Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,605 posts, read 17,935,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There is no record of that happening even one single time. Ever.

You are spouting totally fake history.
You can't. believe. that.

You just can't. You want that to be true, but you can't actually believe it.

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Still don't know which side threw the first punch. I'm White and a Nationalist. The Lefties are beginning to see the reaction to their bullying and statue removal antics. Fasten your seat belts. It's going to spread fast.
You're a white nationalist?

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Hate is what lead to this, this is just one example of where hate leads, unfortunately there is far more to come, we have lost our collective minds.

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
This was a terror attack. No question.

One dead, 19 injured after car plows into protesters during clashes at 'Unite the Right' rally | Fox News

This country is falling apart.
Yet people are silent because it's their tribe that is doing it. How is this any different from situations like Portland that conservatives make the Left own?

Old 08-12-2017, 04:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Well sir..a nice attempt at revisionist history..but no..in the south..the vast majority of lynchings were directed at black people--and the KKK was right at the heart of it. 'Uppity' blacks were targeted..those who insisted on registering to vote..those who talked back...many were lynched for the crime of looking at a white woman--or being thought to have sexual designs. Some were lynched for profit--and some for sport.

Yes, frontier justice contributed--if those numbers are reflected in the 4,700 number or not..I suspect not.

But it's not the number that matters really..its that the practice was condoned and even encouraged, in some places. People have long memories..and the thought that those days could come again..no matter how farfetched to you or me..has power. There is still a lot of racial tension in this country--as is apparent in current events.
73%, or 3,446, blacks were lynched, the rest, 27%, were white.

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Or the posters who write how they wish someone would run over BLM protestors. Now that their dream has come true, they want to act shocked and sad.
IF a bunch of fools of ANY skin color who look like real "trouble" try to stop me on the freeway, I may NOT stop. I'm talking BLM, KKK, la raza and so on.

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
There were all types of alt-lefts there. And you know dang well they are at the center of the violence..
One pic showed a black guy flaming a white guy with a can of spray chemical..
The left lost, and if they keep this kind of crap up, they are going to feel the wrath.. Why cant the left be rational.

4,504 posts, read 3,028,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Where have you been? Duke has been a well-known white nationalist figure since the late 1970s. He even ran for governor of Louisiana and served as a state legislator there for many years.
Millions of people in the other 49 states couldn't care less what happens in Louisiana. Can you name people who ran for governor in, oh, say Nebraska? No? Well, then...............

Old 08-12-2017, 04:20 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The white nationalists were protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee...who committed treason and wished to dismantle the United States, a country he fought against.
The Civil War was finished peacefully with both sides showing respect for the other. This is where we get our first Memorial Day with ladies from both sides putting flowers on the graves of the opposite side. Your attitude is where the hatred comes in and the removal of the statues is also a hateful demonstration. How would you like it if for no reason someone started downing your ancestors. I agree it is time to stop it and whomever started the hateful destruction of the historical statues should be the first to stop. They should never have started.

To call someone a hateful name just because they are proud of their ancestors is wrong. They may get these statues removed but it will profit them nothing. The war will still have happened and we will still be proud of our ancestors. Insanity is someone who has never owned a slave apologizing to someone who has never been a slave.

We have every right to be disgusted with the destruction of the beautiful works of art. Destroying them makes one to be just like Hitler.

Look what happened to New Orleans this week. They spent a lot of money hatefully destroying a statue while their pumps were in disrepair. Revenge is always wrong and will always profit no one. Destroying that statue did not help their crime rate, did not clean up their corruption, made no positive change to their city. New Orleans is still a cesspool and I predict it always will be.

This mess in Charlottesville was started by a revengeful act.

Last edited by NCN; 08-12-2017 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 04:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He was not convicted treason, nor met the requirements of it, nor was anyone. Not that I am some fan of it all, but it is a fact unless someone proves otherwise.

He also represents reconciliation, and moving forward peacefully, he could have easily kept the war up and the US would be like many areas of the world that are in conflict for decades, if not hundreds of years.
Personally, I couldn't care less if a statue of Lee was left anywhere in VA. He's not a figure I ever think or care about. Right now, he does not appear to represent reconciliation, just confrontation.

But I don't live there, I don't have ancestors who were slaves, and I have no dog in this fight (though I personally detest the white nationalist movement and find their rhetoric reprehensible.)

The city council of Charlottesville voted to remove it. So be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies