Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. I support BLM more than ever after Philando Castile was murdered, and I really don't care what Americans think about the movement
I guess our feelings were supposed to be hurt or something? Americans had negative views of the civil rights movements and MLK too.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
The problem with BLM is that they have no good leadership and have no strategic end-game to what they're doing. Even though there is obviously a larger black-on-black crime problem in big cities, I'm fine with them addressing police brutality issues, but the way they're going about it makes no sense.

All of their major protests have led to major destruction of BLACK neighborhoods and businesses. Whenever they setup these kinds of rallies, they know it will bring out rioters but they don't speak against that or try to prevent it. They've blocked highways and stores, disrupting citizens' lives. Tactics like that cause them to lose any support they may have gotten.

It be one thing if they demonstrated in front of city hall or a police station, and had an endgame of talking to the police chief to voice their concerns and come up with solutions, but like I said, they have no leadership. Just being angry isn't going to solve anything, and in fact has turned off any potential supporters and fired up the opposition, which has led to increased poll numbers from conservatives who want nothing to do with them. I'm just a lay person and I can see how flawed their strategy is.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:35 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
If you don't mind me asking what's your nationality and be honest please ?

It's easy to judge when your not the one targeted because of your skin color.

Sometimes death is better than living under oppression.
"Oppression"? Black people in America don't live under "oppression". Get a clue.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
BLM is not some organic group that fights for the rights of Black people. They're not the civil rights movement of the 2010's. They're unwitting pawns doing to dirty, ground work of old, rich, White men like George Soros. They're funded by people/organizations that hate our country & our freedom.

People saying their problem is that they're not organized and have no central leadership are off -the-mark. That's part of what makes them so dangerous & why they should be named a terrorist organization (hopefully Trump will get that done). There's no accountability. They can organize to march in your neighborhood, smash shop windows, loot, delay interstate transit and injure dozens of police officers and there's no recourse. No one to sue. No assets to take. No leaders to jail. This is no accident of course, the finest legal minds at the White think tanks plot their every move for them.

They're a fringe group. Most Black people I know don't support them. Most Democrats I know don't support them. If they're a part of the 2018 mid-terms or 2020 presidential election, it will spell disaster for the D's.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Last I checked, no BLM protester committed an act of terror by ramming their car into a crowd of counter protesters.

The purpose of BLM has been explained more times than I care to remember, but most of you don't care, anyways. You see "black" anything and it's enough to set you off.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
BLM is an angry group and their list of "demands" is so ridiculous I cannot take them seriously. Their funding is suspect also.

Scroll down to see them

https://policy.m4bl.org/

https://policy.m4bl.org/reparations/

Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
BLM is an angry group and their list of "demands" is so ridiculous I cannot take them seriously. Their funding is suspect also.

Scroll down to see them

https://policy.m4bl.org/

https://policy.m4bl.org/reparations/
A white nationalist terrorist killed a protester and injured dozens of others and you're complaining about reparations?

Yeah, speaking of not taking someone seriously.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
American's had a negative view of those protesting the Vietnam War also but they were right. Many American's had a negative view of those protesting "separate but equal" also.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
A white nationalist terrorist killed a protester and injured dozens of others and you're complaining about reparations?

Yeah, speaking of not taking someone seriously.
I was responding to this thread topic which has nothing to do with white nationalists. I responded in the Charlottesville thread also. See how that works? I also responded to the redneck thread. Was I supposed to bring up the horror in Charlottesville there too?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I guess our feelings were supposed to be hurt or something? Americans had negative views of the civil rights movements and MLK too.

The liberal tactic is to compare BLm to the civil rights movement of the 60s. It's not working and most people see it is not the same thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies