U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:34 AM

795 posts, read 149,789 times

Advertisements

With the things Kimmel says about Trump why on earth would anyone think he would receive a note of any kind?

Old Today, 10:36 AM

19,475 posts, read 14,706,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
A. you trash the guy night after night, B. Then you believe your so special that a personal reach out is needed from the president.
this exactly.

Jimmy Kimmel: Trump Is an 'Ego Maniac Dictator'

Last edited by uggabugga; Today at 10:44 AM..

Old Today, 11:02 AM

14,415 posts, read 6,832,871 times
Default Fake News - Attacking Trump for not offering synpathy to Jimmy Kimmel

https://www.yahoo.com/style/jimmy-ki...020017518.html

Celebrity Jimmy Kimmel's son has to have 2 more serious surgeries. And 3 of 6 living presidents sent him sympathy....so enter the hit piece with this title "Jimmy Kimmel Named 3 Presidents Who Reached Out About His Son - Guess Which 1 Didn't?"

Factually THREE didn't. Carter, Bush Sr., and Trump didn't. The article just points out that Trump didn't, while Clinton, Bush, and Obama did.

Isn't there enough real scandal to attack rather than Fake News like this?

Trump wastes enough of his time on twitter, is he suppose to waste time calling all celebrities about their personal/family problems? What about old celebrities from past decades that are largely forgotten? Should he call every normal citizen about problems like you and me?

Will this same author, Kelsey Garcia, mention that Trump has called soldier's families that have died overseas? Not yet anyways. Yet, I am suppose to be disgusted that he didn't call a celebrity.

Doesn't this fake outrage/fake news actually help Trump as it takes the focus off of real issues and most people see through how fake and petty this is anyways?

Old Today, 11:31 AM

23,768 posts, read 10,408,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Poor Jimmy, so one president didn't reach out. Whoop dee doo, what makes him so special, hundreds of millions of Americans never received any personal messages or greetings from any president.

So, Kimmel believes that the POTUS should be spending every moment reaching out to people who have endured tragedy?

Of course not, he believes he is special and elite and that he deserves the attention of the President.

Quite the ego.

Old Today, 11:47 AM

3,497 posts, read 1,053,988 times
How sad that Kimmel feels the need to politicize the grave illness of his son. I don't watch any of the 3 late night hosts, but if this story is true, he's trying to ratchet up the hate to equal that of Colbert, apparently.

Old Today, 11:47 AM

5,855 posts, read 2,675,692 times
Who cares, and who does Kimmel think he is, the head of state of a country to expect American presidents to write to him?

My uncle died this week, and I didn't receive (nor expect to) any presidential correspondence. Also, and correct me if I am wrong, but ins't Kimmel a big critic of Trump?
If so, why would he expect someone he trashes on a regular basis to communicate with him?

Old Today, 11:54 AM

1,434 posts, read 493,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Poor Jimmy, so one president didn't reach out. Whoop dee doo, what makes him so special, hundreds of millions of Americans never received any personal messages or greetings from any president.

Bet he would have reached out to Sean Hannity!

Old Today, 11:56 AM

11,164 posts, read 13,332,505 times
Fake News means 1) It's Fake and 2) It's News.

#1) What is fake? Is it incorrect information? Is it wrong? If it's not wrong, then it's not fake.

#2) The link is from PopSugar. That's not news. It's a celebrity and pop culture focused web site. Their goal is to get people to their web site.

Old Today, 11:57 AM

31,400 posts, read 10,717,208 times
Would this be the Jimmy Kimmell who makes a great deal of money attacking Trump?

I'd say that Trump shouldn't waste his time thinking about him.

Old Today, 12:08 PM

14,226 posts, read 7,627,513 times
Don't get worked up over an effective click bait title.

Jimmy Kimmel Named 3 Presidents Who Reached Out About His Son - Guess Which 1 Didn't?
You won't believe how these 9 shocking clickbaits work!
THESE 7 WEIRD TRICKS FOR CLICKBAIT TITLES WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
You won't believe the lengths this Hobbit went through to return a piece of jewelery!

Kimmel was asked a question about Obama's public tweet and asked who else showed support. He responded with "President Clinton sent a letter. President [George W.] Bush sent a very nice letter. A number of congresspeople sent notes," That's it. The source of your outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies