U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:16 PM

2,281 posts, read 792,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's what *certain* people like to tell minorities, especially blacks and Muslims, anytime someone in their "group" commits a violent/hateful act.

"The Muslim community needs to speak up against ISIS."

"The black leaders need to denounce BLM."

Now the shoe is on the other foot.
I've heard the Muslim one, never heard the black leader one. I really doubt that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or whatever would ever denounce BLM, if anything they're a part of it.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 PM

10,052 posts, read 5,746,827 times
Didn't Trump call out the violence and the hate? What more do you people want from him? What does he have to say that will satisfy the needs of lefties? Does he need to burn a Nazi flag and **** on a Pepe meme? Gimme a break. Even if he did, people would say it's too little too late.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 PM

3,280 posts, read 815,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's what *certain* people like to tell minorities, especially blacks and Muslims, anytime someone in their "group" commits a violent/hateful act.

"The Muslim community needs to speak up against ISIS."

"The black leaders need to denounce BLM."

Now the shoe is on the other foot.
Oh yeah, marching around making chants is just like isis

Old 08-12-2017, 06:20 PM

3,280 posts, read 815,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I've heard the Muslim one, never heard the black leader one. I really doubt that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton or whatever would ever denounce BLM, if anything they're a part of it.
they wont either , they support them. Most black leaders do

This is exactly why I have given up on most conservatives as cowards

Old 08-12-2017, 06:22 PM

10,964 posts, read 5,530,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
He's an idiot. He doesn't have the moral courage to denounce blacklivesmatter.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM

5,846 posts, read 3,074,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Funny you mention those two, because those names always come up as the unofficial leaders of the monolithic black community, who should denounce black crime/BLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Oh yeah, marching around making chants is just like isis
...which is exactly what people like you said about BLM, based off them making chants about police over 3 years ago.

But that wasn't the point, you missed it, how shocking.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM

11,286 posts, read 11,681,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, it appears there is a stalemate. Many conservatives won't call out the Nazi thugs and many liberals won't call out antifa and blm. What next?
We can denounce opinions that we don't agree with, but we can't stamp extremism out. There will always be extremists and extreme views. It's part of living in a free country. The best we can do is use our freedom of speech to counter extremism and educate people on why we believe the things we believe in. Being part of a free nation carries great responsibility, and requires tolerance from all citizens.

I don't like Nazis, but there are some modern day neo Nazis living in America. I can accept and tolerate that, even while spitting on everything they stand for. My grandfather fought real Nazis during WW2, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for his contribution. Modern day Nazis disgust me, especially since they know more about what was going on compared to the average German citizen during the war. I don't compare BLM to Nazis. They aren't even in the same league. In fact, they are worlds apart. But I don't like all of the things they have said and done. None the less, I tolerate their presence and celebrate their freedom of speech, which allows them a platform to share their message and vent their frustration.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:44 PM

22,157 posts, read 10,828,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump and the First Lady Both came out against the violence, because they did not say it the way some might have liked to not the point. I admit that I am Against Trump and his agenda, I admit it would make me Happy to think of him being removed from office for something that deserves it, that is Common Knowledge here. And with that I am telling you that what Trump said is one of the Few Times in my Opinion that he truly acted like the President of The United States of America. Knock him all you wish for what he does wrong, but when he gets it right learn to put your dislike aside, otherwise you are no different than what you say you are against.
As for the Repub Politicians, no one in their right mind thinks they in any way condone violence and hate by either side, especially not this case. Good Grief Folks...................

Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM

1,157 posts, read 587,982 times
like most pot bangers, Mark still hasn't learned the difference between being an activist and being a douchebag.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:52 PM

3,972 posts, read 3,691,948 times
Antifa and BLM started this riot. Just like in Berkeley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies