U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

11,572 posts, read 5,818,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
I'm not even talking about racism towards me.

I'm a minority, and unsurprisingly, I get a lot of huff on here from liberals for my conservative views. However, since I'm an obvious-looking minority, when I attend local forums and discussions and share my views, democrats listen and often respectfully answer. HOWEVER, the same can't be said for my WHITE conservative friends. They get insults and labels hurled at them, and discussions quickly escalate into arguments. I hate to say that I'm glad I'm not "white," but the racism towards white conservatives in this country is beyond racial profiling. It's downright militant sometimes.

What's going on here?
If you say blacklivesmatter, you can attack anyone that disagrees with you. If you say whitelivesmatter, you have to defend yourself against those that don't think you have the right to say that.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 08-12-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

20,454 posts, read 10,577,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think the problem is that many don't realize that they are being racist and define it differently.

I know a self-proclaimed "tolerant" liberal teacher who point blank states that he is not tolerant of "white southerners" because as a tolerant person he can't tolerate intolerance. I tried to politely point out that not all southern whites are intolerant and it is in fact intolerance to suggest such a thing, but the point went right over his liberal head and he reiterated that tolerant people can't tolerate "white southerners." How is that not a form of racism/regional prejudice?

This same teacher supports Affirmative Action such as UofMichigan's old system of giving everybody but whites and Asians a free 20 points on admissions (for comparison you only get 12 points for a perfect ACT/SAT). He tells students that part of his support is because it increases tolerance and anti-racism. However, Affirmative Action specifically and purposefully takes away finite openings from one race to give them to another race - which by definition is a form of racism, no? A "well-meaning" racism, but racism nonetheless.

I would argue this liberal has prejudiced beliefs, but he would argue he doesn't.
Agreed.

What WOULD be a kick in the gut to many "liberals" like you talked about is telling their kind that most Hispanics AND American Indians ARE white/Asian mixed race if talking DNA.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:24 AM

4,569 posts, read 4,511,011 times
Democrats (liberal/progressives) focus on IDENTITY POLITICS of which race is a big one. They are focused on it, because they choose to be prejudice against races, and colors other than theirs. Their entire racial politics are just pure projection.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM

6,112 posts, read 8,390,425 times
Quote:

I'm a minority, and unsurprisingly, I get a lot of huff on here from liberals for my conservative views. However, since I'm an obvious-looking minority, when I attend local forums and discussions and share my views, democrats listen and often respectfully answer. HOWEVER, the same can't be said for my WHITE conservative friends. They get insults and labels hurled at them, and discussions quickly escalate into arguments. I hate to say that I'm glad I'm not "white," but the racism towards white conservatives in this country is beyond racial profiling. It's downright militant sometimes.

What's going on here?

DonJuan there are probably a thousand different reasons why people think the way they do.

One reason maybe that if a white person brings up an uncomfortable issue, say they want to reduce immigration, the automatic assumption is because they are a racist. Even if it is true or not. But if a minority person such as yourself brought up the same issue, people assume you are not a racist and instead they might stop and listen to your arguments of job competition, housing shortages and even the effects on the environment.

However I partially disagree with you, some minorities get attacked for their political beliefs if its goes against what is expected. For instance, Black-Americans who agree with conservatives or with White-Americans in general maybe labeled as "Uncle Toms".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom_syndrome

Old 08-12-2017, 11:39 AM

8,116 posts, read 5,647,308 times
Quote:

What's going on here?
But the IS racism toward you among the Democrats (liberals).

The assumption that people who are minorities - women, Black, Gay, etc.... - must be protected is also racism. In a country where discrimination is illegal and has been for many years, people who are truly viewed as equals would not need special laws and attention.

Party leaders of the DNC are either racist who believe they must always act as your big brother, or they are opportunists who make you believe that you are being treated unfairly so that you will vote for them.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Status: "Stop the world, I want to get off." (set 4 days ago)

4,605 posts, read 909,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Conservatives believe that white and black people are equal, so to them race doesn't matter. To liberals, race is a "cause", a means for exercising power. Liberals want blacks and whites to be different/unequal. It gives them something to fight and riot over. Liberals love violence and upheaval. They are miserable, loathing creatures.
What a sad assumption, that someone you have never met is a horrible person, based solely on political affiliation. There are some people on here I suspect are pretty nasty - from both sides of the aisle, btw - based on specific comments. There are also many I find lovely, including a good number of conservatives. I exchange messages with lots of people on here, and it has usually been a great experience.

Please explain to me how that is miserable and loathing.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:48 AM

4,569 posts, read 4,511,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What a sad assumption, that someone you have never met is a horrible person, based solely on political affiliation. There are some people on here I suspect are pretty nasty - from both sides of the aisle, btw - based on specific comments. There are also many I find lovely, including a good number of conservatives. I exchange messages with lots of people on here, and it has usually been a great experience.

Please explain to me how that is miserable and loathing.
I have some liberal relatives, and friends, and they are good people. We just agree to disagree. They are well meaning, and just believe in their way of thinking.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:50 AM

293 posts, read 89,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
But the IS racism toward you among the Democrats (liberals).

The assumption that people who are minorities - women, Black, Gay, etc.... - must be protected is also racism. In a country where discrimination is illegal and has been for many years, people who are truly viewed as equals would not need special laws and attention.

Party leaders of the DNC are either racist who believe they must always act as your big brother, or they are opportunists who make you believe that you are being treated unfairly so that you will vote for them.
How is that you proclaim that gays are "viewed as equals" when someone can be fired from their job for being gay in 31 states? More of your conservative logic?

Old 08-12-2017, 12:08 PM

11,354 posts, read 11,887,939 times
Many liberals feel minorities should get special privileges. If everyone is equal and the same in their eyes, than why does anyone deserve special privileges? The truth is, many liberals view some minorities as inferior, and they would like to give them equal outcomes, instead of equal opportunities, to make up for this assumed handicap.

Liberal racism is backhanded and silent. But it certainly does exist in the hearts and minds of some liberals. Hate knows no political party lines.

How do I know all this? Because I talk to people, and I listen very carefully to what they say. Not all liberals are smart, or good at lying, and some spill the beans on how they really feel without hesitation.

I don't hate all liberals, but I do hate liberal hatred, every bit as much as I hate conservative hatred. I especially hate what all this hatred is doing to my country. Divide and conquer will only crush the might of people. It will never make us stronger.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Status: "Stop the world, I want to get off." (set 4 days ago)

4,605 posts, read 909,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have some liberal relatives, and friends, and they are good people. We just agree to disagree. They are well meaning, and just believe in their way of thinking.
Same here, on the flip side. This is a very red town. If I hated all conservatives, I would literally have about three people to talk to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies