Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think people have a right to defend themselves against leftist attacking them for exercising their free speech rights.
Hold on their slugger. Many of the neo-nazis showed up just as armored up with weapons as the left.

It has to be equal against or for violence, there's only two sides to this.

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh, and they just had some Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists mix in with them the following day (Saturday) after their initial, peaceful march. OMFG.
Get real.. there could have been people from the town who wanted the statue to stay and had no racist thoughts at all. Just history to stay in place.

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The police were not prepared for this, even so the police chief already indicated that the marchers deviated from the route. It appears from their actions on Friday night and Saturday that this is what they wanted.
The police were not prepared ? There was over 1,000 people from the Charlottesville Police, Virginia State Police even the Virginia National Guard? This is just typical liberal college town policy , they don't want a lawsuit mishandling some poor antifa . The whole melee was caused by incompetence

Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Please try to refrain from loading up on a diatribe, deflection and rationalization.

I have a very simple question:

Do you support the violence of the anti-supremacists?

Now, keep in mind they showed up from as far away as Berkeley and NYC armed with weapons and tactical gear, so hundreds of them came intent on fighting.

I'm more of a pacifist Libertarian, so I don't support intentional violence of any sort.

So, do you?
All political violence, unless it's retaliation, is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Haha "good people" march in KKK marches lol. We live in a sick country.
Who said it was a KKK rally specifically? Do you know that?.. it could have been posted as support for the Lee Statue to stay.

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Evidence?
You can't look it up yourself? Fine, here's some images to enjoy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=anti...w=1467&bih=683

Old 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Crooked Trump is such a deplorable person. The common republican must hang their head in shame.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The Left never condemns any part of its base. They makes excuses for muslims terrorist, BLM, common criminals, even the leftist shooter at Republican legislators. But they demand the right condemn everyone. Zero honesty and integrity from the left.
Plenty of "leftists" (a stupid term, by the way) have condemned all of those groups at one point or another.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Drain The Swamp, Flood the Sewers.

The creepy crawlies are out like never before. Thanks Trump.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I find this entire situation so infuriating, confusing, and embarrassing. Once again, I get what Trump is saying but his delivery is all out of whack. We basically had two radical groups have a riot. Both preaching their own brand of hatred. The fact that one had a permit and one didn't does not mean anything to me. I can not believe that I am living in a world where people are flying Nazi flags, identifying as white supremacists and support the KKK. It's despicable. I have spent my entire life knowing that Nazis are bad, the KKK is bad, white supremacy is bad, racism and prejudice is bad towards anyone and from anyone. These were just accepted facts by me and everyone else I know. Talking about it with a friend of mine today when I asked him how is this possible he said, "well, there are crazy people out there."

I am not naive I know these people exist but, I always thought they were regulated to the shadows. I understand why Trump did not call them out by name Saturday. Why name them and give them the attention that they seek. Millions of people died at the hands of Nazis victims of the Holocaust and the soldiers fighting to free Europe. They were stamped out 60 years ago and better stay that way. Trump names these groups and you get the KKK leader thanking him directly on twitter. That type of empowering these backwater savages only empowers them.

The media baited Trump and he fell for it and why he tried to see the good in both sides by saying there are good people on both sides is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that maybe he felt there were people there supporting the protests on both sides that weren't affiliated with any organization? But if he did feel that way he sure didn't explain it properly it gets lost in translation and he looks terrible. People will play that sound bite forever. This could be the blow that proves fatal to Trump and it's by his own doing....AGAIN! You can only walk in between the rain drops for so long before you get wet and Trump got caught in a downpour today. Plus, it comes on a day where it appears Trump could have been taking a victory lap for his tough stance on North Korea we get this mess and that crisis and apparent success is put to the back burner. General Kelly must be livid.

I am disappointed and dumbfounded by the president and disgusted by the alt left and alt right groups or whatever they call themselves. These groups have no place in the United States of America.
They got a permit.. it was lawful to march.. get it... we are America..

What about black supremacy.. do you think it is bad.?. it is Al Sharpton , Jessie Jackson that preach about blackness ... black pride, black is beautiful.. all about black people.. never about all people..

How about White pride, white is beautiful.. no, that is negative but blacks can be supremacists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies