U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 AM

2,445 posts, read 599,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum View Post
tell this boy that. He may disagree with the second sentence. (language may not be safe for work or kids)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmzhnmqotw
oh my god i love that guy!!!

Old 08-12-2017, 10:16 AM

32,490 posts, read 29,456,572 times
Can't complain. I call coastal white collar urban liberals "smug effete finger-wagging totalitarian peacocks."

Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 AM

2,445 posts, read 599,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol yea. Gotta consider the source. I was once insulted by being called a "redneck cowboy f***". This coming from some toothless meth maggot who had almost ran over my son and my brothers kids burning by on the dirt road in a drunken drugged up stupor. Wel, all my "redneck cowboy f***" buddies and I pulled him and his equally quality pall out of their rig, threw them a bear down worthy of Hollywood, and called the deputies who hauled them away for DUI and recess driving. They were convicted of such on our testimony as well.

We "rrednecks" might hold a stereotype of being uneducated, ignorant backwater buffoons, by gated community dwelling, purse puppy packing, "enlightened" bongo bangers, but we take care of our own. And our word still carries enough clout with rural judges to get us a pass for stomping a mud hole in some meth maggots.

Had this incident happened on some city street we probably would have been arrested with these worthless bakers. As it was we knew the cops, and the judge, our deep roots in the area and our reputation as hard working, law abiding self employed citizens put two baked noodle varmints behind bars, and the beating we threw them was considered SOP. Their tire tracks going across my front lawn and the presence of our youngsters told the deputies all they needed to know.

None of us are uneducated, inarticulate, beer swilling sods. We may look a bit rough at times. Our hats have generous lines sweated in them, our jeans can stand up and walk off on their own at times, our boots have horse and cow s*** on them and we've been beat up by critters that outweigh us by 1000 pounds. A couple BBQd meth heads who disrupted our peaceful cookout and almost ran down our kids aying in my own yard because they couldn't keep it on the road and we're playing Dukes of Hazzard didn't stand a chance.

Some may have looked at that pair of flea bit varmints and called them rednecks. I beg to differ. T shirts with sliced off sleeves, greasy unkempt hair that hadn't seen scissors let alone shampoo in quite a spell, a smell of alcohol on them that would knock you over if you were upwind, jaws working back and forth and up and down dancing to the meth they had obviously indulged in. Well the "redneck cowboy f****" took out the trash.

We might look a bit frayed around d the edges at times, our cowboy hats are an individual statement of who we are in addition to a piece of utility, the hats alone get us labeled as rednecks when we go to the city, and the boots pretty much seal the deal. But there again, gotta consider the source. The same people who stereotype us as ignorant and uneducated, judging by how we look and waving their college degrees around as a licence for a pompous and elitist attitude are just showcasing their hypocrisy and own blatant ignorance.

Yep, I'm a redneck. Cowboy, country boy s***kicker and I'm proud as a peacock to be so. I am not offended by the term, and I've certainly been called worse by better when the word is used as a pejorative by some. Truly one must consider the source when stereotypical descriptive get tossed out. When someone calls me a redneck, it's pretty easy to just say "Thanks" and move on.
Thank you. What an awesome post.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

3,950 posts, read 1,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I grew up in southern Alabama. Redneck was a term of affection.
Then you're an "LA Woman."

Lower Alabama .

Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM

20,415 posts, read 10,549,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Redneck" often times refers to someone's education, they being a laborer, poorly educated, and who is often easily misled, usually by the people they vote for (almost exclusively Republicans).

In this context it is used as a pejorative.
If we're gonna go there: that kind of "Redneck" can also be an inner city Black hood rat.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM

739 posts, read 297,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Bullies are cowards.

They always make fun of Christians too, they will never make fun of the Muslims for the same reason. (safety)
Believe me, I do make fun of LITERAL FUNDAMENTALISTS wherever they come from : christians, muslims, jw, hindus, buddhists, don't get me started on scientologists, etc, well not OF them, because it makes me rather sad actually that they are so brainwashed, but of their beliefs, no limits to stop idiocy.

As for not muslims ? Charlie, anyone?

Not a coward, always am true to my ideas (and knowledge about religious books also, I come a long way in that definition) so anywhere, face to face or not if stupid things are brought around in a conversation and JUDGE me or even worse, people I love, you will hear it. Very lucky it never happens in my country (well, once in my 40's lifetime, I did get to it. He thought it great, we laughed a lot when I pointed at discrepancies, so probably not a fundie ),

I don't do it agressively, no need to, ideas conversed are often so silly. Can't imagine the life of an educated, rationalist person in your country. I once ( mentionned the anecdote on this forum, I believe ) was baffled by a southern b&b host and his priorities, but it would have been very disrespectful for me to say ANYTHING, he didn't invade with persuasion. Why would I do such?

I will just not accept letting stupid/ignorant at best ideas being spread with an agenda without at least responding to them with FACTS. Facts never refuted in any best way, when you get down to the bottom, than "faith is more than facts, it's what god wants you to do, have faith". Okay, then, every religion does that, by the way .....

Mind you, I'm talking literalists, certainly not spiritual, I quite admire them in a way. Never could understand how to have faith wihout proof, but that is personal. Good for them if they need it and don't bother the rest with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think all leftists are like this.

Some people certainly look down on blue collar workers. Common sense seems to be in short supply with them. Rather than admitting that they don't have a clue how to fix something (let alone which tool to use!) they become fixated on the fact that blue collar workers' often "need" their money to survive.

Plus, "rednecks" don't tend to care about what other people think of them so it is relatively safe to speak out against them.
Maybe, they don't read either ?

What? Too soon to laugh ?

Proud to live in a country that allows us irreverency and liberty to bash EVERY religion, just because that is what they are. Not spiritual, not better, just organized movements that keep people in toe.

Last edited by personne; 08-12-2017 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 10:50 AM

49,494 posts, read 24,941,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
The term "redneck" comes from poor white farmers who had to work over 13 hours a day in the field hunched over exposing their necks to the sun.

Why do leftists believe that being a white working class man who works hard to provide for his family is something that can be used to insult someone?

They think it is a derogatory term.... I guess if they got called a Redneck.

Rednecks, wear it like a badge of honor.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:51 AM

12,400 posts, read 6,764,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
The term "redneck" comes from poor white farmers who had to work over 13 hours a day in the field hunched over exposing their necks to the sun.

Why do leftists believe that being a white working class man who works hard to provide for his family is something that can be used to insult someone?
It may pre-date your explanation. Covenenters, aka Presbyterians, wore red kerchiefs as early as the 17th century and were accordingly called rednecks, so it may have been carried over the pond by the Scottish immigrants to the Appalachian south.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:57 AM

27,882 posts, read 15,130,569 times
If you don't make fun of people, don't worry about it. This thread is obviously not about YOU.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:57 AM

739 posts, read 297,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum View Post
Tell this boy that. He may disagree with the second sentence. (Language may not be safe for work or kids)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbMzHnMqotw
Great video !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies