U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

4,496 posts, read 2,209,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
So you go to a liberal institution for brainwashing, which doesn't teach many valuable job skills. Once you graduate, you'll be lucky to land a job at Starbucks. And if you have some debt, good luck trying to pay it off. Brilliantly summed up in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJXi6IXWyI

Sounds to me like you're every bit as brainwashed as you claim college graduates are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

3,669 posts, read 1,338,341 times
I keep hearing about these liberal college professors. I went to a very liberal Ivy and never heard one political word from any of my professors. I think a lot of people have a warped idea about what goes on in these classrooms. Where are they getting these ideas?

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

26,300 posts, read 15,838,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I keep hearing about these liberal college professors. I went to a very liberal Ivy and never heard one political word from any of my professors. I think a lot of people have a warped idea about what goes on in these classrooms. Where are they getting these ideas?
From those who would prefer citizens do not use critical thinking.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

7,026 posts, read 1,556,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ahhhh, no. Today colleges are a continuation of the liberal/progressive INDOCTRINATION that education has become. They are churning out good, little Communists now. And I have two degrees, btw, and saw this happening even in the 80's. Also, due to government lending practices, tuition has become a JOKE, and student loan debt is horrendous. Unless you are getting a marketable degree like engineering, business, finance, science, etc go to trade school instead, or be happy working as a "barista", and get some dreads, and tats too.
Ahhh, the kool/aid population is heard from.

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

35,784 posts, read 26,957,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because 90% of the staff are liberal, and conservatives (staff and students) are persecuted, in some cases, violently. Conservatives would get fired, expelled, graded lower or beaten.

This is not rocket science.
Most students / faculty do not engage in social justice issues and that includes UCLA- Berkeley.

Some students/ faculty have historically engaged in activism. Student movements in favor of Civil rights and anti- Viet Nam were huge issues that contributed to change. Nonetheless, most students/ faculty did not engage.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Those who lack the discipline to obtain a college degree are the ones who criticize college educations.
So you are saying that the republicans ,they are the ones doing it(criticizing),lack discipline to even go to college?

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM

[quote=middle-aged mom;49162552]Most students / faculty do not engage in social justice issues and that includes UCLA- Berkeley.

But it sounds better when we expand on a "fabrication" does it not?

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM

Here is one group that is against pursuing a college education:

Quote:
Jehovah’s Witnesses are advised against pursuing a higher education, with the Watchtower regularly providing warnings that attending university is an improper use of time in these last days.
The outcome of these warnings is that Jehovah’s Witnesses have amongst the lowest average education and income levels of any religion in the United States, as shown in independent studies, such as the U.S. Religious Landscape Survey 2008 by the Pew Forum.
https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/h...university.php

Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So you are saying that the republicans ,they are the ones doing it(criticizing),lack discipline to even go to college?
The world is not either black or white. Nor is the world composed of only conservatives/republicans and liberals/democrats.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

11,708 posts, read 6,449,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is one group that is against pursuing a college education:

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/h...university.php
That's fascinating. The one Witness I know fairly well has a degree in EE and is preparing to send his oldest off to college next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies