Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 11:29 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I can't beieve people are being killed over a statue, surely there should be some open debate and compromise.

As for the nationalists whey all seemed to be wearing helmets and resembled something akin to that crappy Black Widows Biker Gang from the old Clint Eastwood movie 'Any Which Way But Loose'.
Love that movie!

"Right turn, Clyde!"

Old 08-13-2017, 11:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Our pastor referenced this in church today. It ate at me the entire service. I caught him after the service and told him something was bothering me.

I told him that the KKK should be condemned but in the big picture they were harmless if you ignored them. That what was bothering me is the fact that we as a nation and I pointed out me, him, the church, the state and the nation have killed tens of thousands of innocent people of color but where were the protests? We are actively doing what we claim the KKK want to do.

He agreed with me and said he thought the church was coming around. I told him I did not think so. That there are people like Franklin Graham actively encouraging it and that it bothered me that I simply can not stand him.

He told me that he no longer allows it to bother him that he can not stand Franklin Graham. I said that I was glad to know that I was not the only one.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:46 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The crowd did not attack the driver in any manner. That statement is false.
The counter protesters were not protesting the protesters freedom of speech, they are protesting their ideology(of white supremacy)
The protesters are racist bad guys, because the protesters have caused the death of a human being. That is why.
Who said the anti protestors attacked the driver. No one.

The protesters didnt cause anyone's death.
2 police died. not due to protestors.
1 anti protestor died (white woman). An idiot in a car did it. Not the protestors.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wrong. All we see here are Neo-Nazis and KK members, who have always been around. Something else. I don't see many middle class and middle upper class White males getting this upset. The Democrats don't have a White male problem. It's more like an "ignore the working class problem".

And the Republicans have plenty of anti-minority politics going on. Most of the anti-Black comments coming from politicians have come from Republicans these days. Are you going to address that? Or do you not care? If you don't care, just admit it and move on.
These neo-Nazis are despicable. They aren't accepted by us as Republicans, much less by conservatives. These Charlottesville protesters were a few people and the media wants to label them a large group of the Republican party. The alt-Right are not representative of Republicans. Period. They are racist scum of limited numbers.

I'm not going to engage in whataboutisms with you, Green. As to me being "wrong", that is your opinion. My opinion is the Far Left has used identity politics to discount and shame people, especially young, white, heterosexual men who aren't in their accepted groups. I do see how that would anger them, even if I totally abhor how a small number of them behaved and their violence yesterday.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:50 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post

1 anti protestor died (white woman). An idiot in a car did it. Not the protestors.
Would you say that the anti-protester intentionally put herself in danger by attending? Would you say that she provoked a group of people who were there first?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Would you say that the anti-protester intentionally put herself in danger by attending? Would you say that she provoked a group of people who were there first?
It's like you are Gumby trying to bend this into being the dead woman's fault instead of facing the truth.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:53 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Source?

Just watched a video - the car was attacked after he drove into the crowd and killed that woman.
No, It was before he floored it. Stuff was being thrown at the car, which car I don't know. then it speed down the block . It could have been one of the cars that were already down the street stopped. It could have been the car he hit.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:53 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post

The "idiot in a car" was a protester for the alt-right. He came to Charlottesville to attend the protest. He was photographed about 1.5 hours earlier holding an alt-right shield at the protest.

Here's the driver earlier in the day, holding the round shield in the center of this photo. He was a protester.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3407245

Old 08-13-2017, 11:57 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It does matter. The first amendment isn't unfettered. One can't scream 'FIRE" in a crowded theater, etc.

Screaming racial epithets and anti-semitic remarks was clearly meant to intimidate and incite violence.

Just give it up. Your reasoning is one-sided.

Thank you very much - you've validated our past discussions - Pigs in a blanket - fry em like bacon.

Screaming these comments meant to intimidate and incite violence - where were you then?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like you are Gumby trying to bend this into being the dead woman's fault instead of facing the truth.
Um no--I was asking questions..not making a statement. that is why there is a "?" at the end of the sentences..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies