Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 05:38 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times

Advertisements

I find it very hard to believe that normal people of good will saw those posters and lists of speakers and thought this was simply an opportunity to protest the removal of statues.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You should see what these whites on the left say about whites. As I said earlier, it's about hating themselves and white guilt. They are white but act like they aren't.

You can start here: https://twitter.com/hashtag/killallwhitemen?lang=en

And then go here if you didn't get enough: https://twitter.com/hashtag/antiwhite?lang=en

And here you got a mixed bag of those who are fighting back against it, and those who hate whites: https://twitter.com/hashtag/whitepeople?lang=en
I'm white and I'm on the left. I don't hate myself and I don't feel guilty about things that happened a hundred years ago. I didn't do it.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Antifa and the alt-left showed up looking for violence. It's OK to admit it. That doesn't mean you agree with the neo nazis's message or views.

Neo nazis and antifa are both scum.
Nope. If you disagree with anything that the left says then you are a Nazi white supremacist. Welcome to the United States in the social media era. In fact you, you are a Nazi just for suggesting this

Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I find it very hard to believe that normal people of good will saw those posters and lists of speakers and thought this was simply an opportunity to protest the removal of statues.
Yeah. I don't think so.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Exactly!!!! And here's the thing -- we all know that -- all of us here -- even the ones pretending to defend the innocent white supremacists who just want to save us all from losing history.

Except for Trump. He has no clue about life outside his golden apartment and he truly believes people like Mike Pence would have gone to the rally to do what he thought was the right thing.

BULL.....LOL

As I said -- we all know that -- Trump is clueless. He has not lived a life like we have. He has no clue.

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think so..Richard Spencer takes credit for inventing it and I can't think of any reason to doubt him.
The White Nationalist Origins Of The Term 'Alt-Right'
Thanks -- so white nationalists coined it for white nationalists -- then why does the left and the media throw it out all the time when they don't agree with republicans on something? Most people, like me, don't know it's origins I guess.

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Trump asked journalists today to tell him what the alt-right actually means since he and his administration are often called that.
I don't understand what it means either except it seems like an umbrella term made up by the left to sweep all republicans under as racists and bigots.
Does alt-right mean racists?
This might help a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7zWQmIAotg

Old 08-15-2017, 05:42 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Everyone is focused on the racist aspects of the Charlottesville incident, but it must be noted that the Tiki-Torch carrying Neo-Nazis were chanting Anti-Semitic threats and slogans. They were carrying Nazi swastika banners and wearing Nazi inspired emblems.

The protest was every bit an anti-Jewish demonstration as it was a racist demonstration.

Can you imagine being a young Jewish student or Jewish faculty member strolling on the University of Virginia campus when this Nazi rally was taking place?
As a Jew, we know and follow the rhyme "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me." The only Jews who don't follow it are the Leftists that listen to the stuff the ADL spouts out and look for anti-Semitism everywhere. If the US were to take the higher ground, then the US would've outlawed Nazism in the way Germany has done.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
See red above for my comment.

Who here worships that guy? Who? I'm Jewish and I sure dont. And I am smart enough to realize 99.99% of the right doesn't either.
Again, no BLM member has EVER killed a cop.

You got a link? Nope? Say it again and get reported for trolling.

You guys love bringing up that chant, from three years ago. As disgusting as it was, that doesn't define the group the same way you all claim nazis don't define conservatives. See how that works?

Nazis worship Hitler. Try to keep up, good grief.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You can't remove history by taking down a statue. Only an idiot thinks that.

None of those guys were from there -- they travelled to a community that wasn't theirs to stick their values in on someone else's turf. It was wrong.

And on top of that -- they promote hate, white supremacy -- they aren't there to protect history. They were there for nothing but trouble.

You know that, I know that...Trump doesn't know that -- that is what is sad about all this. He doesn't know -- he doesn't know about the real world. He knows gold toilets, and golf courses
They didn't give two chits about that statue. If you listen to the organizers - they never mention it. They talk about how they needed to 'get off the internet" so people could see they were real.

They talked about showing America their true force.

The statue was simply an excuse to parade around a liberal town with torches, nazi flags, and guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies