimmel lived under? What makes him qualified to make that statement.

How many presidents has Trump lived under? What makes him qualified to say he could be the 2nd most presidential of them all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Doesn't Jimmy have a lion to cry about.

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
It is such a shame that we live in a time where all we hear about is standing up to bullies. And yet, the PC crowd who is so worried about hurtful language and actions are the nastiest people I have ever encountered. The comments about Trump, besides being tiresome, are cruel and have persisted for so long that I have to wonder about the mental condition of a good part of the population. I despised the last president and felt that this country was never more in danger than when Obama was in office. He makes me ill but you know, he was the president of the United States and as you notice, as appalled as many people were, the man served his two terms and people stifled themselves on many occasions. Even as he eviscerated the Constitution. Yet there are so many people out there that are behaving in a manner that is beyond disrespectful - that reeks of the absolute worst, vile attacks on anyone I have ever seen, including the President's family, down to his youngest child. I would be so ashamed of myself if I ever treated anyone in the manner that you are treating the President of the United States. Vile, absolutely vile. Such hypocrites. Cut the public service announcements about standing up if you see bullying and slap yourself instead. Your rhetoric demeans this nation and invites true dictators and egomaniacs like that fool in North Korea to grow more aggressive.
Yeah, but...

Your fears of Obama were wildly exaggerated (I won't jump to any conclusions as to why), as were the reactions of most of the hard right and right wing infotainment personalities. Raising taxes a percentage point was "tyrannical", opening up Cuba was "evil, tyrannical".

It's pathetic to see people in right wing media and the fools/lemmings who follow them complaining about the unfair treatment Trump has received when they dished out for eight years based on little or no ACTUAL POLICY, only their personal disdain for Obama..again, for reasons that are fairly obvious. You reap what you sew. But the truth is, Trump deserves scrutiny.

I watch the clip of Trump saying "I think you know what I mean" this morning, and it's sad how inept this guy is at delivering a message that sounds like he isn't in 6th grade, this whole John Wayne/wannabe Reagan act is embarrassing.

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's sad when grown-ups use words they don't understand. So sad.
Indeed.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
It is such a shame that we live in a time where all we hear about is standing up to bullies. And yet, the PC crowd who is so worried about hurtful language and actions are the nastiest people I have ever encountered. The comments about Trump, besides being tiresome, are cruel and have persisted for so long that I have to wonder about the mental condition of a good part of the population. I despised the last president and felt that this country was never more in danger than when Obama was in office. He makes me ill but you know, he was the president of the United States and as you notice, as appalled as many people were, the man served his two terms and people stifled themselves on many occasions. Even as he eviscerated the Constitution. Yet there are so many people out there that are behaving in a manner that is beyond disrespectful - that reeks of the absolute worst, vile attacks on anyone I have ever seen, including the President's family, down to his youngest child. I would be so ashamed of myself if I ever treated anyone in the manner that you are treating the President of the United States. Vile, absolutely vile. Such hypocrites. Cut the public service announcements about standing up if you see bullying and slap yourself instead. Your rhetoric demeans this nation and invites true dictators and egomaniacs like that fool in North Korea to grow more aggressive.
Trump brought this on himself. During his campaign, he didn't have to engage in brutal dehumanizing of others (i.e. "telling it like it is" to the testosterone-intoxicated base's collective minds).
His severe slamming of the press (even Reagan and Bush Jr didn't slam the press that badly). Were I of the right-wing macho mindset, I'd tell you "Suck it up and don't be a crybaby, buttercup". But because I'm not a right-wing macho type, I'll simply say that Obamunism keep telling the liberal/progressives the same thing when the latter defend Obama. Turnabout's fair play, so they say.

OR, here's an even better idea - both sides back off the nasty rhetoric. It's damaging our political culture worse than any government policy or controversial socio-cultural issue can ever accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm not sure he is a Dictator yet, but let me say this, Trumpees. If he starts suggesting you all move to some jungle village named TRUMP TOWN, run for the hills, and whatever you do, do not drink the Kool Aid !
He may not be a dictator, but he's definitely got the personal inclinations of a dictator. I'm sure our Constitution and institutions can withstand a Trump. That still doesn't change anything I said

Old 08-12-2017, 08:42 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Jimmy aint that bad
But he's getting worse by the day. I think that last hinge pin is about to fall out anytime now.

CN

Old 08-12-2017, 08:51 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How many presidents has Trump lived under? What makes him qualified to say he could be the 2nd most presidential of them all?
Trump has lived under more US elected presidents than Kimmel has lived under dictatorships. So my guess would be that Trump is qualified to at least make that comment.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:51 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Actors, entertainers are professional liars. They ACT. They Lie, They Cheat, They do illicit drugs.
And people love em.
Stop watching TV, life is better

Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Trump has lived under more US elected presidents than Kimmel has lived under dictatorships. So my guess would be that Trump is qualified to at least make that comment.
He hasn't lived under all he compares himself with so no, I don't believe he's qualified at all.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:02 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://pjmedia.com/video/jimmy-kimm...niac-dictator/

is Trump really a dictator? Or this an overreaction and an insult to people who are under real dictators?
Kimmel would be imprisoned if trump was a dictator.

You want a dictatorial regime?

If kimmel said something disparaging about obama he would be called a racist and lose his job.

Obama's DOJ heads falsifies a warrant with no consequence, DOJ head meets with spouse of person under investigation with no consequence, turn in names of friends who oppose obamacare and report them to whitehouse.gov. 'no we are not spying on the american people or collecting data'....oops! Lies about a video and the media covers for him is the definitive behavior of a dictator.

So 8 years of a dictatorship and kimmel still gets it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies