Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
WASHINGTON — President Trump buoyed the white nationalist movement on Tuesday as no president has done in generations — equating activists protesting racism with the neo-Nazis and white supremacists who rampaged in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend.
Never has he gone as far in defending their actions as he did during a wild, street-corner shouting match of a news conference in the gilded lobby of Trump Tower, angrily asserting that so-called alt-left activists were just as responsible for the bloody confrontation as marchers brandishing swastikas, Confederate battle flags, anti-Semitic banners and “Trump/Pence” signs.
“Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and white supremacists came to Charlottesville heavily armed, spewing hatred and looking for a fight,” Mr. McAuliffe said. “One of them murdered a young woman in an act of domestic terrorism, and two of our finest officers were killed in a tragic accident while serving to protect this community. This was not ‘both sides.’”
Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost

I don't understand the surprise, he's spewing the exact same garbage that he did his entire campaign! He clearly showed what a disgusting SUBHUMAN he is then.....and he's no different now!
News flash, the counter protesters share responsibility for the violence. Anyone who has more than one brain cell understands that. When you know that a group of idiots that is your complete ideological opposite is having an assembly and you have been told to show up to oppose them and "be ready for violence", it doesn't take a genius to realize that things are probably going to get violent. If you still decide to go, you really shouldn't be surprised when life smacks you in the face with your decision.

Question: Would you still be upset if the tables were turned? Had the original protesters been BLM and the White Supremists counter protested, resulting in a BLM member killing one of them, would you be outraged?

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Antifa got one big support.
https://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/2017/0....e3JJ9COp.dpbs

With friends like that, who need ennemies? Lol!

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump got the approval of David Duke and his supporters and that's the end of the story. He has made it clear which side he is on. I don't need to elaborate.
Exactly. Trump is a coward and a bigot. One could also argue if he should even remain in office - somehow, supporting domestic terrorism to gain votes seems very questionable when it comes to his supposed oath of office. Not that Trump actually meant any of what he swore to protect or uphold, of course.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You seem to fail to see that there was indeed a wrong, evil side here---the neo-nazis, the white supremacists and there was a side that opposed them. They are not morally equivalent.
The antifa are violent scum, as they amply showed themselves to be in Berkeley a couple of months ago by committing vandalism, arson and random attacks on innocent bystanders.

Trump has repeatedly condemned white supremacists, but you're still not satisfied.

When will you be satisfied?

When he does it ten times? One hundred times? One thousand?

Why haven't the Left and the Democrats strongly condemned antifa and the violence it committed at Berkeley?

As usual, we have nothing more here than Democrat and leftist hypocrisy -- which is never ending (yawn). Doesn't the faux outrage get exhausting after a while? I'm beginning to worry about the health of my Democratic, liberal and leftist friends. They're overheated and in danger of hyperventilating. They haven't finished going into hysterics over one incident when they go into hysterics about another incident. I don't know how long they can sustain this....

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-16-2017 at 05:42 AM..

Old 08-16-2017, 05:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Exactly. Trump is a coward and a bigot. One could also argue if he should even remain in office - somehow, supporting domestic terrorism to gain votes seems very questionable when it comes to his supposed oath of office. Not that Trump actually meant any of what he swore to protect or uphold, of course.
He never supported domestic terrorism. Where do you crazy people get your news?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Had they been black and said "Whites will not replace us!", what does it mean?

What is someone feeling when they say something like that? Do they feel privileged? Or do they feel weak and abused?
You are becoming absurd. I don't care what they feel. It is a hostile hateful anti-semitic rallying cry.

They didn't march through the city yelling, "I feel powerless and abused, waaa..." They shouted fascist slogans that were last used in Nazi germany before the extermination of millions of Jews.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-16-2017 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: rude

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Exactly why should he reach out?
In a word, leadership.

After the riot in VA on Saturday, tRump had the perfect opportunity to step up and unite the vast majority of Americans against Nazi and Klan hatred and violence.

Instead, he took their side.
Quote:
Should every POTUS reach out to the family of every murder victim?
Should every Trumpling post inane comparisons?

Quote:
It's horrible that she was murdered by that POS racist thug, but I don't see what makes her more important than every other murder victim.
You've made that very clear.

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's clearly visible in the video.

That's why he ISN'T being charged with murder one. It wasn't premeditated, and the DA knows it having seen the evidence. And it'll be hard to get even a murder two conviction given the video evidence of his car being attacked before he accelerated to evade.
Because his car was attacked from behind, as clearly seen in the video. He then accelerated forward to evade further attack.

Come on, people... Use critical thinking skills on ALL of it from the driver's reaction to being attacked from behind to the DA's refusal to charge murder one. /SMH
He was whipped into an emotional frenzy by a riot and spent one or two minutes looking down a street at counter-protestors before crashing into them. That's not proof of pre-meditation.

In any case, I have not seen anything in the widely-circulated videos of the scene that shows anyone attacking his car prior to the incident. I would be interested in seeing the video that you believe shows the provocation if you care to share it.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Why equating The anti-hate protesters with the Alt/right 'Unite the Right' is wrong:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...pgtype=article

Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They also chanted, "Jews will not replace us!" How are you going to white-wash that?
I saw this post on Twitter. I wondered what the "road apple"?

https://twitter.com/HarmfulOpinions/...67407891701761
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies