U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:36 AM

8,485 posts, read 8,949,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
The term "redneck" comes from poor white farmers who had to work over 13 hours a day in the field hunched over exposing their necks to the sun.

Why do leftists believe that being a white working class man who works hard to provide for his family is something that can be used to insult someone?
Honestly, I'm sure you've been around them and dealt with their venom long enough to know the answer to this.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:38 AM

16,163 posts, read 6,260,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Why do righties go through such mental gymnastics to get outraged?
What perplexes me is why they need 10 separate disingenuous threads to express their hatred and fear of liberals and the left?

Couldn't they get it all out in one thread? How about a sticky?

Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM

2,217 posts, read 1,304,286 times
Quote:
The term "redneck" comes from poor white farmers who had to work over 13 hours a day in the field hunched over exposing their necks to the sun.

Why do leftists believe that being a white working class man who works hard to provide for his family is something that can be used to insult someone?

'Cause I'm redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my rasin'
And I say "hey y'all" and "Yee Haw"
And I keep my Christmas lights on my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me give a big "Hell Yea" from the redneck girls like me
Hell yeah

https://youtu.be/82dDnv9zeLs

Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 AM

8,292 posts, read 4,174,541 times
Over the years redneck has kind of morphed into having a meaning similar to white trash.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 AM

2,804 posts, read 692,334 times
Quote:

Not all do, Don. I'm a liberal and consider myself a high tech redneck. I say this with no shame at all. I'm proud of growing up a farm girl. Rock your roots. My Grandpa used to say "poor people have poor ways", that has nothing to do with money. Some who speak derisively of those of us who are rednecks just don't know any better. That we are more than a stereotype. Farmers who grow the food to feed our country, truck drivers who deliver goods to be bought and sold. And so many other professions. Some who speak derisively don't care to know, or want to get to know a redneck. Some people are just jerks. Ignore them and just be you.

Also, not all rednecks are white, believe it or not.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:56 AM

2,217 posts, read 1,304,286 times
thread fail

Old 08-12-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
To me, Redneck means uneducated, unsophisticated, not very smart, driving an old pickup with a couple of dogs in the back,
I'm very educated. I love learning new things. I'm also very intelligent. I don't have a pickup, or dogs. Still a redneck.

Quote:
and they refuse to accept any views other than their own very narrow opinion of how things are.
My 'views' vary wildly. They'd only be considered 'narrow' by a fool who doesn't know any better.

Quote:
I see them all the time, generally with a bumper sticker that reads "Lock her up !"
Don't want to see her locked up.

Quote:
The world sure would be dull without them though.
We don't exist to entertain you. Buy a coloring book.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That was in the past. Now in 2017, all one needs to do to be called a redneck is to be white and live south of the Mason Dixon line or the traditional border between North and South.
The left have come a long way.....
I have to move?? AGAIN?! (expletive laden rant follows and is censored)

Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM

4,119 posts, read 1,667,396 times
I've lived in Virginia including southern as well as northern. The only people I ever heard use the term redneck were other rednecks.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:13 AM

12,705 posts, read 9,779,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Been called a redneck, cracker, white boy. None of it bothered me. Consider the source of who is throwing out those names.
Same thing goes for ignorant people using the N word.
Lol yea. Gotta consider the source. I was once insulted by being called a "redneck cowboy f***". This coming from some toothless meth maggot who had almost ran over my son and my brothers kids burning by on the dirt road in a drunken drugged up stupor. Wel, all my "redneck cowboy f***" buddies and I pulled him and his equally quality pall out of their rig, threw them a bear down worthy of Hollywood, and called the deputies who hauled them away for DUI and recess driving. They were convicted of such on our testimony as well.

We "rrednecks" might hold a stereotype of being uneducated, ignorant backwater buffoons, by gated community dwelling, purse puppy packing, "enlightened" bongo bangers, but we take care of our own. And our word still carries enough clout with rural judges to get us a pass for stomping a mud hole in some meth maggots.

Had this incident happened on some city street we probably would have been arrested with these worthless bakers. As it was we knew the cops, and the judge, our deep roots in the area and our reputation as hard working, law abiding self employed citizens put two baked noodle varmints behind bars, and the beating we threw them was considered SOP. Their tire tracks going across my front lawn and the presence of our youngsters told the deputies all they needed to know.

None of us are uneducated, inarticulate, beer swilling sods. We may look a bit rough at times. Our hats have generous lines sweated in them, our jeans can stand up and walk off on their own at times, our boots have horse and cow s*** on them and we've been beat up by critters that outweigh us by 1000 pounds. A couple BBQd meth heads who disrupted our peaceful cookout and almost ran down our kids aying in my own yard because they couldn't keep it on the road and we're playing Dukes of Hazzard didn't stand a chance.

Some may have looked at that pair of flea bit varmints and called them rednecks. I beg to differ. T shirts with sliced off sleeves, greasy unkempt hair that hadn't seen scissors let alone shampoo in quite a spell, a smell of alcohol on them that would knock you over if you were upwind, jaws working back and forth and up and down dancing to the meth they had obviously indulged in. Well the "redneck cowboy f****" took out the trash.

We might look a bit frayed around d the edges at times, our cowboy hats are an individual statement of who we are in addition to a piece of utility, the hats alone get us labeled as rednecks when we go to the city, and the boots pretty much seal the deal. But there again, gotta consider the source. The same people who stereotype us as ignorant and uneducated, judging by how we look and waving their college degrees around as a licence for a pompous and elitist attitude are just showcasing their hypocrisy and own blatant ignorance.

Yep, I'm a redneck. Cowboy, country boy s***kicker and I'm proud as a peacock to be so. I am not offended by the term, and I've certainly been called worse by better when the word is used as a pejorative by some. Truly one must consider the source when stereotypical descriptive get tossed out. When someone calls me a redneck, it's pretty easy to just say "Thanks" and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies