U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 01:08 PM

9,192 posts, read 7,056,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Fake News means 1) It's Fake and 2) It's News.

#1) What is fake? Is it incorrect information? Is it wrong? If it's not wrong, then it's not fake.

#2) The link is from PopSugar. That's not news. It's a celebrity and pop culture focused web site. Their goal is to get people to their web site.
Yes- its false. the thread title implicated Trump AS THE ONLY 1 who didnt call. That was not true.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM

11,632 posts, read 3,956,916 times
Kimmel's son's plight is no different than all others with the same ailments. Kimmel is not entitled to better treatment than their parents.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:20 PM

14,245 posts, read 9,530,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The words class and Trump should never be used in the same sentence !
Yep, ssa without the cl is reserved for obama as he looks in the mirror to preen.

The guy who bankrolled the greatest terrorist nation to the tune of 150 B has a lot of class! So much for some people's idea of class.

Were there any other celbes with ailing children that did not get a sympathy note from Trump?

Let's list them. Left column, celebs name, 2nd column, name of pathology, third column-indicate if note sent by XP1, XP2, XP3, XP4, XP5 and Trump. Talley the individual XPs and see if they singulary or cumulatively are greater than the sum for Trump.

Trump has made many personal sympathy calls in situation obama did not.

Trump called a relative who lost a son who was a Trump supporter, invited them to the inaguration. they were no family of reknown, just average everyday folks who had an interaction with Trump at a rally. Remember Trump handing a 10k check to a guy whose dad was afflicted witha terminal disease?

Trump has class, problem is never trumpers refuse to recognize it.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:31 PM

16,140 posts, read 6,235,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Is it the President Kimmel attacks every night?
It is only an 'attack' to those with no sense of humor. He made jokes about the last president as well. In fact, comics have always made jokes about the president, going back decades and decades. They all took it in stride and with a laugh.

Until Trump. Nobody is supposed to make jokes about Trump because he (and apparently his following) are offended by humor. I think they are the ones calling others 'snowflakes.' I don't think anyone is allowed to make jokes about Putin or Kim Jong un, in their countries...

Old 08-12-2017, 01:31 PM

23,286 posts, read 12,730,029 times
I'll take "fringe celebrities who politicize the illness of their child" for $100, alex

Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM

289 posts, read 56,694 times
It would take a Hollywood drama king in the form of Jimmy Kimmel to pull a stunt like this one. Talk about not having anything dear in your life that is precious enough to not use as a prop for your own political views. That prop is Jimmy Kimmel's son and what he did was disgusting. Sort of like what a male Lena Dunham would do to gain attention.

Takeaway is that Hollywood types will offer up just about anything in their lives to gain publicity and push their liberal agenda.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:35 PM

6,745 posts, read 1,900,960 times
Hard to believe I use to like Jimmy Kimmel. Then he had to push his goofy politics.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:37 PM

14,534 posts, read 8,074,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
It would take a Hollywood drama king in the form of Jimmy Kimmel to pull a stunt like this one. Talk about not having anything dear in your life that is precious enough to not use as a prop for your own political views. That prop is Jimmy Kimmel's son and what he did was disgusting. Sort of like what a male Lena Dunham would do to gain attention.

Takeaway is that Hollywood types will offer up just about anything in their lives to gain publicity and push their liberal agenda.
You fell for a click-bait headline. Kimmel DID NOT politicize this, read the article. Kimmel was asked a question about Obama's public tweet and asked who else showed support. He responded with "President Clinton sent a letter. President [George W.] Bush sent a very nice letter. A number of congresspeople sent notes," That's it. The source of your outrage.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:43 PM

3,852 posts, read 1,513,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can't pile on a man when he has a baby son with this issue.
I feel bad about his son but on more than one occasion he has tried to make a political issue out of it. I'll cut him a little slack but if he keeps at it, I'd say it's kind of a low thing to do.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 PM

4,108 posts, read 1,654,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All I will say is I think it's sad that he had to bring his own personal tragedy into his daily bashing of the president. It shows just how unhinged and lacking perspective too many left wingers have become.

Just try to imagine Johnny Carson bringing anything personal into his show.
He was talking about healthcare...the sort of healthcare the GOP wants to deny families. Kimmel didn't blame trump, he blamed CONGRESS for not getting a decent healthcare plan together. Watch the clip, then comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies