Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 12:17 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The point that I believe a few are missing is that this was a *terror* attack.
There's no evidence of that whatsoever, which is why there's no murder one charge.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:21 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
He caused more trouble and bad feelings towards "his side" and reinforced support for the other; this is why I wonder if he mayn't have been a patsy.

I really doubt he planned this as a terrorist attack. His life as portrayed by the media hardly depicts a criminal mastermind; more an unstable desperate loser type who wants someone to accept and validate his lousy existence, much like Dylan Roof. These dimwits don't even realize their actions will HURT the very cause they claim to hold so dear.

I would like to see a group of solid, productive average citzens of all races gather together against these destructive foolish "activists" of both sides; the common ground being, "respectable lives matter". Pitting race against race benefits whom? All involved will suffer. How is this not obvious?
Yeah ... Fields is almost certainly psychologically unstable with the line between a revenge attack (on those "lefties" who did yada yada yada to me) and a copycat terror attack (impress all those guys he just hung out with) perhaps thin. Regardless, I'd be surprised that if it was anything other than impulse.

And I actually tend to agree with you that many so-called activists on both "sides" may be more trouble than they are worth. Both have their crazies who are just plain unstable with group think and mob behavior in place at times.

But that doesn't keep the average citizen from evaluating the merits of the issues involved and forming an opinion. And perhaps weighing in by showing up at a rally. Numbers count. A vote of sorts.

Here, I've seen the various conspiracy theories about Kessler (?) but I frankly don't care for I've always found such speculation more trouble than it's worth. Like we've both said, these people are all a tad crazy. Unstable. Maybe more interested in the play than the cause. But in the end, what matters is the believing and the following.

In the last few days, curious, I've spent more time than I've should online reading AltRight crap. That cause I totally reject. There's no sugar coating it. As for pitting race against race? Here, I've no doubt there is political maneuvering. But I've no problem with listening to issues raised by BLM. Understand, accept what I can; disagree where it seems necessary.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-20-2017 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 12:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
He caused more trouble and bad feelings towards "his side" and reinforced support for the other; this is why I wonder if he mayn't have been a patsy.

I really doubt he planned this as a terrorist attack. His life as portrayed by the media hardly depicts a criminal mastermind; more an unstable desperate loser type who wants someone to accept and validate his lousy existence, much like Dylan Roof. These dimwits don't even realize their actions will HURT the very cause they claim to hold so dear.

I would like to see a group of solid, productive average citzens of all races gather together against these destructive foolish "activists" of both sides; the common ground being, "respectable lives matter". Pitting race against race benefits whom? All involved will suffer. How is this not obvious?
I realize I'm getting into "what if" territory here, but what do you think he was planning then? Why does one drive down a street crowded with people, accelerating one's car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's no evidence of that whatsoever, which is why there's no murder one charge.
Where'd you get your law degree, IC? When did you pass the Virginia bar?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:29 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I realize I'm getting into "what if" territory here, but what do you think he was planning then? Why does one drive down a street crowded with people, accelerating one's car?

I don't think that imbecile was planning ANYthing. I think he reacted with sudden rage, panic, or both. My guess is he just accelerated, like a frantic angry kid, having a tantrum. He had to've known he'd be caught posthaste. I'll be interested in his psych eval, esp IQ. Want to wager it's double digits? At least THIS violent idjit won't get off based on his low intellect/sad childhood/mental illness being an "excuse" as so many violent criminals do. I hope they leave him in gen pop but will prob put him in protective custody with the pedos so the inmates don't rip him apart.

I see it as an impulsive deed done by a childish, no impulse control fool, hoping to impress his WN pals, by his derring-do.

The media showed his dreary, low rent apartment bulding; yet he had a 40K sportscar. That tells you he makes BAD decisions and has ego issues and is dying to impress people (girls?) He isn't exactly dashing either. Lameass in a tacky rental but with a showy car, please. He is NOT a "planner".

Or he was someone's patsy.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 08-20-2017 at 12:39 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 12:46 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I read about three paragraphs of that piece, but had to quit. Too many of my brain cells started throwing up.
That's nothing compared to that clip will blow some heads like in that scene from the movie Scanners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRzkRLBfQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpEiE3-CYGA

Old 08-20-2017, 12:56 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Here is another link for you to read.

https://www.ushmm.org/confront-antis...and-distortion
Thanks for the link, and in exchange here a link for you, another thread on C-D THE Holocaust?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It turns out that Jason Kessler, the leader of the admittedly anti-semitic white nationalists -- who peacefully protested in Charlottesville until they were attacked, and who appear not to have known much about Kessler -- supported Obama, participated actively in Occupy Wall Street, and styled himself a professional "provocateur".

It is clear now that the Left orchestrated the death of Ms. Heyer in order to discredit Trump and his supporters.

Of course, the lying liberal fake news media and the libs in Silicon Valley with their monopoly on information access are doing everything they can to hide the truth from people. So is corporate America, which hates Trump because they can't buy him off, and which funded Hillary's campaign. So are the Republicans in Congress, who hate Trump and who do what corporate America tells them to do.

In other words, American people, you don't count anymore.

You elected the wrong guy, with the wrong policies (like stopping illegal immigration, deporting violent criminals instead of giving them sanctuary, and keeping Muslim terrorists out of this country), and you're going to be made to pay for that mistake.

Your freedom of thought and speech are being taken away, and a combination of the Deep State, the lib media, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, academia, and both political parties are going to make sure that America continues to be turned into a Third World country in which you are their slave whether you like it or not!

Don't say it's the left. It's a small circle of powerful, rich people who are on the left doing this.

I've been calling this for months. In fact, I predicted this would happen shortly after Trump won. It's not going to go away until Trump is out of office. It will only escalate. Look for bigger incidents as time goes on.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:57 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Wanting to know more about her does not equate to defending white supremacists. It's quite a leap and I don't understand how you arrive at that.

If the truth comes out, and you find it disgusting, so be it. She had a right to fight for whatever cause she chose, and to sympathize with whatever group(s) she chose, whether others approve of her choices or not.
That is the country we live in and a right we all have.

There need be no ulterior motive other than to find the truth.

It can prevent society from glorifying causes and making martyrs based purely on emotion.
Since you wrote, it's been said over and over that this is not a matter of a martyr with clay feet since she was killed randomly. So I won't repeat.

But make no mistake that Charlottesville was about getting the various white supremacist groups out of the internet and into the streets with the hope of gradually going mainstream. For their positions to be seen as the logical counter position to the Antifa/BLM that they intended to provoke and battle into compromising actions. The resulting videos then become great recruiting tools. (The boy-at-the-battle crap is part of the psychological appeal for they describe the excitement it engenders.)

I haven't been online to their sites in the last few days (really hate reading that crap). And won't go again, I think. But immediately after the killing, there were a few references to how to spin the debacle of Heather Heyer's death.

As it was, not all rightwing groups were willing to come to Charlottesville given their speaker line-up. The Unite the Right was absolute straight Fascist/KKK with (according to their own online pre-rally estimates) maybe about 50 percent Daily Stormer and related groups. The court of public opinion really does matter.

So yeah, what possible "disgusting truth" could there be about Heather Heyer that is relevant to anyone other than the white supremacist cause?

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-20-2017 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 01:19 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't say it's the left. It's a small circle of powerful, rich people who are on the left doing this.

I've been calling this for months. In fact, I predicted this would happen shortly after Trump won. It's not going to go away until Trump is out of office. It will only escalate. Look for bigger incidents as time goes on.
I predicted it's start on the first night of the "Not my President" protests.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:47 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There's already proof that he braked for the crowd, but then accelerated into the stopped cars after his car was attacked from behind. No need to keep going over this.

Quote:
Maybe this will help:

"The following offenses shall constitute capital murder, punishable as a Class 1 felony:

...The willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing of any person by another in the commission of or attempted commission of an act of terrorism"

https://vacode.org/2016/18.2/4/1/18.2-31/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies