Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 02:16 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Right there with you but then you had to go and make this a southern issue.
Please don't do that.
I'm sorry . But as a born and raised Northerner who has lived in the south as well, I see the hatred brewing. The Civil War was LOST by the south. That history cannot be changed. We are the only country who allows traitors to be turned into saints and heros. I keep hearing about all this PC stuff yet we on the left can't speak truth to bigotry and Injustice..... There are ways to undermine the growing Alt Right movement without violence..... I get your point as well....

Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Right there with you but then you had to go and make this a southern issue.
Please don't do that.
How can today's events not be characterized as a southern issue when the impetus for the entire tragedy was about removing a statue of Robert E. Lee?

Old 08-13-2017, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
That is a northern fantasy. I know several transplants from New York and New England. All of them came here to escape the insanity up there, they came here because it's conservative and religious, many of them are adding to the redness of the south. Only beachfront places is there a liberal change to politics, the rest of the south is quite "solid".
For now. 😆. Better keep all those immigrants out.... Better yet. Take down the statues of Gen Lee and Keep David Duke on a tight leash. He isn't doing you right wingers any favors.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
The confederate flag stands for states rights, it stands for southern culture and history and it stands for our modern defiance of political correctness. ...
Get real.

The Confederate flag is the battle flag of traitors.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:21 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
For now. 😆. Better keep all those immigrants out.... Better yet. Take down the statues of Gen Lee and Keep David Duke on a tight leash. He isn't doing you right wingers any favors.
We do not support trash like David duke, conservatives are not racists. I will continue to advocate for our history to be preserved, Robert E Lee is a military hero. Lee I respect immensely, David duke is a clown.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
David Duke's got Trump's back. To quote, from Duke's speech at the Charlottesville rally on Saturday:

"“We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

Ex-KKK Leader David Duke Says White Supremacists Will 'Fulfill' Trump's Promises | HuffPost

Old 08-13-2017, 02:22 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Get real.

The Confederate flag is the battle flag of traitors.
What you call traitors I call southern patriots.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How can today's events not be characterized as a southern issue when the impetus for the entire tragedy was about removing a statue of Robert E. Lee?
I get her point. It's about stooping to their level. It's not an issue of where somebody lives. It's an issue about an old failed way of life and values. There is no room in modern America for Jim Crow, Slavery, anti-Semitism , homophobia and Religious intolerance . Period. Those that long for the good old days are going to have issues in today's world. Let's hope they don't turn into terrorists .

Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
We do not support trash like David duke, conservatives are not racists. I will continue to advocate for our history to be preserved, Robert E Lee is a military hero. Lee I respect immensely, David duke is a clown.
Robert E. Lee was a traitor who fought against the United States.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:30 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Robert E. Lee was a traitor who fought against the United States.
Lee graduated from West Point and took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and the United States of America.

He was a traitor.

Statues of Lee belong in museums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies