Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 07:26 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Playing the race card, together with the focus on identity politics, which in its racial aspects is racism plain and simple, has been a central piece of the explanation of why the Democrats have been getting their asses kicked in elections, all up and down the ballot, from the white house all to the dog house.

If you "progressives" want to double down on this crap, yet again, have at it. But I really am doing you a solid by trying to talk you all off of the ledge here. As you are probably aware, insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. But if course it is up to you to decide whether you want to go that same way again.
Aw, come on! All their talk is doing is ensuring another 4 years for The Donald.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:26 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Oh, it would be a lot different than the British bulldozed those battlefields. The British don't have a say in what we do in the US. The Charlotte city council voted to take down the statue, a very democratic (little "d") act. Far different from another country coming in with bulldozers.

Yes, and didn't we go to war about this secession thing, too?

LOL - We Brits don't want to get involved, and have statues of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln (London and Manchester), the Roosevelt Memorial, John F. Kennedy (as well as a memorial at Runnymede in Surrey), Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan as well as Benjamin Franklin's only remaining home.

We also have statues of Thomas Paine in Thetford and John Bunyan in Bedord, whilst where the pilgrims set off on their voyage from Plymouth also has a memorial and the Mayflower Steps.

There is even a memorial to John Paul Jones who had learnt his seafaring trade in Whitehaven in Cumbria and who would become the founding father of the American Navy. Whilst Pocahontas is buried at St George's Church Gravesend in Kent and also has a statue.

There are home to the ancestrol home of General Lee at Coton Hal in Shropshire, William Penn's grave near the Mayflower Barn, Washington Old Hall, Woodrow Wilson family home in Carlisle (home to the Woodrow Wilson pub) and numerous other connections such the Brookwood American Cemetery and Memorial, the Cambridge American Cemetery and Memorial, Lisnabreeny American Military Cemetery and the American Prisoner of War Cemetery Dartmoor in Devon in memory of the US PoW's who died there during the 1812 War.

We also have a USAF museum at Duxford and The American Museum in Britain is based at Claverton Manor, near Bath.

Whilst Harvard House and the Harvard Family from Stratford Upon Avon set up some museum in America, whilst Elihu Yale who also set up a University is buried in St Giles Churchyard in Wrexham.

Indeed British Scientist James Smithson gave you some money and you built a nice museum called the Smithsonian with it, and Scotsman Andrew Carnegie was also quite generous to you.

We definetely won't be bombing Guam or attacking the US in any way in the future, and we would much appreaciate it if you don't go all fire or fury or locked and loaded on us, as the War of Independence was a long time ago.

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-14-2017 at 08:54 AM..

Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
BLM/AF my azz! You know better than this. Did you see the young woman who was murdered by the Nazi? A young WHITE WOMAN who worked as a paralegal. Yeah, she was an AF radical for sure. Did you notice the crowd? Mostly WHITE. Kids in tow. Get over it with the BLM bullshizz. There is no excuse for the hate of the right and no justification for murder of people who committed no crime but took to the streets to show America and the world that their city was better than the Nazi, white nationalist filth who were trying to take it over.
And there's no excuse for the hate on the left, the BLM,AntiFaaaaa,New Black Panthers etc. Plenty of hate and division to go around. Sadly some just want to focus on the OTHER SIDE instead of BOTH SIDES.

There is absolutely no excuse or justification for what those KKK and/or White Supremacists believe in. We've needed to be done with them since their inception. Hell, they want to kill MY people as well (Jews) so yes, I get it.
At the same time there's no excuse/justification for the violence/riots/looting/burning from the other side/color of the spectrum.

Did you happen to see what happened in Seattle yesterday? Such sweet and non violent people there...

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It is his lack of reaction and lack of condemnation of the Neo Nazis white groups that started the fighting .Can you comprehend that?

Who is keeping you in the dark?

From what I saw, it was ANTIFA that brought the violence there. The message was not white pride, until the KKK showed up.

The best video I watched was from Riprty TV.

Was not suppose to start until noon
People started filtering in before 8am, to set up and get things organized.
Barricades already set up to herd the masses.
Antifa shows up first, about 10am they came marching in in a huge group and stood in the street. It was just a bunch of yelling from Anitifa. People in the park already there to discuss the removal of many historic monuments and statues around the South, were not paying them much attention.
Then at about 11:30 here comes about 300-400 White Nationalist, KKK and Nazi flag waver, marching in from the left side street, and as they piled into the park, things really heated up, and Antifa attacked them while the line piled up, because of all the barricades.

Antifa hurled urine balloons, acid bombs, tear gas canisters, wrist rockets, they also had bats and clubs.

Those marching in, only a few had flag poles.

Antifa could not control themselves to a bunch of yelling. They came armed.
The only people I saw armed, were, The Oath Keepers and they stayed neutral and back off out of the way.

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I cannot comprehend why it is so difficult for some posters to understand that it is within the purview of the lawfully-elected local government to determine the fate of the statue, which is ahistorical and not a protected war memorial as defined by the Commonwealth of Virginia. The fact that some are upset that the statue will be removed and expressing it quite vociferously on-line and elsewhere does not make the removal a First Amendment issue. Quite the opposite. The city has bent over backwards to accomodate statements of dissent to its own detriment.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not a surprise.. Black families and Latino families believe in marriage between one man and one woman. They are standing on their basic principles of their family values which is very strong to them.

Many are fundamental Christians who are rock solid in their moral beliefs. America is in a moral battle today.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:31 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
I just came here to watch Contortionist White Conservative Racists to justify the events of hate in Virginia.

And I found the BASKET OF DEPLORABLES in its full splendor.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:31 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Appears nurse is late with the meds today.
well, call her up and let her know you're Jonesing for a fix.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I just came here to watch Contortionist White Conservative Racists to justify the events of hate in Virginia.

And I found the BASKET OF DEPLORABLES in its full splendor.
Watching liberal media I presume.. spread the hate to Trump supporters.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
They both became violent. Face it folks, both sides came looking for a fight yesterday.
Yep and sadly LEO's let them. Why is that I wonder? Think about it, when in the last decade or more has law enforcement allowed any large group to get near enough to a KKK rally for violence to start not to mention where in a looooong time has one of these KKK rallies not drawn a huge police presence because they KNOW violence might occur?
I just heard a report that prior to the event the ACLU tweeted out that the Police were going to stand by while the two groups came together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies