Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times

Advertisements

NoRecess:
I'm not saying they need to match before they are taken as a hate group. But I'm saying it's like comparing th Fire to model of a Toyota Camry to the latest model of a Toyota Camry, one is better than the other. While I don't like Antifa, they are at best a misguided group of people. Neo Nazis and Nazis, I don't really have to explain do I. My point is that one side isn't clearly to blame and it is the Nazis. Call me when the people arguing are Communist vs. Nazis or Islamic Extremists vs. Nazis. But Antifa and BLM, one group barely even have any racists and the other group has the type of racist who are so open with their racism they don't even realize their racist and while they will call white people names don't even think their racially superior and may even have white friends (this has been discussed before but having friends of another race doesn't mean your not racist). My point is most BLM racist hate white people but don't think their superior and don't even mind living next to white people, their racism-lite. I have met these type of people in school and they will say racist stuff next to white people all the time but their best friend is white, and they don't care about black nationalism or anything but think whites people in general are annoying/stupid. These people don't compare to Nation of Islam types and Black Israelites and Black Egyptian groups, and they definitely don't compare to Neo Nazis.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:54 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
A lot of anti-protesters were not organized they came out as normal folk, so that pretty much says it all.

Nazi's suck, and BIGLY.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
What many people forget is that this past weekend was the 4th march in favor of Lee's statue in the town so far this year. None of the previous marches had violence between protesters and counter-protesters.

Interestingly enough, the last march prior to this weekend is where violence did break out. But it was after the KKK went home.

Quote:
Last month, more than 1,000 counter-demonstrators outnumbered the KKK - a white supremacist group that has a lengthy history of lynching African Americans - as they protested against the statue's removal.

After the KKK members departed, police clashed with counter-protesters, arresting 23 of them.
Alt-right rally: Charlottesville braces for violence | USA | Al Jazeera

Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammila View Post
*Eichmann vibes*
This is who funds your antifa outings:

http://i.imgur.com/fepKE09.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-16-2017 at 07:37 AM..

Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
A lot of anti-protesters were not organized they came out as normal folk, so that pretty much says it all.

Nazi's suck, and BIGLY.
You mean, those "normal folk" that came armed with clubs, bats, improvised flame throwers and balloons filled with urine, covering their faces in masks?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Yet another alternative explanation of what happened that you won't ever get from mainstream media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1NXoULi9qs

Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
This is becoming surreal. Are we supposed to treat men carrying Nazi flags and torches through the streets shouting things like "Jews will not replace us" and signs saying "Whites are the Master Race" as if it's normal and accepted?

Watching Trump frantically defend them - his own daughter is Jewish. This country is taking a very dark turn.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Antifa and the alt-left showed up looking for violence. It's OK to admit it. That doesn't mean you agree with the neo nazis's message or views.

Neo nazis and antifa are both scum.
Nope. Not buying it.

"At some point you have to judge more than just the act of fighting. You have to judge what the fighting is for. Some principles are worth fighting for, and others are not."

Fighting for something like "jews will not replace us!", fascism, and Neo-Nazism, is NOT morally equivalent to fighting against those things.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:10 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Simple question-had the Charlottesville rally, held legally and with an issued permit-been allowed to happen with out the intervention of violent counter-protesters such as Antifa and BLM, would the rally have turned violent?

I mean, it's possible. Look at all the leftist demonstrations where property is destroyed, businesses looted, neighborhoods burned, highways and emergency services blocked. All when no counter-protesters showed up. So you can't say it isn't possible that the white supremacists would have turned to the same tactics. The question is-is it likely that it would have happened? Is there history in the recent past (say the last 10 years) of such things happening by such groups? Honestly-I don't know-I don't follow the acts of these ignorant a-hats. And is it likely that innocent people, with nothing to do with the protest that happened to be at the wrong place, would have been dragged out of their cars and beaten, simply due to their race? These thing did happened at BLM protests.

So, thoughts. Without counter-protesters would this particular group of ignorant racists have gotten as violent as left-wing protesters?
Very easy answer to this question.

Watch the VICE program that followed the White Supremacists, KKK and Neo Nazis on Friday night and the following day. The VICE team interviewed them and were even allowed at one point to accompany some of them in their van.
Should tell you all you need to know.
The VICE program is just half an hour long.

Then come back here with your own conclusions.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:11 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This is becoming surreal. Are we supposed to treat men carrying Nazi flags and torches through the streets shouting things like "Jews will not replace us' and signs saying "Whites are the Master Race" as if it's normal and accepted?

Watching Trump frantically defend them - his own daughter is Jewish. This country is taking a very dark turn.
Normal and accepted? No. Are we supposed to respect their right to peacefully assemble and express their opinions, as vile and disgusting as they are? Yes. In case you missed it, the first amendment doesn't just protect speech we happen to like. Oh-you can of course thank the ACLU for ensuring that these racists got their permit. Which...I have to give grudging respect to the ACLU for. Standing up for principles is far more difficult when you disagree with those who your principles have you defend.

So, again, the question becomes-had the violent "counter-protesters" not shown up, is it likely that this would have turned as violent and destructive as left-wing demonstrations in, say, Ferguson, Baltimore and DC did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies