Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet, two of the groups of "counter-protesters" have a long history of violent acts. Both BLM and Antifa have committed violence time after time, most commonly against defenseless individuals. Usually either the elderly, women or when they dramatically outnumber the other side. And for years, "white supremacists", vile as they are, have been pretty quiet and far less violent. When was the last time you heard of the KKK rioting, looting, burning buildings or blocking highways with their temper tantrums?
Long history? BLM has only been around since 2013!

Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
So we should let communists put up statues of Castro and Stalin in U.S Paris sbwfause that is history. When th communists come marching down the steeet with their talk of French Revolution and killing the rich to divide up the lie moneybags to the poor, we should just ignore them. Let them grow till they have political power. Now I'm not one to support violence but you really can't equate BLM and Antifa to nazis. First of all the worst either group has done is riot. BLM isn't even a nationalist group and BLM Charlottesville or Virginia etc. looked a third white too me or at least they weren't racist enough to protest by themselves and chose to protest with the whites instead. Antifa while their tactics are bad they have good values. For all the posturing on the right they can't seem to find a right winger who has been killed by Antifa yet it is easy to find a list of people killed by Nazis it is easy to find a list of people killed by Neo-nazis. While I agree that at the rate it's going Antifa may eventually lead to a death (talking about American Antifa don't know if European Antifa which is way more violent has lead to a death), they apparently aren't radical enough for the FBI and haven't really done anything besides beating up Nazis and right wingers who they thought were Nazis. While Antifa violence is never justified in almost every case the right wingers were provoking Antifa to act. They said things like we are bastions of free speech and purposely held shows at liberal strongholds knowing the violent Antifa would act. They say the Antifa is stopping free speech when they can share these opinions just about anywhere but a UC Berkeley campus.

In this specific case though while both sides had a role to play, Neo Nazis were undoubtedly at fault and IMHO right wingers should stop baiting Antifa people to fight. Milo for example didn't have to hold his event at a place like Berkeley. If he wanted to reach to the other side modern technology allows you to do marvelous things that don't lead to violence.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:28 PM

24 posts, read 12,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Truth hurts you. You know you're going to lose. Antifa is scum and will be annihilated. Keep talking your trash. Antifa will never win.
*Eichmann vibes*

Old 08-15-2017, 11:29 PM

BLM and American Antifa body count- BLM has zero. Antifa might have a few but haven't found any. European Antifa- again don't know if threybhave killed anyone.

Nazis body count- millions
NeoNazis body count- dozens maybe hundreds

Old 08-15-2017, 11:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Please try to refrain from loading up on a diatribe, deflection and rationalization.

I have a very simple question:

Do you support the violence of the anti-supremacists?

Now, keep in mind they showed up from as far away as Berkeley and NYC armed with weapons and tactical gear, so hundreds of them came intent on fighting.

I'm more of a pacifist Libertarian, so I don't support intentional violence of any sort.

So, do you?
The non-aggression principle is paramount. I only support defensive use of force. It is the only moral and logical way to respect the rights of others.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess you don't have parents and grand parents? Unfortunately Bigotry against our elders seems to be acceptable to many What other forms of Bigotry are acceptable to you?
Pointing out an age group that is more likely to hold certain views isn't bigotry.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
BLM and American Antifa body count- BLM has zero. Antifa might have a few but haven't found any. European Antifa- again don't know if threybhave killed anyone.

Nazis body count- millions
NeoNazis body count- dozens maybe hundreds
Each time a new group forms (because BLM and Anifa are relatively new) they get to match the body count of past nefarious violent syndicates?

Then what?

Old 08-15-2017, 11:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Please try to refrain from loading up on a diatribe, deflection and rationalization.

I have a very simple question:

Do you support the violence of the anti-supremacists?

Now, keep in mind they showed up from as far away as Berkeley and NYC armed with weapons and tactical gear, so hundreds of them came intent on fighting.

I'm more of a pacifist Libertarian, so I don't support intentional violence of any sort.

So, do you?
I have a similar question-hope you don't mind me adding it to your thread. If the "counter-protesters" hadn't shown up, would the rally have turned violent? I mean, it's possible. Look at all the leftist demonstrations where property is destroyed, businesses looted, neighborhoods burned, highways and emergency services blocked. All when no counter-protesters showed up. So you can't say it isn't possible. The question is-is it likely that it would have happened? And is it likely that innocent people, with nothing to do with the protest that happened to be at the wrong place, would have been dragged out of their cars and beaten, simply due to their race? These thing did happened at BLM protests.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Long history? BLM has only been around since 2013!
And have participated in violent acts since the movement's "founding", resulting in the riots, looting and violence in Ferguson. Antifa has been around in various forms (read the wiki entry) but really has been a recognizable force for even less time-and has a perhaps worse history of violence.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 PM

Default If the "counter-protesters" hadn't shown-would Charlottesville rally have turned violent?

Simple question-had the Charlottesville rally, held legally and with an issued permit-been allowed to happen with out the intervention of violent counter-protesters such as Antifa and BLM, would the rally have turned violent?

I mean, it's possible. Look at all the leftist demonstrations where property is destroyed, businesses looted, neighborhoods burned, highways and emergency services blocked. All when no counter-protesters showed up. So you can't say it isn't possible that the white supremacists would have turned to the same tactics. The question is-is it likely that it would have happened? Is there history in the recent past (say the last 10 years) of such things happening by such groups? Honestly-I don't know-I don't follow the acts of these ignorant a-hats. And is it likely that innocent people, with nothing to do with the protest that happened to be at the wrong place, would have been dragged out of their cars and beaten, simply due to their race? These thing did happened at BLM protests.

So, thoughts. Without counter-protesters would this particular group of ignorant racists have gotten as violent as left-wing protesters?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 08-15-2017 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies