Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
The statue/sculpture of Robert Lee is listed on National Register of Historical Places. It should be treated as a part of History only. One cannot eradicate History by removing any statue. If you remove one, there will be call to remove hundreds of stuff from National Register of Historical Places.
I am a leftist myself but one should preserve History, not change or eradicate things from the past.
Let it be there and learn from History that such things do not happen in future instead of worshipping or removing the sculptures.

Removing history, so they can put you through that again.

Remove it, and you are doomed to repeat it.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:37 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
just being there huh? With their lit torches carrying shield and a variety of other weapons, surrounding a church, no big deal..that happens every day all over the US, it's just a nothing burger, the parishioners should have known that "boys will be boys" and ignored it.
Are you a teenager? How is this hard to grasp? The Alt Righties had a permit, the lit torches were ceremonial as silly as they were. There were people who brought shields and weapons KNOWING that Anti FA and BLM were probably going to show up and instigate violence. And they did.

The unlawful assembly at the church was broken up by the cops. The rule of law prevailed.

What you don't get is that in this country you have the right to assemble, you have the right to free speech as long as everything is legal.

What part of that are you missing?

Old 08-13-2017, 08:37 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Looks like the folks of pol/4chan founded more about the driver of that Challenger.
http://archive.is/QMMyV
Try to keep up...that is not the guy who did this. This is who did it:

https://twitter.com/LorenzoMeow/stat...61497110978561

Old 08-13-2017, 08:39 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Are you a teenager? How is this hard to grasp? The Alt Righties had a permit, the lit torches were ceremonial as silly as they were. There were people who brought shields and weapons KNOWING that Anti FA and BLM were probably going to show up and instigate violence. And they did.

The unlawful assembly at the church was broken up by the cops. The rule of law prevailed.

What you don't get is that in this country you have the right to assemble, you have the right to free speech as long as everything is legal.

What part of that are you missing?
Am I a teenager? I wish, I'm 70 years old They violated their permit when they surrounded the church. If you want a peaceful demonstration you don't intimidate innocent people with burning torches or come dressed for a war. Their right to assemble ended when people could not leave that church because they were afraid for their lives.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Looks like the folks of pol/4chan founded more about the driver of that Challenger.
http://archive.is/QMMyV
Please stop spreading lies. We know who the driver was - he's been arrested. We know his name; his family's name; and why he was there.

He was a white nationalist Trump supporter.

Educate yourself please.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Denial - you are in it.

Anyone watching the tapes of the protest can see that it was heated. However one side is for racism, hate, inequality and the other side - well not to belabor the obvious, but they are AGAINST Raciscm, Hatred, inequality. The Alt-Righters were chantting Nazi slogans and spewing insults. You can watch numerous members leave the march to engage in fights - not defensive fights. They came to cause trouble and they got it. Now they are poor protesters being denied their rights ?

Same message to you and to President Trump - call a spade a spade - Alex Fields is with Vanguard America - a hate group. He mowed down innocent people not involved with any confrontation marching blocks away.
Reason it out. It doesn't matter if one side is for racism and the other is for anti-racism. The Alt Righters can spew insults and throw their Nazi salutes all they want. They had the permit to legally be there and spew their hate. The fighting didn't start until the AntiFA and BLM got there and watching a random video won't tell you much because the Alt Righters probably started engaging in fights once the fighting had already started.

Most reports on the ground say the AntiFA and BLM threw the first punch.

Just give it up. I don't get why it's hard to reason out that both sides were to blame for this mess.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Reason it out. It doesn't matter if one side is for racism and the other is for anti-racism. The Alt Righters can spew insults and throw their Nazi salutes all they want. They had the permit to legally be there and spew their hate. The fighting didn't start until the AntiFA and BLM got there and watching a random video won't tell you much because the Alt Righters probably started engaging in fights once the fighting had already started.

Most reports on the ground say the AntiFA and BLM threw the first punch.

Just give it up. I don't get why it's hard to reason out that both sides were to blame for this mess.
It does matter. The first amendment isn't unfettered. One can't scream 'FIRE" in a crowded theater, etc.

Screaming racial epithets and anti-semitic remarks was clearly meant to intimidate and incite violence.

Just give it up. Your reasoning is one-sided.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
No, this is why you people get laughed at because you cannot even reason things out correctly. What you just wrote was a bunch of garbled nonsense.

These Alt Right nutters could've dressed up in full military gear and anything that was legally permissible. They had the the permits, they had the right and protection of the city to peacefully assemble.

The cops broke up the unlawful assembly around the church so the rule of law prevailed in that instance.

In the counter protest were a bunch of emotionally unstable Anti-FA and BLM supporters who couldn't control their outrage at the sight of Nazi flags and racist chants and decided to act out their aggression.

What you're saying is that the counter protest violence against these Nazis was justified simply for the fact that they were brandishing their flags and chanting their little slogans. What you are saying is that they deserved everything they got, not for actually committing any violence, but simply existing.

Had the violence from some of the counter protesters not escalated from people who were probably itching for a fight, none of this would've made the evening news. It would've been a rally for Nazis and that's it.

Had ANTI FA and BLM stayed home and let the cops do their job to control the situation, a lunatic Alt Righter would not have done what he did.

The violence was committed by BOTH sides. Get all emotional if you want but those are the FACTS.
You realize if they admit what you wrote it'd destroy the narrative...

Old 08-13-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Am I a teenager? I wish, I'm 70 years old They violated their permit when they surrounded the church. If you want a peaceful demonstration you don't intimidate innocent people with burning torches or come dressed for a war. Their right to assemble ended when people could not leave that church because they were afraid for their lives.
After 70 years you can't reason things out correctly? Even worse.

The cops stopped the unlawful assembly and moved those folks back to the correct area. The rule of law prevailed. It's that simple. That is how it's done.

Their right to assemble ended when they surrounded the church? How does that make logical sense? Are you saying that once they surrounded the church that their permit was null and void and it's open season to punch a Nazi? Are you saying it was alright to commit assault on people after the police controlled the situation?

Old 08-13-2017, 08:45 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
I don't like any group claiming to be better than the other.
I don't like when politicians tell me I have to like another group.
I don't like ideals and laws putting down one group to raise another.

For years there has been here and there racism against whites. In the movies blacks and Latinos could make racist remarks about whites and got away with it.
Now we see in our schools and colleges being taught to whites to be aware of your whiteness and white priveledge.
Whites are not getting into colleges with high scores and spots are given to others with low scores , racial equity.
Whites are not getting a job they are qualified for, racial equity.

Alot of bad things happened to blacks in our history.
Alot of blacks and whites fought and some had their lives taken to stop the racial issues with blacks.
Now the blacks are wanting to put whites into the same position from that part of bad history.

If there are a group of people who want to peacefully protest to speak out, okay.
The one for all and all for one.
In this case whites wanted to speak out.
In other cases blacks have spoken out, and most currently in the form of Black Lives Matters.
Who are th blacks to speak out about the whites speaking up when they think they can have a BLM organization?

I am not a fan of protests, period.
But one group believing they can protest, but then think no other group can is wrong.

Having a permit to protest, and another group come is, that group coming in are wrong and bullies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies