Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 12:28 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,221,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The counter protesters did not attack the white nationals, the WN left the area they had a permit for, well prepaired with riot gear they went on to incite violence an terrorize. No way around that fact.

Sure they did.
The protestors didnt leave their designated area untill they were forced out by the police.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:28 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,305,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
You have no clue. Only opinions. Even thou I think your opinions stink, I still let you post them. Because we live in the USA and you have the right to do so.
Same as the protestors.
However the anti protestors did not have the right to assemble or attack the protestors no mater how much they dislike what they say.
Clearly it is not legal to engage in assault, but I think the rest of your statement is iffy. Can you prove that the counterprotesters organized ahead of time rather than gathered spontaneously?

Old 08-13-2017, 12:30 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,221,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Clearly it is not legal to engage in assault, but I think the rest of your statement is iffy. Can you prove that the counterprotesters organized ahead of time rather than gathered spontaneously?
Even if they gathered spontaneously, it docent matter. They attacked the protestors at the university then the next day at the park. They were in the wrong.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,555,030 times
Quote:
I havent seen any posts defending the driver. Please reference them.
Logic seems to defy some of the posters here. They would rather put a spin of lies. It doesn't matter whether you agree with what others say or not but when you see the voice of any group belittled you realize you could be next. The protestors rights were stomped on.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 PM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
Sure they did.
The protestors didnt leave their designated area untill they were forced out by the police.
Not true

Old 08-13-2017, 12:32 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,434,151 times
Quote:
I saw many posts on the Antifa and extreme leftist boards announcing the event..some people were asking for rides, other organizing meeting points and lodging. It is hard for a group so loaded with out of state participants to have formed 'spontaneously'.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:32 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Are you freaking kidding me? One of their followers rammed a car into a crowd and killed a Charlottesville resident, paralegal Heather Heyer. These racist *******s had no valid reason to interfere in a local issue -- the removal of a statue by the lawfully elected City Council -- and to terrorize Charlottesville citizens. They marched around waving torches at people on Friday night and beat a black man in a parking garage on Saturday. They carried shields and weapons. Those are not the actions of peaceful protestors. That's a group that came prepared to wreak havoc.

Think about this for a moment. Racists from around the country descended on this small city and held it hostage, shutting down commerce and sucking up law enforcement resources to control the chaos, indirectly leading to the death of two state police officers. And if it can happen in Charlottesville, it can happen anywhere, including your city.
The radical left always interferes with peaceful Trump Supporters ,no Nazi flags,no hate just support for our president and the hooded violent guys have to show up. Happened in a small town in NJ.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 PM

15,590 posts, read 10,327,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The counter protesters did not attack the white nationals, the WN left the area they had a permit for, well prepaired with riot gear they went on to incite violence an terrorize. No way around that fact.
According to a NYT reporter the counter protesters did "attack white nationals".

https://twitter.com/SherylNYT/status/896575560650035200

Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
You have no clue. Only opinions. Even thou I think your opinions stink, I still let you post them. Because we live in the USA and you have the right to do so.
Same as the protestors.
However the anti protestors did not have the right to assemble or attack the protestors no mater how much they dislike what they say.
Protestors do NOT need to get anyone's permission to protest. They do NOT have to abide by "you can protest here, but you can't there".

Protest does NOT include intentionally harming others but one does NOT need permission to protest.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:34 PM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Logic seems to defy some of the posters here. They would rather put a spin of lies. It doesn't matter whether you agree with what others say or not but when you see the voice of any group belittled you realize you could be next. The protestors rights were stomped on.
The whit nationals were not stomped on because of their hateful speech they were stopped because they incited violence. No problem if they would of stayed where they had a permit and stood there spewing their hatred instead of acting on it. Why do you and others seem to want to ignore their violence ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies